Start by marking “Sexperiment: 7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse” as Want to Read:
Sexperiment: 7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse

Sexperiment: 7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  115 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
The predominant message in our culture is that it's okay to have sex whenever, wherever, and however we want. Sex has become just sex. But while society has taken sex too far, the church hasn't taken it far enough.

God wants couples to make love in marriage-with passion, with purpose, and with pleasure. Marriages aren't experiencing all the benefits that come from a healthy

Published January 10th 2012 by FaithWords (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sexperiment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sexperiment

Adam Bradley
Jan 24, 2012 Adam Bradley rated it it was ok
Shelves: ethics, sex
There really is nothing here I haven't seen many times before.

I think it was 2008 when churches started issuing "30 day sex challenges" to their congregations. This book show no awareness that it's following, less ambitiously, in their footsteps.

The seven-days-of-sex thing, by the way, isn't exactly integral to the book; it's just something they keep bringing up -- "the challenge" -- but there's never a point in the book where I feel like there's a clear vision or plan for how those seven days s
Charlotte
Mar 21, 2012 Charlotte rated it really liked it

What I got the most out of this book was the needed reminder that marriage is about service and giving. I needed that reminder. It is easy to fall into comfortable patterns with your spouse. That doesn't mean that "comfortable" is necessarily bad, it just means that sometimes we need the reminder to not take our Spouses for granted. I don't necessarily agree with Mr. Young on everything he says, like about half of the Ten Commandments of Marriage, but I ca
Becky Giovagnoni
May 22, 2012 Becky Giovagnoni rated it it was ok
If you want to have a good understanding of the point of this book, read the last three pages. Seriously. Although the concepts it covers are very basic, it could be a good reminder of some important relational truths. However, there were two things that bugged me about this book. 1. There are several instances where he covers the same concept over and over again. Sometimes in almost identical wording. 2. It is filled with annoying little cliches, silly puns and irrelevant stories from his perso ...more
Bethany
Aug 18, 2012 Bethany rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This was an interesting read. It's about more than sex...it has a lot of great insight on how to have a stronger marriage! Glad I read it, and my hubby read it too!!
Amy
Aug 15, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
I really appreciated this book - obviously my husband and I felt the need to read it otherwise, it'd be a little pointless. It had a lot of good points in the beginning - mainly remembering now to let yourself go after marriage, romance needs to stay alive, creativity is good - don't be stagnant in what/how you interact, etc. I didn't always agree with some of the things the author says and having it be from a Christian view was a little uncomfortable at first (even though I'm a Christian - none ...more
Thea
Mar 03, 2014 Thea rated it really liked it
I would recommend this book to any newlywed or anyone who wants to re-spice up their sex life!
Gabe
Jan 15, 2012 Gabe rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing! Ed and Lisa young have hit the proverbial nail on the head with this one.

I recommend it for all married couples, couples engaged, and singles.

As a member of Fellowship Church I'm so blessed to be able to hear Ed speak weekly. This boom will let you know why.
Chris Giovagnoni
May 17, 2012 Chris Giovagnoni rated it liked it
There isn't anything in this book that you haven't heard before. Marriage is about giving. It's about the other person, not self. It's a covenant. Emotional intimacy can't be had without physical intimacy. Prioritize the sex and reap the rewards.
Sandra
Apr 02, 2013 Sandra rated it really liked it
Well written book with the premise that 7 striaght days of sex with your spouse will draw you closer in a Oneness relationship - what God intended. Plainly written with biblical references and stories from the author who is a pastor.
Delaney
Apr 03, 2014 Delaney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2014
I read this book a couple of times as it was written by the Pastors of my church. I recommend this book to everyone; whether you are in a relationship or thinking about someday being in one.
Dani
Aug 15, 2014 Dani rated it liked it
This book was quite informative and insightful. Unfortunately I am not quite at this stage in my life and it wasn't quite what I was expecting. I did a lot of skimming.
Brenda
Dec 26, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it
Recommended to Brenda by: good day Atlanta
This was advertised on Good Day Atlanta today and looks awesome! This couple is in a bed on the top of a church in Texas talking about this book.
Jenny Kim
Apr 11, 2016 Jenny Kim rated it it was ok
probably a better book to read not when you're single but married.

Although they have suggest for both singles and married.
Rusty Gregory
Aug 19, 2013 Rusty Gregory rated it it was amazing
This is a great marriage book! How could sex for a week straight not draw you closer to your spouse?
Sarah (sarahelisabethm)
Mar 10, 2012 Sarah (sarahelisabethm) rated it really liked it
Shelves: marriage, faith
The writing was a little hokey, but this book had a lot of good points.
Becki
Aug 04, 2012 Becki rated it it was amazing
Great marriage book.
Sherhara
Sherhara rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Stacey Brooke
Stacey Brooke marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Eryka
Eryka marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2016
Kelly Fuhrmann
Kelly Fuhrmann rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Okenwa Ikwan
Okenwa Ikwan marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2016
Trisha McDonough
Trisha McDonough marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2016
Smooth Via
Smooth Via rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Jessica Clinton
Jessica Clinton marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Aimee Ortega
Aimee Ortega marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
FREDERICK
FREDERICK marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
May 06, 2016
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • What the Bible Says about Love Marriage & Sex: The Song of Solomon
  • You Are Made for More!: How to Become All You Were Created to Be
  • Your Words Hold a Miracle: The Power of Speaking God's Word
  • Indivisible: Restoring Faith, Family, and Freedom Before It's Too Late
  • Saying It Well: Touching Others with Your Words
  • The Other Side of Suffering: The Father of JonBenet Ramsey Tells the Story of His Journey from Grief to Grace
  • Until We All Come Home: A Harrowing Journey, a Mother's Courage, a Race to Freedom
  • What Is He Thinking??: What Guys Want Us to Know About Dating, Love, and Marriage
  • A Faith of Our Own: Following Jesus Beyond the Culture Wars
  • God Loves Ugly
  • Red-Hot Monogamy: Making Your Marriage Sizzle
  • The Shack Revisited: There Is More Going On Here than You Ever Dared to Dream
  • Do Yourself a Favor...Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness
  • Under the Sheets: The Secrets to Hot Sex in Your Marriage
  • The Seven Prayers God Always Answers: God's Promises for Everyone,  Everywhere,  Every Time
  • The Success Journey: The Process of Living Your Dreams
  • Folly's Bride (Brides of Montclair, #4)
  • The Connecting Church
ED YOUNG is senior pastor of Fellowship Church in Grapevine, TX, one of the fastest-growing churches of the past century. Ed's other books include High Definition Living and Know Fear. He and his wife have been married for over twenty years and have four children.
More about Ed Young...