Start by marking “Danny's Boy” as Want to Read:
Danny's Boy

Danny's Boy

2.75 of 5 stars 2.75  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Growing up gay in a small, working-class town isn't easy. Returning there after three years spent in the bright lights of the city is even harder. But with no job, and no money, Danny doesn't have much choice.

A vicious attack confirms all of Danny's fears about life in his hometown. The irony of his rescuer being Ste, his homophobic ex-best friend, isn't lost on him. But i
Published August 25th 2011 by Croft House

To ask other readers questions about Danny's Boy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danny's Boy

Mirvan  Ereon
Simply amazing! I fell in love with this short story! It is so realistic and the sex is so real! I cannot believe that a woman had written such eloquent and exquisite lines almost sounding like poetry. This is what a good gay story should be written. It kept me interested all the time and there are no stupid and unwanted parts, Everything was simply amazing. The money I paid for it is definitely worth all and I am so willing to pay for more if this kind of writing is used in a novel or a longer ...more
Sammy Goode
Nice little sip of a story--would love to read a sequel to see where the relationship goes between Ste and Danny.
Ije the Devourer of Books
A really good short story which included issues such as coming out, dealing with small town homophobia, friendship and the frustration of unemployment. I enjoyed the contrast between the thriving gay community life in the big city and the isolation, homophobia and the need to conform in the small town. What really interested me in this story was the class differences and the way in which Danny had changed and out grown his home town, his school mates and even his family in some respects.

The onl
Achim
I really like it when Kate Aaron is writing about real people and real live. She's a master in finding the right words for that kind of stories - you just have to read "The Rest of Forever" to believe that. Reading her stories reminds me on the atmosphere of some of the best movies of New British Cinema like "Full Monty" or "Beautiful Thing".

On the other hand Ms.Aaron is also a master of 'short', so I'm sorry to say that this time it's just too short. It's more like a spotlight on one or two sc
Chris
Ok short m/m romance about a guy who can't find work after university, so returns to the small town where he grew up and runs into his homophobic former best friend. While I quite liked the story, the pronoun confusion was extreme and frustrating.
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
*young-adult characters shelf*
Germaine Palmer
Germaine Palmer marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Phoebe Sean
Phoebe Sean marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Alejandra
Alejandra marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Happy Bookaholic
Happy Bookaholic marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Terence Geurts
Terence Geurts marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Kate Aaron lives in Cheshire, England with two dogs, a parrot, and a bearded dragon named Elvis.

She has the best of friends, the worst of enemies, and a mischievous muse with a passion for storytelling that doesn't know the difference between fact and fiction.

She holds a BA (Hons) in English Language and Literature, and an MA in Gender, Sexuality and Culture, and is an outspoken advocate for equal
More about Kate Aaron...
The Rest of Forever (Love is Always Write) What He Wants The Slave (Free Men, #1) The Soldier (Free Men, #2) The Master (Free Men, #3)