Start by marking “Cherished (Mystic Wolves #1B)” as Want to Read:
Cherished (Mystic Wolves #1B)

Cherished (Mystic Wolves #1B)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  334 ratings  ·  39 reviews
This novella is no longer available. It is now part of the full-length novel "Mystic Wolves".

Can Darcy let go of the shame of failure consuming her or will Mason convince her that after all is said and done, she truly is...cherished?

For a moment, Darcy almost convinced herself the last twelve hours didn't happen. As image after image hits her, the sinking realization of al

Nook
Published August 27th 2011 by Moonstruck Media (first published August 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cherished, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherished

Moon Called by Patricia BriggsHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene FrostDark Lover by J.R. WardDarkfever by Karen Marie MoningOne Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
100 Books to Read in 2011
271st out of 602 books — 501 voters
Bloodlines by Richelle MeadOne Grave at a Time by Jeaniene FrostClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareThe Iron Knight by Julie KagawaLover Reborn by J.R. Ward
Paranormal Titles for 2nd Half of 2011!
192nd out of 266 books — 948 voters

More lists with this book...

Jodie (Books for Company)
In Short
- I really like Belinda's writing and how well it all flows
- Love how Belinda writes the human and wolf as two separate people
- The main male character, Mason, is a guy you will straight away fall for
- This book wasn't what I was expecting.
- There isn't much action but plenty of getting to know the characters more.
- It went in a direction that I wasn't expecting

In Long
Without Mercy, the first in this series, was a very short book at 24 pages but one that I quickly become engrossed in. B
Stephanie
Cherished . . what a word.
After reading this installment in the Mystic Wolves Series, I bet we will all be looking for a Mason for ourselves.
Crack open this book and discover what it's like to be loved, even when you feel like you don't deserve it. Feel what's like to feel like a failure, and be told you are anything but. For a moment, get lost in the words and be Darcy for just that moment when she realizes, that she is truly cherished.

Walk with Darcy and Mason as they find a way to work throug
Dianne
Once again Ms. Belinda delivers a wonderful story of two people in love. The strength of their love for each other flows out of the pages. While reading it, I started feeling everything. Another favorite author to add to my list. Thanks for the great read!
Wendy
Fantastic read. Great romance, that captured me from beginning till end and had me smiling throughout the book. This Aussie author has won a fan here.
Heather Book Savvy Babe
Cherished is book 2 in Belinda Boring's Mystic Wolves series. Each book in this series is a novella, a short story in a big picture, and I am loving the concept and the books. In book 1, Without Mercy, we met Darcy. Darcy was in a very dangerous situation that did not end very well. Book 2, Cherished picks up where book 1 left off and Darcy and her fiancé, the Alpha werewolf Mason, are dealing with the aftermath and the emotions from tragedy.

Cherished is much different from Without Mercy. Withou
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Cherished is an emotional rollercoaster as Darcy and Mason come to grips with the loss of a sister, the betrayal of a friend and find that together, they can face anything.

In Without Mercy where we were introduced to Darcy, a young woman and the intended werewolf mate of pack alpha Mason, whose simple trip to the convenient store with her future sister-in-law turns tragic. Cherished begins not even 24 hours later with Darcy hoping it was all just a frightening nightmare only to wake up and disco
Naomi
Cherished is the second book in the Mystic Wolves series by Belinda Boring. This book is its prequels complete opposite but is still just as breathtaking. The emotion, the love and most of all, the passion is what makes this novella mind blowing.

Darcy and Mason make the most amazing couple. Darcy is still taking in and processing the events from the previous day and Mason is trying to help her come to terms with it whilst dealing with his own issues. It is just amazing the way that Mason tries t
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)
After reading the first book, I was so excited to read Cherished so I could get more time with Mason! And holy crap, did he blow any expectation I had of him out of the water. He was just so much more then I could have wanted.

Cherished is so full of love and passion. Both Mason and Darcy are trying to deal with the sadness of what happened in the first book. Mason really goes above an beyond to make her feel okay even though he is hurting too. He is just so passionate and caring and you can't h
Kathryn
Ok, I am loving this series so far... You fall in to these books so fast and you don't quit until you turn the last page... And then you are left breathless b/c of everything you just emotionally got involved in. So, now I am off to read the next installment... Mason and Darcy are a hot and sexy couple that I am so eager to Read more about!!
Shealynn
Too short. I feel like these books just end too soon. I finished the first book in 1.5 hours - possibly less. They're really good, though.
Marsha
Jan 02, 2012 Marsha rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Adult Romance Lovers
"Cherished" is the entertaining second novella in the Mystic Wolves series. It begins immediately after "Without Mercy" ends. Darcy is reeling from the murder of her almost soon to be sister in law and her attack at gunpoint. She is rethinking whether or not Mason can still find room in his heart to love her and whether she is suitable to be the mate of an Alpha. As she tosses and turns in her sleep, Mason hears her doubts and sets about trying to convince her just how cherished she is to him.

I
Laurie Treacy
Call the folks over at Merriam Webster and let them know of an immediate change: the word "romance" should now include a cover picture of Cherished. Seriously, I haven't read such a truly romantic story in a long time.

When we left werewolf Darcy in Without Mercy, she was just beginning to deal with the aftermath of the terrible ordeal of losing Jasmine and embracing the wolf inside her for retribution.

Cherished takes place directly after and we see Darcy suffering with her actions, the pain of
Kristen
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
THEME: Werewolves
RECEIVED: Reviewing for Author
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
Oh how I wish the Mystic Wolves novellas were longer, I get so into the story and characters and then it ends. Belinda Boring really knows how to draw me into her story by getting into the emotional side of the characters.

Cherished starts off where the first novella left off and I was excited to get to know more about Darcy and her alpha; Mason a lot more. This novella was focused
Donna (BLHmistress)
I didn't think it could get any better than Without Mercy but I was wrong. First of all, I will groan just a moment ending it the way she did. I really wanted to keep on reading and find out what is going to happen with Devin and how did Gary get the Vampire blood. I guess I have to wait for Blood Oath to find these answers.. Write faster! Belinda I beg you.

Anyway, now that I got the begging out of the way. I remember what I loved about Darcy and Mason 'sigh' what a romantic couple they are. Can
Beverly
My thoughts:
This is the ultimate love story!
Belinda has again brought us Darcy, the incredible heroine from book one. In Cherished, she is struggling to come to terms with the loss of her friend and soon-to-be mate's sister and her feelings of responsibility for that loss. Mason is magnificent! He is the man that all men (should) strive to be. Compassionate, responsible, fair, honest, passionate, loyal, and honorable, of course it doesn't hurt that he is gorgeous!
Belinda has created characte
Lori {Romancing the Dark Side}
Romancing the Dark Side Review:

Full of gripping emotion and unconditional love!

In the first installment of this series we meet Darcy, a werewolf engaged to the pack Alpha who experiences a great loss at the hands of betrayal when an innocent walk with her future sister in law Jasmine, turns tragic. Set hours after Without Mercy, Cherished explores the main characters, Mason and Darcy, as they try to heal after the death of Jasmine and mend their relationship. Together they learn you can face a
Curse of the Bibliophile
Heartwarming characters and a sexy hero come together to make a wonderful read in Belinda Boring's CHERISHED.

CHERISHED is the sequel to the novelette Without Mercy. After the death of her mate's sister Jasmine and her best friend, Darcy is devastated. She starts to doubt her worth in the eyes of her pack and mate. Mason hears Darcy's thoughts of leaving because she believes she is a failure and it pains him. So he sets out to prove to her once and for all her that she is cherished.

Mason's charac
Sapphyria
If I thought the first novelette, Without Mercy, was very intense and moving, Cherished is that ten-fold. This is story #2 in the Mystic Wolves series and it takes place the very next day (you’ll have to read Without Mercy—you won’t be disappointed!)

Darcy is now at war with herself over the events of the previous evening. How can the Alpha male of the pack, loving and tender but hard-core tough, Mason, still want her after what happened? How can she be expected to uphold the high standards as ma
Jackie
Book Synopsis

For a moment, Darcy almost convinced herself the last twelve hours didn’t happen. As image after image hits her, the sinking realization of all she’s lost overwhelms her and all she can think of is to run. Run far away where her shame can’t find her, and most of all, where she’ll never have to see the look of blame in Mason’s eyes. Feeling like a complete failure, she scrambles to make plans. But the voice of her mate-to-be penetrates her frantic thoughts, asking for the chance to
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Cherished is the second novella in Belinda Boring's Mystic Wolves series. It starts with Darcy dealing with the aftermath of everything that happened in the first book. She is experiencing tremendous amounts of grief and guilt – you can actually feel these feelings radiating off of her. Belinda does an awesome job at making you feel the character's emotions.

Mason puts his own grief aside to comfort Darcy. He is hurting just as much as she is, if not more, but you would never know it. Being a man
Bonnie (Words at Home Blog)
Cherished is the extremely emotional continuation of the Mystic Wolves series. Where in Without Mercy we saw the fiercely protective side of Darcy and her inner wolf, in Cherished we see her more vulnerable human side and how it competes with and works together with her wolf. While I’m talking about her wolf, I think this is a great time to mention how much I love the distinction that Boring makes between Darcy as a human and “her” wolf. I was fascinated by the way that there are essentially 2 s ...more
Nikki Brandyberry
Another win for Belinda! This was an incredibly fast read (around an hour) and I loved every second of the ride that she has created with her characters. I loved Darcy and Mason together and their quest to completely understand each other and tear down the walls their hearts have created in a time of grief. The world Belinda has created is wrought with emotion and I completely felt the connection within her characters this time around.

I love how Cherished starts exactly where Without Mercy stopp
Emma (BelleBooks)
Cherished is the second novella in the Mystic Wolves series, I want to say a massive thank you to the author Belinda Boring for giving me a review copy of this book for her blog tour!

Cherished follows on from Without Mercy just perfectly, it centres around Darcy and Mason and all the emotions they are both feeling after such a great loss of Jasmine the night before.
The book gives the reader an insight into the world of the wolves and their pack, shows us how things are run and what is expected o
I stumbled across these novellas last night and decided to give them a read to take a break from Ulysses. Wow! I started reading and it was so hard to put them down! Without Mercy isn't very long, but in that short amount of time you are hooked! You jump right into the action, and it never slows down. Belinda Boring brings so much into these short stories, and leaves you waiting for more. There is one more Mystic Wolves novella out right now called Blood Oath, which I will also review once I've ...more
Kim
I loved Without Mercy, and I loved Cherished! This is the second book in the Mystic Wolves series and just as engrossing! Beginning just hours after Without Mercy ends, Cherished is beautifully written. This book is so emotionally charged that you feel is if you are a part of the story. Boring is a genius at writing tremendously gripping stories that stay with you long after you have closed the book. So many times, a story is told from a single, main point of view, with little on the other side ...more
Freda mans
This is not a stand alone novella. You really need to read the first book or you will be lost.
Now I really enjoyed the fierce nature of the beast in the first book, and the nature was ever present in this one as well. When they had the initial start in the forest scene, wow!
I also loved the chemistry between Darcy and Mason. You just know they are made for one another.
I wasn't crazy about the pity party though. I felt it made Mason look a little weak. I like a sensitive guy, but when is it whiny
Junie
I really am so careful about checking the length of a book because I just don't like short stories, but somehow I missed it. My apologies to Belinda Boring and my thanks! Apologies because if I had realized these were short stories I wouldn't have read them and these stories are really good! My thanks, well, because these stories are really good!

The characters are great and the plot is solid. It takes hold and hangs on, moving you along and at the end it feels like you just read a full length no
Jackie

Love the cover, especially the blue eyes. It's a cute story but it's too short and the story goes in circles. It's lacking in story line. I got this story for free from Belinda Boring for an honest review. It's a quick read. I enjoy short books when there is enough of a story line but this didn't have it. It was just a story to show how Mason cherished Darcy even after his sister's death. I wish it had been a bit longer and that there had been interaction between the two main characters and othe
Midnight Sapp
They were both feeling guilty for Jasmine's death. Darcy is feeling really guilty and like a failure but Mason reassures her she is not, he show her she is cherished eventhough he is hurting too.

A lot of emotions going on. It was another great read in this series. I'm really looking forward to read the next one.
Suzan
I enjoyed this as Mason and Darcy deal with the aftermath of losing Jasmine and Mason spends the story trying to show Darcy how much he loves her and that she is not a failure. Still very short but an enjoyable read!
  • Deadman's Blood (Blood Series, #5)
  • Dark Highland Fire (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #2)
  • A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • The Gryphons' Dream (The Soul-Linked Saga , #5 )
  • Darkest Wolf (Westervelt Wolves, #7)
  • Dreaming of the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #8)
  • Between the Realms (War of the Fae, #6)
  • A Question of Lust (Questions for a Highlander, #3)
  • My Mate's Embrace (Siberian Volkov Pack, #3)
  • Journey in Time
  • Raven's Kiss (Raven Grace, #1)
A homesick Aussie living amongst the cactus and mountains of Arizona, Belinda Boring is a self proclaimed addict of romance and all things swoon worthy. It wasn’t long before she began writing, pouring her imagination and creativity into the stories she dreams. Whether urban fantasy, paranormal romance or romance in general, Belinda strives to share great plots with heart and characters that you c ...more
More about Belinda Boring...

Mystic Wolves (7 books)
  • The Mystic Wolves (Mystic Wolves, #1)
  • Forget Me Not (Mystic Wolves, #2)
  • Testing Fate (Mystic Wolves, #3)
  • Forever Changed (Mystic Wolves, #4)
  • Savage Possession (Mystic Wolves, #5)
  • Darkness Unleashed (Mystic Wolves, #6)
  • Last Wolf Standing (Mystic Wolves, #7)
The Mystic Wolves (Mystic Wolves, #1) Forget Me Not (Mystic Wolves, #2) Testing Fate (Mystic Wolves, #3) Forever Changed (Mystic Wolves, #4) Without Mercy (Mystic Wolves #1A)