Start by marking “My Life in Pink & Green” as Want to Read:
My Life in Pink & Green

My Life in Pink & Green (Pink & Green #1)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  6,766 ratings  ·  640 reviews
Twelve-year-old Lucy Desberg is a natural problem-solver. At her family's struggling pharmacy, she has a line of makeover customers for every school dance and bat mitzvah. But all the makeup tips in the world won't help save the business. If only she could find a way to make it the center of town again-a place where people want to spend time, like in the old days. Lucy dre ...more
Published August 26th 2011 by Amulet Books (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about My Life in Pink & Green, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Life in Pink & Green

Ellie
My Life in Pink and Green is an immediately endearing story. The Old Mill Pharmacy, the business that Lucy’s family revolves around, is in danger of going out of business, and Lucy will stop at nothing to save it. Lucy is strong, smart, and resourceful, and her spunk and green solutions will appeal to readers young and old.

The Old Mill Pharmacy sounds like the perfect place to hang out, and Lucy is determined to revive the aging establishment’s popularity in her town before it’s too late. While
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Lisa Greenwald has a nice combination of things going on in her debut novel MY LIFE IN PINK & GREEN. Put together "green" living to save the earth, the trials and tribulations of being a 7th-grade girl, and the financial stress of running a family business, and you have a real page-turner.

Lucy will be the third generation owner of a family pharmacy - that is if her mother and grandmother can keep the store going against the com
Lauren S
This book is a really fun book to read!!!!!! It talks about so much!!!!! I love this book becuase it has a happy ending and who wants to have a book with a sad ending. So if you want to find out the happy ending you will just have to read the book!!!!!!!!
Oumiie
I think the book is excellent. It all about Lucy and her mothers Pharmacy. Her mothers Pharmacy don't have a lot of clients. So Lucy got a great idea, which was to add change the pharmacy into an eco-spa
Sindhu Gowda
This is one of the best books i have ever read. You should read it if you like realistic fiction.
Christina (Ensconced in Lit)
I've seen good reviews of this book hanging about and I knew I had to pick it up. I don't think I realized it was a middle grade read, but I have to say this is the best middle grade/younger adult book I've read in a long while.

My Life in Pink and Green by Lisa Greenwald stars Lucy, one of the spunkiest and smartest 12 year olds I've ever read about. She has a mother that still lives at home and a grumpy grandmother who is trying to hold their finances together. They all work/live in a pharmacy
Eden Schanzenbach
I loooooved this book! The cover, to me, looks really cheesy, because I don't like girly girl book, but it was amazing!! It had such a great story to it! It was about a 7th grade girl, so I could really relate. This has probably moved it's way up to being on of my favorite books! I would recomend this book...to ANYBODY!!!!! It made me want to read more books by this author. It was a great book!!!

This book is about a girl who's family doesn't have much money. She is really struggling. Her family
Trysta Dyer
My book, My Life in Pink and Green is about a girl who helps out at her mom and grandma’s pharmacy, she overhears her grandma saying that the pharmacy might be in foreclosure, now she has to figure out how to save the pharmacy. Or she will lose her home. The main character then sees that she has a famous guest visiting her pharmacy, and sees she needs help with something now she might be able not to lose her home.

I think that the book is very entertaining to read, i love the story, characters an
Deanna
Realistic fiction, small town, friendship, family drugstore, makeup and beauty tips, middle school crushes.

Lucy Desberg is a 12 year old girl who opens the family mail and realizes they are about to lose their pharmacy. Business isn't good anymore because people are going to big box stores to purchase groceries and fill their prescriptions at the same time. One of her hobbies is playing around with and applying makeup on her older sister. Eventually she decides to use these skills to help the yo
Brennan H
I have just finished reading My Life in Pink and Green by Lisa Greenwald. Lucy Desberg, her mother, and grandmother work at a family famacy. Lucy has been there as long as she can remember and has had nothing but good times. When suddenly, she revealed a secret, the phamacy can't afford to pay all the bills. Unless they get some serious cash, it might close! It just so happens on High School, Homecoming night, that Courtney Adner, Homecoming Queen for two years in a row, comes in with (A very w ...more
Anthony
Erin Forson
My Life in Pink and Green
by Lisa Greenwald
Anyone who knows me can tell you that I am a recycling fool. If I could “Go Green” all the way and minimize my impact on the Earth (otherwise known as my carbon signature) I would. It's hard work sometimes, lugging dirty plastic and smelly cardboard to the recycling center, but I feel good about doing it even though my friends sometimes tease me. So what does going green have to do with a pharmacy that is best known for its cosmetics and Lucy, its young
Leeor
My life in Pink and Green by Lisa Greenwald is a story about a determined seventh grader named Lucy. Lucy’s family owns a pharmacy that is on the verge of going out of business. The story follows her quest to save her family’s business. Lucy thinks of clever and creative ideas to make money to save the pharmacy such as doing makeup for girls in the community. Lucy’s sister, Claudia, is optimistic and helpful but her grandma and her mom have some doubts. Nevertheless, Lucy is persistent and refus ...more
Emmeline Guest
Mostly unrealistic characters -

A Yale graduate who lives in her mothers house, with her two daughters, and helps run an old fashion drug store (think medicine, soda fountain, and cosmetics). A 7th grade girl who can fix any hair/beauty problem with her mad skills (and a bottle "Fix-a-Frizz). A best friend with an obnoxious brother, a red rec room, and an extensive collection of hindu figurines.

Although some may relate to the economic struggles the family faces, as they attempt to make mortgage
Alina Seifert
This book had a main character named Lucy who was thirteen. She lived with her mother, her sister who was away at college, and her grandmother. I liked this book becauwse the author had three parts that each were very interesting to me. One of the parts was that the pharmacy that Lucy's mother and grandmother owned was going out of business. How Lucy saved the pharmacy and started her own make-up busniess was exciting. Another exciting part was that Yamir, the brother of Lucy's friend Sunny,star ...more
Taylor
This book is about a twelve year-old girl named Lucky who's families Pharmacy is running out of business. Lucky wants to save the pharmacy but how? Then one day the prom queen has a hair disaster and Lucky fixes it. After that people wait in line for Lucky to do their hair and makeup. Then she finds out about a grant that might save her families business. Will she win?
Grace Milan
This book is very interesting. If you like to read realistic fiction then you will love this book. My Life in Pink & Green is about a girl named Lucy and she is living with her mom and siblings. Her mom and grandma own a drugstore and business is not looking so hot right now. Until homecoming queen shows up with a beauty disaster... If you would like to find out more you can read the book My Life in Pink & Green.
Gabrielle Aaronson
This book was fantastic because this girl was working at a pharmacy and it seems so real to me because it's half pharmacy and half makeup and beauty! They are starting to lose the pharmacy so they have to make a plan with her friends from Earth Club. Lucy and her friends start to make plans on how they could save there pharmacy. Lucy's mom and grandma are starting to worry that Lucy and her friends aren't going to be able to save it and they'll have to close there pharmacy. If they close the pha ...more
Heather
As if 7th grade isn't difficult enough - dealing with 8th graders and first crushes - Lucy has to worry about her family's livelihood as well. Her family's pharmacy, complete with soda fountain and grill, simply isn't the hang-out it once was. Lucy decides to take matters into her own hands - adding make-over services and designing a business plan for an eco-spa, but will this all help - will anyone take a business plan from a 7th grader seriously?

Enchanting story with a strong female protagonis
Kaleigh Clow
12 year old lucy is a natural at problem solving,lucy her mom and grand mother all work at there family pharmacy. which used to be a great place to hang out but after her grandfather was gone business went down hill.

Un till after the local homecoming queen came into there pharmacy with a beauty disaster that lucy fixed she had a line of girls makeup to do for all the school dances.

lucy has a solution to fix the pharmacy, but will her mother and grandmother stop fighting and lisen to 12 year old
Abigail
My Life in PInk and Green is a story about a girl that lives in a small apartment with her mother and grandmother. Her mother and grandmother own a pharmacy. But when the pharmacy starts to go out of business she tries to solve the problem by trying to convince her mother to turn the store into an eco friendly spa, but her mother doesn't totally agree. They decide to start off with adding a relaxation room. She also has a best friend that she does everything with, but when for some reason she st ...more
Heather
12 year old Lucy lives with her mom and Grandma, who run a local pharmacy. Lucy has spent her whole life helping out at the Old Mill Pharmacy, but times are tough and it looks like they might have to sell the place. Then Lucy comes up with an idea to expand buisness, go green and utilize her make-up skills - will it be enough to save the store?

This is a cute book. Lucy is likeable (if a little too good to be true) and I love the "feel" of the pharmacy. It makes me think of a beach read for 5th -
Ella
I loved this book. I definitely recommend it. It's about this girl and the troubles she goes through with the pharmacy her and her family own, and her life in seventh grade. It may sound boring but it's really not at all it's basically about this girl and her life in seventh grade. I read this book a while ago and I read the second one in the series called My Summer in Pink and Green when you finish this book I also recommend reading the second, it's just as good if not better! (I couldn't put e ...more
7706anjali
"My Life In Pink And Green," by Lisa Greenwald, is about a girl, Lucy Desberg who is determined to save her families pharmacy. Lucy wants it to be a place where people come to hang out, have fun, relax. In order to achieve this though, Lucy has to spend a lot of hard work, time and effort. She has to research ways to help her families business become "green", but her "green" idea also has to be the key way to make the business succeed.
I think anyone who enjoys stories about strong, smart girls,
Maren2014
Natalie Stahl
I really liked the book called My Life in Pink & Green. I liked how a girl tried so hard to do something and succeeded and she is 12, my age. I also feel bad for her because everyone is rejecting her ideas even though I think the are good ones. This book has a lot of twists and turns, and some of them are expected and some of them aren't. There is a second book and I can't wait to see how a Lucy (the main character) uses her perseverance to help her succeed in life.

This book is like a mix of
Katie Michaels
My life in Pink and Green by Lisa Greenwald. This story is about a 12 year old girl, Lucy, whose family owns a pharmacy. Unfortunately the pharmacy isn't going so well, not enough people are coming/buying products, so that means their not getting much money. One day a local High Schooler comes in the store with a hair and makeup disaster, she needs to fix it right away because Prom is that night. Lucy helps her because she has experience with makeup and hair. Her older sister and her would alway ...more
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Lucy is supposed to be 12 in this book. Her perception of life doesn't really fit with any 12-year-olds that I know. Good idea, but really? I think Lucy is really 15 going on 20 for most of the book and 10 for the rest of it. (She has great fasion, make-up, school, outlook on life/what is really important, and business sense while not knowing how to act around a grumpy best friend.) I just couldn't pretend that the unbelievable characterization didn't bug me after a while.
Cececatch
I loved this book. I thought it was awesome the way it had ended because no one believed that Lucy could save the pharmacy with the makeup and relaxation room. But that ended up being very successful because the all the girls from town came to get their makeup done! On top of that in the last chapter the Mayor got back to Lucy and he approved the grant! I love the message in this book which is that you are never too young to make a difference in the world.
Christina
This book was a okay book for me . At first I thought it would be more like a girly , but not to girly. My life in pink and green talked about makeup tips and it's setting was really werid . Something's I didn't like from the book was that the author made the plot in a pharmacy and changed it into a spa. I really didn't get that part of the book. Another thing that I really didn't like is this book is made more for middle school students , but they make it seem for high school students.
When I f
my life too 3 18 Apr 02, 2013 09:08AM
question 27 75 Oct 01, 2012 08:12AM
  • Models Don't Eat Chocolate Cookies
  • The Cupcake Queen
  • Dear Pen Pal (The Mother-Daughter Book Club, #3)
  • Finally (Willow Falls, #2)
  • Change of a Dress (Cinderella Cleaners, #1)
  • The Kind of Friends We Used To Be
  • It's Raining Cupcakes
  • Girls Acting Catty (Annabelle Unleashed, #2)
  • Forget Me Not (Wedding Planner's Daughter, #4)
  • I So Don't Do Mysteries
  • The Secret Identity of Devon Delaney
  • Eleven (The Winnie Years, #2)
  • Confetti Girl
  • Save the Cupcake! (Confectionately Yours, #1)
  • Umbrella Summer
A long bio can be kind of boring, so instead I'm going to pretend
that a famous journalist (maybe Barbara Walters) is interviewing me.
The only thing is, I'm making up the questions.
If you think of any other questions you'd like me to answer, send me an email and ask away!

Q. Where did you grow up?
A. I lived in Fairfield, Connecticut until the end of fifth grade and then I moved to Roslyn Heights
More about Lisa Greenwald...
Sweet Treats & Secret Crushes My Summer of Pink & Green (Pink & Green, #2) Reel Life Starring Us Welcome to Dog Beach Pink & Green Is the New Black (Pink & Green, #3)

“Because this time he's holding my hand and not letting go. And I'm not letting go either.” 26 likes
“When you buy a new pair of shoes you can start all fresh again and have confendce on what you are going” 14 likes