Start by marking “Caught in the Parallel” as Want to Read:
Caught in the Parallel

Caught in the Parallel (Parallelogram #2)

In a desperate move to save the life of her parallel self, high school science genius Audie Masters managed to bend the laws of physics. But now she's trapped in the wrong universe, with no sign that her scheme to save her alternate self, the famous teenage explorer and adventurer Halli Markham, actually worked.

Until she can sort out the physics of what went wrong, Audie h
Published December 16th 2011 by Ryer Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Caught in the Parallel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught in the Parallel

Ashley - Book Labyrinth
What I liked:
- Daniel! Yes, I adore this character.
- The action and pace of the story
- The last 1/4 of the story... I feel like this is where the most happened, and the most interesting relating to the parallel worlds and the science (the stuff from the first book that I adored)

What I didn't like:
- The lack of important events in the first half
- The love triangle; frustrating, and just not necessary
- Being left hanging with the end of the book being in the middle of a scene

Robin Brand
Sheila Beaumont
Caught in the Parallel, the second installment in this terrific series in which a teenage aspiring physicist travels to a parallel universe and meets her counterpart there, was even more riveting and hard to put down than the first. Quantum physics, adventure, authentic characters, realistic dialogue, suspense, romance, a fast pace: I couldn't ask for more! Now on to the third book!
Jan 16, 2012 Crystal rated it it was amazing
I really don't like Jake. Come on dude, give up.
Dec 20, 2011 Shielamom rated it it was amazing
When reading a series, you oft times expect book two to be the weakest. Not with Robin Brande at the helm. CAUGHT IN THE PARALLEL is every bit as fantastic as book one! Smarter, more romantic and fantastical, and new, just as authentic teen characters as before. Ms. Brande displays her world building chops by taking us to another dimension, all while showing how this new world and what is happening in it is all technically possible through real quantum physics. I was so invested in the story and ...more
Jan 21, 2014 Imatoothlessfan;3 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robin Brande you did it again. This FANTASTIC book series keeps me on my feet and wanting to read more and more a just read forever. But you also did the cliffhanger again. Not that that's a bad thing. Honestly I was freaking out that there was another book. In a good way of course don't worry. I really love Robins original ideas in all her story's such as this series and Evolution:Me and other Freaks Of Nature(also another awesome story) When have I heard of a girl getting trapped in her parall ...more
Jan 30, 2012 Carly added it
Shelves: 2012
Few authors have the ability to make quantum physics understandable, never mind interesting, but Robin Brande is one of the few. Again mixing hardcore science with an easy-to-love protagonist, the second book in Brande’s “Parallelogram” series is just as spectacular as the first. High school senior Audie Master is back, but she’s got a big problem. A botched attempt to save the life of her parallel self has left her stranded in an alternate universe and she has no idea how to get back. Her situa ...more
Amy Vaterlaus
I enjoyed this read more towards the middle after all the clinginess of Jake; whom I kinda wanna punch at the end of the book. I get it guy, you love Halli, but it's not her!!! I hope she lets him know that in the next book because he's really starting to get on my nerves! I love Daniel and think his character really brings the best in this book by being that strong character to get Audie back. I am interested to see what happens next. =)

*I give this one a lower rating like a 3.5 because The beg
Carol Mallory
Feb 27, 2012 Carol Mallory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Parallelogram(Book 1, Into the Parallel), Robin Brande intoduces the concept that one could travel to a parallel universe. This was the first book that I have read by Ms. Brande, and thought the idea to be pretty original. When Audie Masters discovers the secret to travelling to an alternate universe, she meets her "other self" there--only as a very different version. The new world that Audie enters is very different from home, but she becomes obsessed with travelling between the two worlds.
Dec 03, 2013 Theo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Robin Brande doesn't let us down in this second book. Everything is spinning out of control and all you can say "This is so thought provoking. What will happen next?” As far as living in Halli's world which is very different from Audie's world or our world, Robin has done a great job. Again in this book Audie is a real person. You can really relate with her, cheer for her, or cry with her as the story unfolds. Just when you think things are going good, bam cliff hanger. Don't read until you have ...more
Dec 22, 2015 Kelsey rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: any one who likes young adult/fantasy
My first thought: I want a Daniel. Second thought: How will I survive the wait for the third book?

This book was really good. I would like to thank Robin Brande for giving me the opportunity to read it.

I could not put it down, there was never a dull moment. I had no idea what was going to happen and the ending surprised me.
May 31, 2012 Kerri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am completely taken in by this storyline! Another ending that makes me want to run buy the next book. If only it were available! Robin Brande's voice is one that is so easy to read and relate to. I love her characters. Can't wait to see what happens to Audie/Hallie next!
Jan 29, 2012 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway-books
The story never slows, but propels you further into a new world full of questions and betrayals - you never know who to trust. Since Audie doesn't know what's going on, neither do we, so we get to experience that most wonderful aspect of reading - the joy of discovery.
Jun 05, 2012 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned
parallelogram 1 & 2 Are great reads. I could not wait finish them. If you Beleive these are a must read. The books really draw you into them.
Ellie Miki
This book was okay. I didn't like this book as much as the first one because it seems really cliche. I mean they switched bodies and there is a love triangle how cliche.
Julie-Ann Amos
Julie-Ann Amos rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2014
Becky rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2012
Alexandra Lord
Alexandra Lord rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Claudia Rouse
Claudia Rouse rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2014
Angie Green
Angie Green rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
Fritzie Anopa
Fritzie Anopa rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2013
Nathan  Jewell
Nathan Jewell rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2013
Anna rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2012
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2012
Traci Avalos
Traci Avalos rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2013
Sari rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2012
Sunny rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Sabine rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Terena rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2012
Tess rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Audition & Subtraction
  • Drawing Out the Dragons: A Meditation on Art, Destiny, and the Power of Choice
  • Manicpixiedreamgirl
  • Shattered Into Pieces
  • Herobear and the Kid Volume 1: The Inheritance
  • Truancy City (Truancy, #2)
  • The September Sisters
  • The Softwire: Wormhole Pirates on Orbis 3
  • Dinotrux
  • Sharp Shot (Rich and Jade, #3)
  • Winter Omens (The Last Year, #2)
  • Zweilicht
  • Kabuki, Vol. 5: Metamorphosis
  • Ciao (On the Runway, #6)
  • While You Were Gone (Duplexity, #2)
  • Small Eternities (Withern Rise, #2)
  • Mummy
  • Space Station Seventh Grade (Space Station Seventh Grade, #1)
Award-winning author Robin Brande is a former trial attorney, entrepreneur, black belt in martial arts, science nerd, Girl Scout leader, law instructor, yoga teacher, outdoor adventurer, and certified wilderness medic. Her novels have been named Best Fiction for Young Adults by the American Library Association. She was selected as the Judy Goddard/Libraries Ltd. Arizona Young Adult Author of the Y ...more
More about Robin Brande...

Parallelogram (5 books)
  • Into the Parallel (Parallelogram, #1)
  • Seize the Parallel (Parallelogram, #3)
  • Beyond the Parallel (Parallelogram, #4)
  • Parallelogram Omnibus Edition