Start by marking “The Mask of Destiny (Billionaire, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mask of Destiny (Billionaire, #3)

The Mask of Destiny (Billionaire #3)

The police have finally caught the evil murderer Sir Mason Green. The third casket and whatever treasure it contains can remain a secret just as the Fraternity wished. Gerald can relax and enjoy his billions.

Or can he?

At his trial, Green drops dead in the dock. Forensics show he was poisoned by a dart—and Gerald's DNA is on the blowgun.

Then a mysterious cat woman steals
Published October 3rd 2011 by Text Publishing Company (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Mask of Destiny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mask of Destiny

Georgia
Nov 18, 2011 Georgia rated it it was amazing
This book is so excellent!
It is a must-read!!! It contains advebture, murder and a little bit of love!!
It's the best book out of all of them!
Cyann Halley
Jun 10, 2016 Cyann Halley rated it really liked it
The Mask of Destiny
By Richard Newsome.

Like Flowers in Spring.
I would say when the author wrote this book he stood true in building characters that were equivalent to both their personalities and action. Take Gerald for instance. He was a normal teenager who was living a normal life until he found out his grandmother had died and left billions and a secret family legacy to protect. He moved from worrying about his homework to worrying about his life. Although he was forced to grow up quickly, an
Rochelle
Sep 15, 2015 Rochelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
*First posted to my blog https://rlsharpe.wordpress.com/

The Mask of Destiny is the third book in The Billionaire Series. We rejoin Gerald and his two closet friends, twins Ruby and Sam, on another adventure as they seek to unlock Gerald’s family secret. We have been to London with Gerald and his friends, we’ve been to India, and this time we are taken to France, Rome and Greece! This is an aspect that I really love about this series. I feel like I’ve gone on a world tour in the comfort of my fav
Emma Woudt
Mar 26, 2013 Emma Woudt rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
A fantastic book. I highly recommend this series! :)

There is a new book coming out that I cannot wait for!
Sabrina
Nov 02, 2012 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
I love this series I recommend it. This one is my fave of all of them
Katrine
Last one! I love the Archer Trilogy! It all ends.
Melianne
Dec 13, 2016 Melianne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! Not only do you pick up a few educational things here and there, I loved the characters, they were ALL funny and cool and smart. When bad things happened it wasn't because of a brain dead mistake, sweet action and a bit of mystery like the others. And I'm totally cool with how it ended! I'm gonna miss this series!!
Elizabeth
This was a lot better than the first one and seemed to move at a faster pace for me. I still had a hard time getting into the characters though. I think the grumpy Mr. Fry was my favorite character and he was hardly even in this one.
Linda
Sep 10, 2013 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the final book in the Archer Legacy trilogy and I'm so very sad to have this wonderful adventure and mystery series end. It started with "The Billionaire's Curse" when normal 13 year-old Gerald Wilkins inherited his great aunt's fortune- and all her enemies, continued on through "The Emerald Casket" with Gerald and his friends in India trying to solve the riddle of his family's secret, and ends with "The Mask of Destiny".

Gerald's arch enemy throughout the series, Mason Green, has been ca
Angie
Mar 16, 2013 Angie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An end to the grand adventure.

Pros:
VISUAL MOVIE MAKING. There are some great action scenes and setting in here!

Cons:
Timing. Sort of felt like the end just ... came out of nowhere and it was done.

Though this could also be a testament to finding a book at the right time. Started reading this one before my appendicitis. Then trying to get some time to read as I was recovering (the medicine made me feel quite sick, then I was just trying to catch up at work) ... I tend to enjoy books more when I c
StorySnoops
Jan 28, 2013 StorySnoops rated it really liked it
The Mask of Destiny is the over-the-top smart and action-packed conclusion to The Archer Legacy trilogy. Readers who enjoyed the first two books will be thrilled to finally resolve the mysteries, and have all of their lingering questions answered. This exciting story reads like a young teen version of the movies National Treasure or Indiana Jones--the European locales are exotic and the clues are cryptic, all leading to the big final reveal of the true nature of the Archer family legacy that Ger ...more
Alex
Sep 23, 2015 Alex rated it it was amazing
so much heroic action and stuff.... the twist though is real at the end... or is it?
This book, following on to the other two Billionaire books before it (read them.), continues the story of Gerald, Ruby and Sam. They find themselves in France, and are lead on a treasure hunt through the entire world.
This is a good read for all ages starting at about 9, and i would give it 5/5 for ingenuity. And the twist... or is there one?
Andrea
Oct 16, 2012 Andrea rated it liked it
Newsome still does a great job of believable action and character building while maintaining an creative imaginative story line. In the third one he ramps up the growing relationship between Gerald and Ruby, although Gerald seems a bit dense about it. The trio learn a great deal and meet some new friends and some enemies while on their latest hunt. These are great action adventure fun reads Along the lines of Dan Gutman's "Genius Files" and "39 Clues".
Amanda
The ending seemed a bit rushed otherwise would have given 5 stars. LOVE this series. Very imaginative take on history. Sam seems a bit more stupid in this book, though he does manage to every once in a while pull something brilliant out of thin air. Wonder how far the will they/won't they start to have feelings for each other last between Ruby and Gerald?
Brett
The final book in the trilogy focused around unassuming billionaire Gerald comes to a rousing conclusion, with more crazy plot twists, more fantastic world travel, & more danger - as well as some historically interesting stuff that might just get kids excited about reading further on Ancient Greece. This would be a great series to recommend to fans of "The Thirty-Nine Clues" or "Conspiracy 365".
218joey
Jun 21, 2013 218joey rated it it was amazing
This is a VERY good book, not scary like something's (a.k.a half human WOLVES, I'm still haunted). It is a good sense of humour and some of the characters are very convincingly evil...or not. Not too many murder and blood I guess, it is one of my favourite books! I wish to have the whole collection.
Susie
Sep 06, 2012 Susie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series has been excellent. I think I enjoyed reading it almost as much as my daughter! Love that the Ruby character is such a strong role model, but not in a boring way. Boys or girls who love a good adventure mystery with a fair dollop of humour, and who want more than the dumbed down Wimpy style books, will love this series. Can't wait to read the new one, Crystal Code.
Catherine
What an action-packed book! It kept moving from start to finish - even the characters only had short breathing spaces. Nice twist in the end too, which I won't reveal here because then it would ruin the story for all those other fans out there.
Well done Mr Newsome - you did it again! Now I have to read book 4 to figure out why there's a fourth book in a trilogy!
Nate
Sep 06, 2016 Nate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
A satifsfying but not very mindblowing conclusion. An overall blah series
Kate
Jun 08, 2012 Kate rated it really liked it
if my son would take a recommendation from me, I'd offer this series... the archer legacy is fast paced and easy to read. only negative is that Newsome doesn't provide enough clues to figure out the mystery, you just have to experience it.
Sabine22
Sep 01, 2016 Sabine22 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book kept me on my toes the whole time. All the twists and turns in it kept me flipping the pages franticly to get to the next page. :) It was so convincing at the end with Sam & Ruby, I nearly fell for it!
I'd give it a double thumbs-up!
Susan Lepore
Oct 10, 2012 Susan Lepore rated it liked it
Light, quick and fun. Give it to adventure lovers - maybe even young Percy Jackson fans - not as intense, but some mythology.
Hilary Thomas
Hilary Thomas rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Malcolm
Malcolm rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2015
Bhavya (Bhavster)
Bhavya (Bhavster) rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Christine Ditzel
Christine Ditzel rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2013
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
Shruthi
Shruthi rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Magician's Tower (Oona Crate Mystery, #2)
  • 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕 (後) (Haruhi Suzumiya, #11)
  • Quest for the Secret Keeper (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #3)
  • The Kindling (Middle School Magic #1)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 7: Side Colors
  • Castle of Shadows (Castle of Shadows, #1)
  • Joshua Dread (Joshua Dread #1)
  • The Power (The Magnificent 12, #4)
  • The Secret History of Tom Trueheart (Tom Trueheart, #1)
  • Rescuing Seneca Crane (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #2)
  • Time's Daughter
  • The Voyage of Lucy P. Simmons
Richard Newsome lives in Australia and has worked as a journalist for daily newspapers, radio and TV; as a consultant with one of the world’s foremost strategy consultancies; and as communications director of a multinational media company. Richard’s debut novel, The Billionaire’s Curse, won the inaugural Text Prize for Children’s and Young Adult writing, as well as the Esther Glen medal, New Zeala ...more
More about Richard Newsome...

Billionaire (6 books)
  • The Billionaire's Curse (Billionaire, #1)
  • The Emerald Casket (Billionaire, #2)
  • The Crystal Code (Billionaire, #4)
  • The House of Puzzles (Billionaire, #5)
  • The Curiosity Machine (Billionaire, #6)