Start by marking “The Horror at Camp Jellyjam (Classic Goosebumps #9)” as Want to Read:
The Horror at Camp Jellyjam (Classic Goosebumps #9)

The Horror at Camp Jellyjam (Goosebumps #33)

3.52  ·  Rating Details ·  5,084 Ratings  ·  160 Reviews
Discover the bone-chilling adventures that made Goosebumps one of the bestselling children's book series of all time. Now with all-new bonus materials! Camp Jellyjam is no ordinary sports camp. The counselors seem a little TOO happy. And why are they so obsessed with winning? It might have something to do with the hideous, slimy discovery lurking in the darkness.... It's o ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Horror at Camp Jellyjam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Horror at Camp Jellyjam

Carmen
Feb 28, 2015 Carmen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
"And what about Mom and Dad?" I demanded. "They couldn't have driven very far before they realized the trailer had come loose. Why haven't they found us? Why hasn't the camp found them?"

Elliot shrugged. "Beats me," he replied casually. He dodged past me and started to the door. "Wendy, you're just unhappy because you stink at sports. But I'm having a great time here. Don't mess it up for me - okay?"

R.L. Stine must have been on some serious substances in 1995 because this book is flippin' insane.
Salymar
Nov 10, 2012 Salymar rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1999-2007-read
I am never really a fan of summer camp books and most importantly I don't dig stories with kids disobeying their parents. Well I guess that's the moral of the story...DO NOT DISOBEY YOUR PARENTS.
As far as I can remember, this book was still fun and silly, but not as good as the other Goosebumps book series.
The monster was kind of stupid, but the brainwashed campers were completely creepy!

Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, I would get invovled in fights in the library over who got to che
David Santos
Oct 21, 2011 David Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
For some odd reason I really like the camp books. Here you have wo kids who get detached from their parents (literally)The end up at a fun little sports camp. Right away I knew it was fiction when all the kids obeyed the camp rules! Anyways It was written in female first person and was done well. I was entertained from the start to the end. The ending was strange and kinda gross. On a side note the description on some sites is really off base (no pun intended) and is exactly why I don't read the ...more
3Marcus6799
Aug 31, 2011 3Marcus6799 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG! Flat out OMG! I cannot beleive this book! It was CRAZY completely CRAZY! King Jellyjam. A KING MADE OUT OF STANKY JELLY! HOW does he come up with this stuff?!!? I don't know but this book was incredible. Completely incredible.YOU HAVE TO READ THIS FREAKING BOOK!I don't care what you ave to READ this!!
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Κάπως αφελές για τα δικά μου γούστα, αν και λόγω κατασκήνωσης κερδίζει κάποιους πόντους, αφού με ταξιδεύει σε ωραίες, περασμένες εποχές, όπου σε κάποια κατασκήνωση διηγούμασταν τρομακτικές ιστορίες που τρέμαμε μην τυχόν και βγουν αληθινές. Οπότε, εγκεφαλικά και μόνο, νομίζω πως πετυχαίνει σε μεγάλο βαθμό το σκοπό της, που δεν είναι άλλος από το να μας τσιτώσει τα νεύρα.
Andrew
Apr 24, 2013 Andrew rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Danny
Dec 01, 2010 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Aurora Dimitre
This, right after the book I said I wouldn't name in this review, is one of the Goosebumps books I remember the most fondly from my childhood. I don't know what it was - that cheerful (er) counselor on the front, or maybe the main character's little brother, who I always liked, or maybe just the whole idea, but Jellyjam was always one of my favorites.

This book follows a girl and her younger brother on vacation. They're bored. They don't want to be in the car for hours at a time (hey, that's how
Raye
Oct 16, 2011 Raye rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Goosebumps. The Horror at Camp Jellyjam was my favorite. One summer my friends and I made our own King Jellyjam’s Sports Camp. We would spend all day playing sports and trying our hardest to win. Only The Best. We even made King coins.

I was super excited to re-read this one again as an adult. I probably shouldn’t have done it. It was a fun read but it just wasn’t the same as when I was a kid. I think that is why I’m only giving it three stars. There was noth
Hiromi Aoki
Aug 10, 2014 Hiromi Aoki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE HORROR AT CAMP written by R.L.Stine is a horror story which happens to two little kids.

On the way to the family trip, two children who are Wendy and her younger brother Elliot got lost.
The trailer two kids were riding on rolled downhill without their children.
When Wendy opens the door, there was someone looked weird. This man was waiting for them with grinning smile...

The main character,Wendy, is a very careful girl. Buddy who is the owner of a horror camp always tempt them with funny eve
Tracey
The way the monster was killed was stupid but I liked the relationship between the brother and sister. They weren't psychopaths towards each other.
Reisa Dragunov
Nov 19, 2014 Reisa Dragunov rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr
One of my favorites. :)
Justin Padilla
Wendy and her younger brother Elliot are on a road trip with their parents, which Elliot and Wendy hates because they wanted to go to summer camp. The Wyoming countryside does very little to excite the two kids, so Wendy suggests that maybe she and Elliot could ride in the trailer hitched behind their car. Once inside the trailer, the two kids merrily pass the time as the trailer accelerates down the highway. When the ride gets a little bumpy, the kids assume their mother is driving, but the tra ...more
Isabel Orama
Oct 02, 2012 Isabel Orama rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book that I read today was about a brother and sister named Wendy and Elliot. One day, their parents and them where going on a road trip for vacation. Elliot gets bored in the car, so he asks his dad if Wendy and himself can go in the trailer that the car pulls. Their mom thought it was dangerous, but their dad let them go anyway. As they where in the trailer, the car went up a steep hill and the trailer got loose. The trailer went down the hill until it came to a sudden stop. A strange smil ...more
Connie
This book was one of my childhood favourites! It was one of the first Goosebumps books I ever read and it was so enjoyable to re-read it!

This story follows Wendy and Elliot who start the book in the back of their parent's car bored senseless. After convincing their parents to let them sit in the caravan they're hitching, they start to realise they are moving backwards! To their horror they became unhinged. They roll down a hill and into camp Jellyjam, a sports camp with the slogan 'Only the Best
Ruby
Jun 09, 2012 Ruby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has everything that will keep a young reader entertained…excitement, intrigue, mystery, terror, and of course grossness! I think that R.L. Stine is one of the best “horror” writers for children because he finds a way to empower the young characters of his books to find their own solutions to their problems. Problem-solving is definitely a necessity in the world, and I love how Stine can empower children to solve problems and think for themselves in a manner that appeals to them. True, ...more
Sean Morrow
Dec 05, 2011 Sean Morrow rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The first 'idol' of mine I ever met was R.L. Stine. I met him at a book signing in my childhood. I had a meringue after, and learned that I don't like meringue. But I liked Goosebumps. Now I don't like Goosebumps.

I read this expecting to enter a euphoric state of nostalgic bliss, and was sorely disappointed. The story is just awful, Stine throws a twist in the end that has no basis in the rest of the story, it just kind of happens completely randomly. The earthquakes that shake Camp JellyJam are
Ashley
*Since this book only took a mere hour to read, I will not be doing my Pre-Reading, Just Startin' Out, Mid-way, etc. Probably this should be expected for all children's books, for future reference.
I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped I would be with my first Goosebumps of the millennium. Considering I hadn't read one in nearly two decades, I thought I'd give Horrors at Camp Jellyjam a try. It wasn't one of those that I'd read earlier and looked fairly interesting.
I have to admit, I was surprised
Emma
Jan 31, 2013 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is more of an overall review of the series, really. When I was a kid, I used to devour these books, but sadly I'd recently somehow managed to forget all about them. I was reminded, however, when I rediscovered this awesome blog: http://www.bloggerbeware.com. These books are a mixture of varying degrees of terrible and amazing - at the same time. I honestly find it really hard to rate them, seeing as they're such a major part of my reading foundation. 11 year-old me would probably have given ...more
Sami C
This is the first Goosebumps I read in over 10 years, and I am reminded of how one-dimensional the characters and how cringe-worthy the dialogues are.

Wendy and Elliot talk their parents into letting them ride in the trailer during a ride to camp, and somehow the trailer becomes unhitched. They roll down a hill and land by Camp Jellyjam where instead of being panicked and checking for injuries or trauma and making sure to contact their parents and the authorities, the kids immediately join sports
Iris Gamino
Mar 22, 2010 Iris Gamino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
Brandyn
Dec 29, 2014 Brandyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bryan
Glenn
Oct 03, 2013 Glenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

I would've given this 4 stars. Only if the story was more solid. I still don't understand how their parents didn't realise the trailer had fallen off the back of the car and how. But I think the monster is inspired and kids will find it great. The story had some funny moments and it was pretty interesting. On a side note, the cover is one of the best and funniest in the series.

Read from October 8, 2013 - October 8, 2013
Maisey Clark
Jan 11, 2016 Maisey Clark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked The Horror At Camp Jellyjam because it has lots of suspense and lots of parts where there's mystery in it. I really like it. The beginning of the book is good. The middle of the book is great. And the end of the book was the best! (Terrific) It's about a tie of a book between this very book and The Cuckoo Clock Of Doom. If you like Goosebumps, get this book.
Eric Summers
Another book in the colossal Goosebumps series. This book won't win any awards or change any lives, but if your kids enjoy books about scary people, monsters, and/or aliens, the Goosebumps series is a good way to sate their hunger.
Andrew Ball
Sep 29, 2014 Andrew Ball rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the more unsettling books by R.L. Stine. The actual horror is less than the pervasive sense of unease that still sticks with me years afterward. I read it so many times the binding started falling off.
Molly
The entire series is corny, silly, far from scary, and bordering on stupid. But it's ADDICTIVE. It's a genuinely amusing series. Good for kicking back and relaxing.
Abbie
Mar 02, 2014 Abbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-reads, horror
If this were real it would be really scary. *shivers at the idea*
Randy Patton
This was a fun Goosebumps book. In a way it's plot is reflected in many modern horror movies and tv shows.
Kenneth Marquez
Nov 05, 2015 Kenneth Marquez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I will recommend this book to everyone who likes goosebumps.It is really good book to read because they used senses and every detail.
  • The Diversion (Animorphs, #49)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)