Start by marking “Night Stalker” as Want to Read:
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  170 ratings  ·  10 reviews
From the darkest corner of your bedroom a gaunt face suddenly looms over you. You're pulled violently from your bed and a terrifying voice screams, "Swear to Satan!"
During a two year rampage, a sadistic serial killer entered the homes of families from El Paso to San Francisco. He raped, mutilated and tortured his unfortunate victims in one of the most vicious crime sprees
Published April 15th 1991 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Night Stalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Stalker

This book is very well written and the legal proceedings are easy to understand for the readers not familiar with the law. The thought that people are out there that sneak into homes and rape, torture and kill for fun is not a pleasant one. This book reminds us to be vigilant in life and be wary of strangers and friends alike.
Chad Brummett
The review Trine posted was actually by me. The brief synopsis is that it's not the best-written book out there, but a great read for true-crime fans or anyone that was terrified by hearing of this case in the past.
I'd give this book 3.5 if the option was there. I thought the author did a nice job of giving all the gory details while also explaining angles of crimes and court procedures. By now this book is also a little dated, and does leave the reader hunting for an update on what happened to Richard Ramirez. I also felt there were times when the author came off as being slightly biased about the crime and the perpetrater. Of course, no one can remain completely objective after reviewing the case. Overal ...more
Sharon Roy
If you want to know all sides of the story philip carlos book is way better.
Having already read Philip Carlo's book on the night stalker case I was keen to read this. Unfortunately i found it to be poorly researched and littered with inaccuracies, not even Ted Bundy's execution date was right !
Lauren O'Rourke

My boyfriend thinks I am researching his murder based on the fact that I am obsessed with all things true crime. The more horrific, the better.

I didn't know what to expect going in to "The Night Stalker". But I know what I got coming out of it. Learning the details of each attack had me squirming in my seat. Suspenseful, even though I already knew details. I feel like I know Richard Ramirez on a " forensic investigators" level. I now lock and double check my doors at night.
Feb 04, 2011 Paul rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of true crime
Enjoyable book that covered the topic in good detail. As points it is almost like reading a novel, particularly as it nears the point of his capture. For fans of true crime it is definitely a worthwhile read.
Good read. Appears to be an accurate account as I was living in Los Angeles at the time and remember the fear that pervaded L.A.
Night Stalker was a well written, informative book, but did seem to ramble occasionally.
Cuurline marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Mariana marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Sabrina Di Marco
Sabrina Di Marco marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2015
Megs marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Bernadette Carrillo
Bernadette Carrillo marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Phil marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Leila marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Kayla marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Syed Umair
Syed Umair marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Cody Simpson: Welcome to Paradise: My Journey
  • One Direction: The Official Annual 2014
  • Lethal Intent
  • Serial Killers (True Crime Series)
  • Buried Dreams: Inside the Mind of a Serial Killer
  • Blood Bath
  • The Boston Strangler
  • One Deadly Night
  • The Shoemaker
  • Scream at the Sky: Five Texas Murders and One Man's Crusade for Justice
  • Shots in the Dark: True Crime Pictures
  • From Cradle to Grave: The Short Lives and Strange Deaths of Marybeth Tinning's Nine Children
  • Ted Bundy: Conversations with a Killer
  • Auto Focus
  • 1d: The One Direction Story. by Danny White
  • Say You Love Satan
  • Laci: Inside the Laci Peterson Murder
  • Aruba: The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise
The Man Who Killed Boys: The John Wayne Gacy, Jr. Story Killer Kids: Shocking True Stories Of Children Who Murdered Their Parents The Vampire Killers: A Horrifying True Story of Bloodshed and Murder Massacre at Waco: The Shocking True Story of Cult Leader David Koresh and the Branch Davidians Babyface Killers: Horrifying True Stories of America's Youngest Murderers