Start by marking “Cruising Altitude: Diary of a Flight Attendant” as Want to Read:
Cruising Altitude: Diary of a Flight Attendant

Cruising Altitude: Diary of a Flight Attendant

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a flight attendant or what kind of things they go through? "Cruising Altitude" explains what it is like being a flight attendant in a unique and fun way. You will get to see things through the eyes of a real flight attendant. This book will touch on all of your emotions. You will get a kick out of the lively stories!
Published September 20th 2006 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about Cruising Altitude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cruising Altitude

Bobbi
I wanted to be a flight attendant ever since I first saw Stewardesses in the mid 50's when we picked my aunt and uncle up at Midway Airport - can you say spectator shoes? I did get a job with TWA in 1963 but I was under 21 and decided to gain seniority by working in the reservations office. When I was old enough I was hired by both American Airlines and TWA but my fiancé said "No way." I ended my career as a ticket agent after 13 years. This book made me realize that perhaps even in the 1960's ...more
Tom Blumer
As a (former) frequent flyer, I was actually more interested in the view of flying commercially from a "professional" perspective. There was a modicum of that, but a lot more about shopping for clothes, finding dates, etc. than I cared for. If I had known beforehand, I would not have read this book.
Kayt
I'm of two minds when it comes to this book: on one hand, it is in serious need of tightening up and editing and overall revising. On the other, it's a short, first-hand account of a flight attendant's life, written competently enough that you can get through the problems.

The beginning of the book claims that it is comprised of various journal writing the author just put together when people wanted to know more about her job. They do read like blog posts, and I enjoyed the author's voice, but it
Sherri
Eye-opening stories of the significant challenges of becoming a flight attendant then remaining professional in the face of some astonishingly childish passengers. Good story-telling and insights into the high costs and low salaries of this under-appreciated job.
opened my eyes to the crazies on airplanes. very informative. fun read
Melissa Siegel
Fun read interesting story
Kathy Mcpherson
An entertaining look into the life of a flight attendant.
Cathi M
It is a nice light book to read. Did learn a few things, but my life would have gone on if I hadn't learned them. The writing style too is just okay, as it feels as if incident takes the same tone. Be a good book to read after finishing something complex, when you just need your brain to recharge after thinking too much.
Candace
Not deep but instructive about how airline hostesses are trained. I never really thought about it before...and I'm finding it interesting, and feeling like I dodged a bullet there because I'd once thought about being one myself, except that at that epoch, I wasn't pretty enough so I didn't even bother! Thank god!
Mary White
Mildly interesting little tidbits about the life of a flight attendant, but would be much better suited to a small article in Reader's Digest than a full novel.
Maria Benner
Great first hand account of being a flight attendant. Also great for people who work with the public and know how crazy people can be.
Ayelet
Funny stories, good for a light read. I would not want to live in one of those dorm-like houses.
Cynthia Barr
Humorous book of a flight attendant's account of surviving the airline industry.
Rosemary
mildly amusing yarn about Ms. Danee's experiences as a flight attendant.
Reenie Mcfarland
It's a crazy job but somebody's got to do it. A fun read.
Ruth
Entertaining. A good bathroom book.
Cherie Pang
Cherie Pang marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Lady Luck
Lady Luck marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Big E
Big E marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Kashara
Kashara marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Camila França Marques
Camila França Marques marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Dana Scott
Dana Scott marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Cameron
Cameron marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Dana Gadeken
Dana Gadeken marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Mariah Howes
Mariah Howes marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Hannah Green
Hannah Green marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Roadfood
  • What I Learned When I Almost Died: How a Maniac TV Producer Put Down His Blackberry and Started to Live His Life
  • Wondering Who You Are: A Memoir
  • No Cheating, No Dying: I Had a Good Marriage. Then I Tried To Make It Better.
  • Kissing Frogs in Cyberspace
  • Lists of Note
  • Bargain Fever : Our Obsession With Getting More for Less
  • Aftermath: On Marriage and Separation
  • Supersurvivors: The Surprising Link Between Suffering and Success
  • The Millionaire and the Bard: Henry Folger’s Obsessive Hunt for Shakespeare’s First Folio
  • 300 Sandwiches: A Multilayered Love Story . . . with Recipes
  • It's Always Personal: Navigating Emotion in the New Workplace
  • By the Iowa Sea: A Memoir of Disaster and Love
  • Head Case: My Brain and Other Wonders
  • Passing for Thin: Losing Half My Weight and Finding My Self
  • My Mistake
  • Cruising Attitude: Tales of Crashpads, Crew Drama, and Crazy Passengers at 35,000 Feet
  • The Priority List: A Teacher's Final Quest to Discover Life's Greatest Lessons