Back in the Habit  (Falcone & Driscoll Investigation, #2)

Back in the Habit (Falcone & Driscoll Investigation #2)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  13 reviews
It's been over a year since Giulia Falcone fled the convent, and her new case is the stuff of nightmares: she's going back. Giulia's former Superior General has hired Driscoll Investigations to confirm that the sudden death of Sister Bridget, a troubled young Novice, was a suicide in order to squelch a lawsuit. Did something drive Sister Bridget to desperation? Or was she...more
Published February 8th 2012 by Midnight Ink (first published February 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Back in the Habit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back in the Habit

Cyndy Aleo
I have purchased Back in the Habit twice: first, the week it came out, and the second time at a book signing with the author, Alice Loweecey, after my father read and loved my first copy. As my taste in books is usually at the opposite end of the spectrum from my father's, that's probably a sign of how fun this book is.

::: The Plot :::

Giulia Falcone has been an assistant investigator for P.I. Frank Driscoll for only a few months, and out of the convent only a short while longer than she's been...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Our sleuth, Giulia Falcone, newly hired as a Private Investigator in training, is sent to her worst case possible...undercover at the Motherhouse. Eager to gain important clients, Frank Driscoll, head Private Investigator of 'Driscoll Investigations' sees this job as a great opportunity to get better clients and cheerfully assigns traumatized Giulia to the case.

Giulia, now must resume her past as Sister Mary Regina Coelis. As Regina, she must undercover why a Novice committed the most dreadful o...more
Deneé
I received this book as a Goodreads First Reads. This review is more like 2.5 stars. I love the idea of the book, an undercover investigation in a convent, but it didn't quite pique my interest as much as I would have hoped. It dragged on a bit, and there were some chapters that hardly seemed necessary. I liked the ending, and I felt that if there were other parts and chapters in the book that was as exciting and interesting as the ending throughout the book, this would've gotten a better rating...more
Susan
Giulia Falcone is getting used to life outside the convent, and her still incipient relationship with boss Frank Driscoll, when the detective agency gets an assignment requiring her to go back--undercover--to find out why a novice committed suicide. There were only three novices in the convent to start with, and only one was close to the dead girl, whose parents are threatening to sue. No one knows convent routine like Giulia, and nobody else is capable of standing up to the domineering mother s...more
Cathy Spencer
I enjoyed the book. I thought the premise was good and I enjoyed the insight into convent life. I also liked the heroine's endeavours to make up for lost time in the romance department with her boss, and pick up tips from Cosmopolitan magazine. The solving the mystery part of the story certainly went off in a direction I hadn't anticipated, and I found it just a touch implausible. Also, style-wise, I like my writing a little leaner.

I might add that my husband enjoyed the book very much and could...more
Haggis Chihuahua
SRSLY, an exceptionally good read. I mean, I've actually been dreaming about walking through the Mother House and interacting with Sister Fabian and Sister Mary Stephen. And what charmers those two are. I didn't think it was possible, but Loweecey is getting better. Looking forward to the next in the series.

BTW, I almost never give five stars, so don't let the four stars fool you. This one's well worth your time and money.
Amy
I really like the premise of this book, but I had a really hard time with Frank jumping to conclusions and not believing Giulia. Some more character development might have helped with that. I do look forward to reading more in this series and seeing where things go.
Ginger
Overall I wasn't that thrilled by this book. There was a lot of noodling around the convent and then all of a sudden a very strange ending. Good beach read perhaps, or good for getting your mind off of work/school/etc. if you want something not too taxing.
Susan
This book was just okay. Some scenes were rather drawn out as when one nun becomes ill and Guila and another nun have to clean up the mess. While reading I did wonder if this former nun has a chip on her shoulder where convents are concerned.
Sallee
I could hardly put this down..it was a page turner. Written by a former nun, it gave indepth detail on convent life. The mystery was great and I can't wait to read the first in her series, Force of Habit.
Elizabeth
I can't wait for the next installment. This series only gets better.
Jean
Good mystery. Love this character
John Hanscom
A very cute, well written mystery.
Kaylyn Stacy
Kaylyn Stacy marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Marty
Marty marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Krista
Krista marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Alice Loweecey is a former nun who went from the convent to playing prostitutes on stage to accepting her husband’s marriage proposal on the second date. Her teenage sons clamor for dramatic cameos in future books, but she’s thinking they’ll make good Redshirts.

She is a member of Mystery Writers of America and Sisters in Crime. The author lives with her family in Western New York. Force of Habit i...more
More about Alice Loweecey...
Force of Habit (Falcone & Driscoll Investigation, #1) Veiled Threat (Falcone & Driscoll Investigation, #3) Veiled Threat (A Falcone & Driscoll Investigation)