Start by marking “Elemental (Soul Guardians, #2)” as Want to Read:
Elemental (Soul Guardians, #2)

Elemental (Soul Guardians #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,053 ratings  ·  47 reviews
"This book is a definite page turner, loved it from the beginning to the end. 5 stars."
-- Sylvia H. for Readers Favorite Book Reviews and Awards Contest

From award-winning author Kim Richardson comes this second installment in the best-selling Soul Guardians series.

When seventeen-year-old Kara Nightingale is suddenly struck by lightning and dies—yet again—she finds herse
Published August 21st 2011 by Kim Richardson

To ask other readers questions about Elemental, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elemental

Entwined by Heather DixonEragon by Christopher PaoliniEvermore by Alyson NoelExtras by Scott WesterfeldEclipse by Stephenie Meyer
YA Books That Start With the Letter E
12th out of 138 books — 26 voters
Pure by Jennifer L. ArmentroutHalf-Blood by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOf Poseidon by Anna BanksSilence by Becca FitzpatrickStarcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Breathtaking Book Covers
109th out of 203 books — 198 voters

More lists with this book...

Jayde Scott
After reading and enjoying Marked, the first book in the Soul Guardians series, I naturally had to pick up Elemental. The story continues where Marked left off: Kara has died in an unexpected accident and has found herself in Heaven where she joins the huge legions of angels that are soul savers. Her job is to save souls from the demons who try to destroy them. What Kara didn't know in the first book is that she was marked and that the demons where after her in the first place. After proving tha ...more
Danielle
I read and adored, MARKED. I couldn't wait for the sequel. ELEMENTAL - doesn't disappoint. I LOVED this book. It was beautifully written, with plot twists and turns, and the perfect amount of romance. I recommend this book to anyone who is tired of the same old paranormal/fantasy book. This book has it all.

This must be the most original series I have read in a long time. ELEMENTAL is even better than the first book. Kara dies again at the beginning--and the action takes off. The story follows h
Raggedyann
Marked (Soul Guardians #1)Marked by Kim Richardson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed the book. I couldn't give 5 stars because of the many errore on the book. A few may have been sloppy spell-checking. However, awkward sentence structure and punctuation were also issues. Every sentence shouldn't end with a question mark. With the author's background, I was very surprised at the punctuation errors.

Nero Shan
Amazing! Another great installment in the Soul Guardians series. I loved this book. It was better than the first. It drew me right into the world of guardian Angels and Demons, and into the lives of the characters (Kara and David). This book is a definite page turner. I would recommend this book (and series) to anyone who enjoys reading Fantasy/Paranormal novels that include elements of the supernatural. Elemental leaves you wanting more! I can't wait for the next book in this fabulous series.
Gerald Black
Horrible grammar and spelling abound, but the idea is good.
Jamie
Heaven isn't just sunshine, rainbows and butterflies!? In Kim Richardson's second book in the Soul Guardian Series, "Elemental", you get a a taste of the nitty-gritty side to Heaven...

Kara Nightingale is back, and she learns that no matter how special you might be...there are rules to follow. Even in heaven. But what happens when those rules are broken? In her quest to save her mother's soul, Kara finds out just what happens to Angels who break the laws, and comes face to face with true evil. Sh
Carys
After reading the first book Marked I was hooked into this story and I think that Elemental was much more interesting book to read as I got to know the various characters even more and discover new ones. this story is really interesting and i became easily hooked into it as I think that the main characters had a bigger role to play as well as the demons. At first i thought i could guess what would happen at the end on the book from reading the first few chapters at the beginning but i was comple ...more
Bethany Compton
I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars, not because I didn't like it, but because of the awful ending. I absolutely hate cliffhangers. This book just stops in the middle of something happening(I wont say what because I don't want to be a spoiler) and its just like for real? What happens? So you HAVE to buy the next book to find out what happens in a scene that should have been finished in this book. The grammar still needs work. But overall I loved it a lot.
Detroitangel
3 STARS. Kara is brought back to Horizon to help with the work overload since the mysterious disappearance of thousands of GAs has begun. She gets a lofty promotion, but that does't last long when the angels find out who her Father really is. Kara is prosecuted without trial, sent to prison, and unable to save her Mom's soul, which is being held by the demon Lord. The end doesn't look shiny and happy for our dear Kara.
Candace
UGH! Zedeblablabla.... GRRR! Such a jerk! There's something up with him! O_o So weird!
OMG! ^_^ David, you're just making me love you more lol. He's a little too foolish, but I still love that he's carefree and sarcastic =)
Kara, I know you're a cool girl, I love that, but seriously THINK THINGS THROUGH please!!!!
DYING to get into the next book! ^-^ Hopefully the website I'm using stops acting up :/
Lois Diana
Kara was able to save her mothers soul, but in doing so she learned a horrible secret about her family one she would have rather not known. But now that she does know she still doesn't believe it. Now the council doesn't believe her and her only friends are David, Jenny, and Peter. Kara is still struggling to find out who her true friends are besides David, Jenny, and Peter.
ForeverLookingForward
CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!

(I am speaking my mind so if none of this makes sense it because of too much feels)

I swear the archangel at the end is like part evil or something! I can't believe they didn't trust her I mean being a bit biest because of Asmaodeus much. She had proven that she was good in the last book then they go and judge her on her past that she knew nothing of!
Lisa
Another really good book. I totally stumbled on this series by accident and am really enjoying it. I am a little annoyed with the archangels and their stubbornness but i am hoping the next one they shape up.
Sarah Richards
I had sixty pages left in this book when I went to bed. After an hour and a half, my husband asks me if I have finished, if he could turn off the light. I had to sheepishly admit to being fifty pages into Horizon, the sequel to Elemental. Oh, I love my Nook. When I finish one book I have the next one at my finger tips!
Aaron Sta.clara
This is a great installment of Marked!Kim Richardson deserves to be acknowledged worldwide for her amazing and electrifying Soul Guardian series.The story is beautifully-written,as if you're just watching a movie.I salute you Ma'am! :)
From:Philippines. :)
Jessica Ashe
Another great read by Kim Richardson! My only qualm with this series is her use of the word "screwed". In my Opinion, the Word is overused, but other than that small minor Detail, it is one of my favorite YA series! The end really leaves you hanging. I can't wait to start the next book!
Kelly
Liked it. On to book 3. Easy reads. Worth every penny I paid for them..... Not looking for intensive intellectually challenging stuff and just like a cool story with some twists and a clean plot with little to no bad language..... Good series. Will recommend to my students.
Anita
Love the continued story of Kara Nightingale! Very interesting that Kara is something totally different than the Angels expected! Loved the switch up and loved how the unexpected continues to save the day! Can't wait for the next one!
Chris
This story is great. Kara has to fight demons with a sword and she finds out who her real friends are.
Friends don't leave you when things get tough.
I have already stared the next book. Horizon.
Can't wait to find out what happens.

Lara
I really loved how she combined the romance with the action. Was filled with suspense that kept me thinking and had alot of valid points that made me compare about chrisianity and how it would be like in heaven.
Lodyram
It was fast to read an enjoyable. It has accion and Kara developed very well. the new characters are fun to read and the story was well written. The end was amazing and I can not wait to read the next book
Molly Roberts
i read the first book marked and i imediatly feel in love with kim's work and have red this book and coud not resised getting the rest of the series and i am now reading the 3d book
Kelly
The 2nd book in the series and I still want more! This one ends leaving you hanging. I can't wait to download the next one! I have flown through these books, but I am enjoying them so much!
Rose
Much better developed than Marked. The story telling enveloped the general idea of the book, and held my interest a lot better than book one. Let's see how Horizon fairs.
Emily
It is official now.. I am probably never going to love these books, but I do like them. They are worth reading for me, something about them keeps me coming back.
Jisha Mishra
same as it's prequel: nice read....... 2 and a half ***s to be fair, but rating it a 2 seemed downright mean and m not in that mood now :D
Kelly Ferrell
Great number two book. It's an easy read and I enjoy the characters. Looking forwards to reading her next book.
Deanna
An unexpected entertaining fantasy series! Waiting for the third book now. There are a lot of typos though....
Marci

Really enjoying this series of books and can't wait to start on the third, Horizon!!
  • Broken Wings (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #2)
  • Roots and Wings (The Gifted Teens, #2)
  • Charade (Heven and Hell, #2)
  • Libera Me (Requiem, #2)
  • Second Sight (Sojourner, #3)
  • Out in Blue (Return to Sanctuary, #1)
  • Nephilim (Academy of the Fallen, #2)
  • Angel Mark (Beautiful Beings, #4)
  • Divine Uprising (Divine Uprising, #1)
  • Cataclysm (The Watchers, #3)
  • The Innocence of White: Gabi & Jack’s Story (Vamp Chronicles, #3.5)
  • No Mercy (Cambion, #2.5)
  • Beloved Purgatory (Fallen Angels, #2)
  • Air (Elemental, #2)
  • Demon Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #2)
  • For One Last Kiss (A Grim Reaper Romance, #0.5)
2053448
Kim Richardson is the author of the best-selling series, Soul Guardians. Born in Northern Quebec, Canada, she later studied in the field of 3D Animation, and became an Animation Supervisor for a VFX company. For many years she worked on big Hollywood films and stayed in the field of animation for 14 years. Since then, she has retired from the VFX world and settled in the country where she writes f ...more
More about Kim Richardson...
Marked (Soul Guardians, #1) Horizon (Soul Guardians, Book 3) Netherworld (Soul Guardians, Book 4) Seirs (Soul Guardians, Book 5) Mortal (Soul Guardians, Book 6)