Start by marking “Creative Weaving: Beautiful Fabrics with a Simple Loom” as Want to Read:
Creative Weaving: Beautiful Fabrics with a Simple Loom

Creative Weaving: Beautiful Fabrics with a Simple Loom

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The timeless craft of weaving is experiencing a resurgence of interest—and this colorful guide, featuring 30 spectacular fabric designs, shows just how easy it is to learn and how enjoyable it can be to do. Follow a thorough tutorial in the basics, complete with beautiful hand-drawn illustrations that lay out how to work with a table loom. Then try a variety of weaving sty ...more
Published January 1st 2008 by Lark Books (first published July 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Creative Weaving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creative Weaving

Lobug
The patterns are very simple and basic- just runners and such, but quite lovely. The best part of the book, though, is the clear, step-by-step instructions on how to warp a rigid heddle loom and the basics of weaving. Since I am clueless, this is just the kind of book I was looking for.
Catherine Stickann
I really like the set up of this book. Good instruction in the first of the book and creative ideas in the main body of the book. I found the interesting use of color and texture inspiring. The one thing missing is pictures of the finished projects. This makes a huge difference in the way I rated the book. I would love to see the picture that are missing. The lack of pictures makes the reader feel as if they were cheated.

Sasha
The introductory chapters have value, but after that the "project" chapters are basically like "Red! Weave something in red! Red is great!" with pretty pictures and fancy names for the colors; each chapter is a different color. That's about it. Also annoying presentation--large and dramatic fonts on pictorial backgrounds so that the whole thing is very hard to actually read. A dud.
Kami
May 14, 2008 Kami rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: crafty
Beautiful pictures but I doubt I could learn to weave by reading a book. I would need to apprentice with an experienced weaver for a while.
Shelly
lovely pictures - inspiring rather than informative
Ginger
Ginger marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Ximena
Ximena marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Sarah added it
Jan 30, 2015
Mamat
Mamat marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Karon Thompson
Karon Thompson marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Ang
Ang marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Ethiopia - Culture Smart!: The essential guide to customs & culture Les images de l'alcool en France -1915/1942 A Year In The Life Of Westonbirt