Start by marking “Spring's Fury (The Graistan Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Spring's Fury (The Graistan Chronicles, #3)

Spring's Fury (The Graistan Chronicles #3)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  535 ratings  ·  48 reviews
RAGING PASSIONS

Nicola of Ashby bravely wielded a sword to fight for her father's fiefdom. Bravely but futilely, for her castle keep lay charred and the battle was lost. A woman warrior, Nicola had chosen her proud independence over a husband's rule. Now she swore to kill Gilliam FitzHenry -- murderer of her father, destroyer of her home -- the man who would wed her in a f
Published by Steel Magnolia Press (first published April 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Spring's Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring's Fury

Regan Walker
Rich in Medieval Detail and an Exciting Story!

Set in 1194, this is the story of Nicola of Ashby, a tall warrior woman, and Gilliam FitzHenry, brother to Rannulf, Lord Graistan. The story opens as Gilliam is assaulting Ashby manor and kills Nicola’s father, calling him traitor. There is obviously a prior history between the characters and prior events have taken place; hence I recommend you read these books in order (this is the 3rd book in the Graistan Chronicles, series list below).

Gilliam inte
Christine
I purchased this as a boxed set of 5 novels for my Kindle. I'm glad I did, Denise Domning is a new author for me and weaves an interesting tale with believable characters and plots. The setting for each is the 12th century which, to me, is interesting as well. I enjoy historic fiction and don't really have a favorite "place in time" as long as the plot is believable.

The pace is good and moves with a comfortable flow. The challenge to many novels with a conflict between the main characters would
Gerrie
Feb 23, 2014 Gerrie marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
For the time being I am giving this book a DNF. I simply could not get past the heroine. She acted like a feral animal, with no care or concern for the people she injured and killed. Yes, killed. Further, to get out of a marriage with the hero, she decided to marry a man (whom she'd previously rejected) because she thought she could manage him far more easily. And then kill him. It was just too over the top for me, and after about of the way through, I couldn't force myself to go on. So, I will ...more
♥ Vonda M. Reid ♥
Overall Rating: 3.85 // Action: 3.75 / Emotion: 4 / Romance: 4.5 / Sensuous: 2 / Intrigue: 3 / Medieval Flavor: 5 / Humor: 8 / Tears: 0

Spring's Fury , Denise Domning's third book in her five-book series, The Graistan Chronicles, is another adventure in true medieval-flavored reading. Although the book can easily be read as a stand-alone book, Spring's Fury features a hero and heroine that were introduced in book one of the series, Winter's Heat . Would recommend reading at least the first bo
Ana T.
As you can see I couldn't resist this one either...

Nicola of Ashby, unusually tall and strong for a woman, was allowed by her father to train with a sword. Not that John of Ashby ever intended to make his daughter into a woman-warrior. For him it was a way to coddle a beloved child. For Nicola it was the means by which she intends to take and hold her home as its lord. But all her training and skill doesn't help her when her father falls beneath the blade of Gilliam FitzHenry. Instead, she watch
Elis Madison

In the first book in this series, Winter's Heat, Nicola of Ashby saw her father killed by Gillam FitzHenry, who also fired her father's village and killed many of her friends. Against her will, she's been taken into the "guardianship" of Gillam's brother, Rannulf of Graistan, and she's been literally locked in the store room at the Graistan keep for five months. Now, Rannulf intends to give Ashby to Gillam—since Nicola is her father's heiress, this means Rannulf expects her to marry her father's
Suz
Series is still pretty solid, and I like this one just about as much as I did the first (so definitely better than the second)

I still prefer the sex scenes way steamier, but hey, take what you can get. I liked the relationship between the two main characters better than the last book by quite a bit. I do like that this book was more focused on the day to day medieval manor life than the actual conflict with the baddy.

It would be best to read the first book in the series (Winter's Heat will give
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
CNickerson
Unconventional medieval heroine meets her match

I enjoy this author's books so much that I don't wAnt them to end. The characters are complex with the strength s and weaknesses that make us human. The physical discomfort, the horror of warfare and loss feels authentic. This is no fairy tale, but a realistic tale in spite of the heroine's swordplay.
Nicole
This book made the entire series for me and I haven't even finished it yet. Gilliam is hilarious and Nicola is such a badass! Seriously -- I wish every woman in the medieval romantic genre was like her. She's headstrong and can kick ass like nobody's business. She and Gilliam have excellent chemistry and this third book in the series is a real page turner.
Jenna
A traitor had no right to an honorable demise.
"John of Ashby"

When John of Ashby was urged to his young wife to attacked Rannulf his liege lord. As a retribution Ashby Hall fell from Runnulf's younger brother (Knight) Gilliam FitzHenry of Graistan. Runnulf advises Gilliam to take the fief of Ashby Hall, but has to marry his vassal's daughter Nicole.

Gilliam FitzHenry retaining the Ashby Hall for good, and start rebuilding the damage property during their conflict. He was also willing to marry Nico
Shellie Nicholson
This was my favorite out of the series. Again, I don't care for sexual content and skip over the scenes that include it. I loved the female heroine and it was easy to connect with her. The hero is also very likable, and you really get to know him as well. I enjoyed the story, and it was very well written.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fourth book in the Graistan Chronicles by Denise Domning. Nicola of Ashby, introduced in book one of the series, has been a prisoner for 5 months and now must marry Gilliam, also from book one. Nicola refuses because Gilliam killed her father. Gilliam is determined to have Ashby even though Lord Graistan has offered him other properties worth much more and in better shape. But Gilliam wants Ashby.

I had a really hard time liking Nicola. She was a spoiled brat and irritating. Gilliam deserved
Daisey
Third in the Graistan Chronicles series. This one follows the youngest Fitzhenry brother, Gilliam and Nicola of Ashby. I think Gilliam is my favorite of the brothers but, I have to say Nicola is not my favorite heroine. She's annoyingly hard headed and it gets tiresome very quickly. But, aside from that I enjoyed this book very much. Once Nicola stops being an absolute snot the story gets more interesting. The villain is predictable and a little weak but, the conflict works and the conclusion is ...more
Teresa
Liked it very much. Blond hero (always an excellent choice in my book), and he’s a good one, too. The heroine got a little bit on my nerves from time to time…it could get annoying how less she could come to terms with what Gilliam did when her father was hardly an innocent and she was already falling in love- but in the end, I could connect to her emotional anguish.
Otherwise, very enjoyable, sex scenes were few, but very steamy for the genre. You can express the Rrrrrrrrrr-factor without too man
Frankiejohnny
loved this series!!! It is set in the late 1100's. There are steamy love scenes, but not vulgar. It is also full of wonderful historical facts that are written in an entertaining way, so they don't bore you like a history lesson. The Author even shares her motivation/inspiration for the stories at the end of each book and I just loved that! I highly recommend all 5 books as stand-alone, or as a series! You will totally fall in love with the FitzHenry brothers!!

Spring's Fury: Nicola has sworn to
Petula
5***** This book was even more fun than the two before it in the series. I think you should at least read book one before this or you might not understand Gillam. He is the youngest son of four and carries some heavy guilt over a youthful folly. Nicola has been raised as the son her father never had. When he is killed she believes she can take control. Only to learn the hard way that because she is a woman she has no control over even her own body. She is to be forced into marriage to the man wh ...more
Beth Hopkins
I liked this one better than the second however I did see it coming. I was a bit dissapointed that the heroin gave in easier than I would have wanted but still... the history and the detail made it enjoyable. I did skip over some of the sex scenes... they become a bit redundant at times.
Traci
For half of this book I couldn't STAND Nicola. We get it: you want to avenge your father's death. Stop beating the dead horse and MOVE ON ALREADY because you know the truth. And, as always, she doesn't know or think she could be the least bit attractive to anyone. After the half way point once she and Gilliam realize they are meant for each other and Nicola's... "needs" are satisfied, she's a completely different, and tolerable, character. As always, Domning does an excellent job with the settin ...more
Emily
So boring! I skipped some parts that were kind of trashy. The cover on the kindle version is much less trashy looking. The story dragged.
Samantha
Nicola of Ashby is proud and independent. She feels she doesn't need a man to rule her life, yet finds herself forced into a marriage with Gilliam FitzHenry.

Gilliam FitzHenry needs Ashby. He also needs this fierce and fiery woman as she can help him win over the people of her war-torn land.

So begins a battle of wits, treachery and tragedy, which will ultimately bring them together to fight for each other.

I couldn't put this down! It was as good as Winter's Heat, with strong characters and a go
Julie
firsg read nearly 20 years ago and fell in love with her books especislly this one a wonderful read
Highland-dreamer
Emma
Another freebie novel on my Kindle. The book started slowly but by the end of Chapter 3 it really picked up pace and I found myself really enjoying it. Set in the Medieval Era, the main characters were likeable and the storyline was well thought out. I like the idea of a strong and independant heroine. Shall be keeping an eye out for other books by this author.
Jody
This is book 3 in the Graistan Chronicles series. I will have to check out the other 3 books. This story takes place in 1194 in medieval England. Nicola of Ashley has just seen her father killed by Gilliam Fitzhenry. She vows to never marry Gilliam, as he will become the new ruler of Ashby. It is a quick and pleasant story of this era.
Larry
Accidently read this one out of line, it's number three. Once again, enjoyed the picture of life in England as it became the 1200's. Any confusion in starting the book was my fault. One problem I"m having with Domning's books are finding a place I can put it down for the evening.
Danielle Lisle
There was much I enjoyed about this story, but sadly that was overshadowed by what I disliked about it.
There was a large amount of moments in the story where I had to pause and go '.... Huh?' These moments did not fit in with the story or where not believable ( to me at least).
Michelle
Michele
The hero and heroine of this novel in the series reflect their youth. They develop appreciably during the course of the story. The setting is intriguing in that the 'estate' is a fortified manor rather than a castle. This makes the story more interesting. A lot of fun as a read.
Jl
This is the most funny one. The character here Gilliam the youngest FizHenry brother is very sympathetic.
This is about the enconter with Nicola who hates him but who will be obliged to marry him, and here you have their story.
Enjoy, it's very entertaining.
  • A Winter Ballad
  • My Lady's Treasure
  • Warrior's Lady (Stones of Destiny, #3)
  • The White Lord Of Wellesbourne
  • Conquering Passion
  • Siren Song (Siren Song, #1)
  • Spanish Serenade
  • Through a Dark Mist (Robin Hood, #1)
  • Another Dawn
  • The Beauty Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie, #1)
  • Unwanted (The MacLauchlans, #3)
  • Captured
  • The Loyal Heart
Today, Season of the Raven, A Servant of the Crown Mystery, was published on Kindle. It's my first ever mystery, set in my favorite period and place in time, 12th Century England. However my sleuth, Sir Faucon de Ramis, is no ordinary knight. For those of you who have read my Seasons Series, you'll be meeting some old friends in the upcoming books. You see, Faucon (Pery to his family) is the cousi ...more
More about Denise Domning...

The Graistan Chronicles (5 books)
  • Winter's Heat (The Graistan Chronicles, #1)
  • Summer's Storm (The Graistan Chronicles, #2)
  • Autumn's Flame (The Graistan Chronicles, #4)
  • A Love for all Seasons (The Graistan Chronicles, #5)
Winter's Heat (The Graistan Chronicles, #1) The Warrior's Wife Summer's Storm (The Graistan Chronicles, #2) Autumn's Flame (The Graistan Chronicles, #4) The Warrior's Maiden