Fenton: the Loneliest Vampire (Lost Realm, #1.5)

Fenton: the Loneliest Vampire (Lost Realm #1.5)

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Lost Realm Book #1.5
Previous Book: Blood & Ash (#1)
Next Book: Fire & Ice (#2)

Fenton was born in a remote village during a raging storm. Bad omens surround his birth. He grows up alone, understanding from an early age that he is not the same as the other children. He does not fit in.

Then he meets Alec; another young man who doesn't belong. Hope, loss and banishment...more
Published July 13th 2011

Bound by Blood by Jourdan LaneInterview With The Vampire by Anne RiceNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDeceptions by Jourdan LaneSacrifice by Jourdan Lane
Best Gay Vampires
141st out of 336 books — 453 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
318th out of 449 books — 945 voters

More lists with this book...

Shell
Sooo. I really loved this look into Fenton. I'd contemplated skipping it bc I wanted more of Ash and Azrael, but it was so short, I don't. And I'm so glad. I thought it have more depth to a side character and I'm hoping to foreshadowed for later books in the series.
Tamela
Interesting premise... asexual personality. First time I've ever read anything like this and was surprised at what Fenton had to deal with. It must be so lonely to be so out of sync with everyone else. The story was good, but it's leading into another story and I was all set to read more. Can't wait to find out what's happening next. Recommended.
Brenda Cothern
Enjoyed this short read!
LG (A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions)
When I saw that this story and the next work in the series, Fire & Ice, were tagged “asexual,” I decided to give them a shot. I wanted to see how an asexual character would be handled. Since I hate reading series out of order, I bought the first work, Blood & Ash, as well. If you've been keeping track of my recent reviews, you already know I was disappointed by Blood & Ash. Fenton: The Loneliest Vampire (hereafter, FTLV) wasn't an improvement.

A big part of the problem was that FTLV w...more
Cathy
Glad this was free for my Kindle because I was very disappointed.
Fenton is a young man who just doesn't understand the attraction of a sexual relationship. His friend, Alec, tries to tempt him into a sexual relationship. When they are discovered by Fenton's father the young men run away to sea.
After two years of sharing a hammock and light sex play (but not actual sex) Alec finds another. Fenton leaves the ship, loses his virginity to a male prostitute, then is seduced (asexually) into vampireh...more
Steelwhisper
This is a bit difficult to rate, as it is a short story and obviously part of the worldbuilding for a larger series.

The rendering of Fenton's asexuality was quite on the dot and it made him the perfect victim to Kali as well as himself.

I loved that these vampires do not glitter, have to stay out of the sun (as proper vampires have to do) and else appear to be rather more like pre-Twilight vampires than post that drivel. I'm interested in reading more Fenton.

A great short story with some neat wor...more
Yvensong
Reading this short story made me feel like I was reading the background notes an author makes to do their character background and world-building. It was interesting but I never felt like I got to know the main character. Throughout the centuries that this story entails, there is no depth to the MC. If this was to give the reader a sense of the MC's loneliness, then it doesn't really work. It just made for a flat main character.

I received this for free through an offer from the author on a Goodr...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
I need to go.back and read the first book. Not sure why I skipped it. I think there is more background info that would be interesting, though not really necessary to enjoy this story. I really wish there was more detail and meat to the story of Fenton's existence. Things started really rolling along, then it ended, which I found a little disappointing. However, I am interested enough to read the other two books.
Tonileg
This is really short about 15 pages and it was free on the allromance site. This is an odd story about the human then quickly turned vampire life of Fenton who was gay/asexual. There is a hint that he may found a fey price named Skye to fall in love with, to finally feel something. Cute with some short sexy scenes, but always with a distance because Fenton never has normal 'feelings'.
2 stars
Grace Herrera
Not interesting

no connection to the main character. It's hard for me to like a book when I don't care about the main character.
Gaele
Jul 17, 2012 Gaele rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
Not one I would recommend as an introduction to this author. I would, however suggest you read my review on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/review/R1TANPZA...
Tame
first for me by this author. . . ended a bit abruptly but it did intrigue me enough to see if Fenton finds what he's looking for (sequel?)
Audra
I didn't particularly enjoy this.
Tanya
Very good. Very short
sandra tahmahkera
sandra tahmahkera marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Gosia
Gosia marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Neko
Neko added it
Feb 13, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Darlena
Darlena marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Bufo Calvin
Bufo Calvin marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen
Kelly Willcoxbrackeen marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2013
Gabryyl Pierce
Gabryyl Pierce marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
My Vampire Book O...: Fenton: the Loneliest Vampire is free on Amazon 4 13 Oct 23, 2011 01:22PM
Kate Aaron lives in Cheshire, England with two dogs, a parrot, and a bearded dragon named Elvis.

She has the best of friends, the worst of enemies, and a mischievous muse with a passion for storytelling that doesn't know the difference between fact and fiction.

Find her on facebook: http://facebook.com/KateAaronAuthor
More about Kate Aaron...
The Rest of Forever (Love is Always Write) What He Wants Blood & Ash (Lost Realm, #1) Danny's Boy Fire & Ice (Lost Realm, #2)