Start by marking “United Moon Colonies” as Want to Read:
United Moon Colonies

United Moon Colonies

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  75 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Richard Chong just led the United Moon Colonies to victory over the Fundamentalist Union, or Fundys, saving Earth from a totalitarian madman. Now as the Moon finally gains respect on its parent planet, a new madman wants to kill Chong. But it's not all about the President. They have an even more insidious plot to rule both worlds and bring the Fundys back for good.
ebook
Published August 27th 2011 by Self Published (first published August 2011)

To ask other readers questions about United Moon Colonies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about United Moon Colonies

Philip
This is a really fun book. The story moved along at a brisk pace with plenty of twists and turns. After listening to Tom Merritt on countless podcasts over the years I think I have a bit of a feel for his personality, it was fun to see it coming through in this story. Mostly I'd say this is a Sci-Fi thriller, with some humor mixed in and a dash of hard boiled style to it. Merritt did a good job with the narration of the audio book. The mistakes in his reading were minor and easily forgivable. It ...more
Alfredo
This is a fast pace, very engaging and interesting read. The topic of a religious war combined with Moon colonies makes it both a current and interesting book. The fact that Venezuela appears promptly, even if in the side of the bad guys, was just icing in the cake. My only criticism is the use of phrases like "he looks Venezuelan" I don't care how advance is the future, distinguishing between different nationalities in Latin America will always be more a question of accent than of looks.
Matthew
So my rating was a bit higher than most would expect. I enjoyed the book and note it probably could have used a bit more body to it, however, it was written in a month as part of NaNoRMo (or however you abbreviate it). I enjoy the others work on Buzz Out Loud, Tech News Today and The Sword and Laser Book Club so it was nice to see this side of him as well. Interesting to see if there is a part two.
Bill Nobes
Got it from Amazon to support one of my favorite podcasters and was expecting to write a polite review. Turns out I can write a very honest review and say I quite enjoyed it. There were some hints of Slippery Jim DiGriz with a little Scalzi for flavor. Nice work Mr. Merritt!
Sean
Not a stellar read, but produced enough moments to be enjoyable. It was a National Novel Writing Month project, so that makes it more impressive.
Robert
A well done (especially for a Nanomo project) science fiction yarn.

The characters are nicely fleshed out and the background story seems to hold up. I think the science part is a bit more space opera than hard science fiction but that is a stylistic choice.
Scott
Very interesting book dealing with politics in minor ways, but turns into a great adventure story of conspiracy and mistrust. The hero is believable and likable, as is his love interest and their relationship that adds a little lightness to the adventure. The universe of a future world where the Moon colonized and influential to the war torn Earth is something I'd like to see more of. It's a shorter book, but well worth the time.
Jim Corbett

An enjoyable read for a National Novel Writing Month book. It is paced well, with good suspension to keep you reading.
Michael
Really enjoyable, simple romp into the near future
Engy
Engy marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Aurora
Aurora marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Mark Scull
Mark Scull marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Kassandra
Kassandra marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Jeffrey Diuguid
Jeffrey Diuguid marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Scott Kelly
Scott Kelly marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Scott Whitlock
Scott Whitlock marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Rich Owings
Rich Owings marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
einarki
einarki marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Tom Merritt is a technology journalist and broadcaster. Tom has previously worked at TechTV, CNET and TWiT. He currently hosts the Sword and Laser book club podcast, Daily Tech News Show, Current Geek and Cordkillers among others.

photo by Andrew Mager
More about Tom Merritt...
Boiling Point Lot Beta A Chronology of Tech History Tech History November (The Year in Tech History) Tech History December (The Year in Tech History)