Start by marking “Denibus Ar” as Want to Read:
Denibus Ar

Denibus Ar

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The discovery of a six-sided pyramid creates a stir in the archaeological world. A team of international archaeologists are sent to excavate the site in the bleak Sahara; however, in the midst of unexplained phenomena, military corruption and paranormal sightings, they uncover a sinister presence.

When Australian archaeologist Carl Langley experiences visions and protectiv
Published (first published August 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Denibus Ar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Denibus Ar

Lori
Oct 09, 2011 Lori rated it liked it
Recommended to Lori by: Title / Author / ISBN
Shelves: paranormal, suspense
This novel rests on the question of whether mankind will find out about the always intriguing Egyptian ruins of a past or whether the past will find present-day human kind.

Deep down in the catacombs of newly found ancient ruin (Denibus Ar) two archaeologists (originally part of a great team of higher archaeologists) get not only the chance of a lifetime of finding a great six sided pyramid but perhaps begin to feel and be guided by the very ~presence~ of who and what lived in an ancient city 50
Webbweaver Reviews
Apr 09, 2012 Webbweaver Reviews rated it really liked it
Denibus Ar holds secrets best left alone. Death traps fit for Indiana Jones and protective magic that Evvie and O’Connell would understand are what awaits readers who dare to open the cover and take in these pages by Chris Tuner.

Older than the Valley of the Kings, Denibus Ar has lain hidden under the desert sands for hundreds of thousands of years and holds secrets so old that even legend has forgotten them. What happens when the sight is eventually discovered and unearthed by a team of archeol
CK
Nov 30, 2011 CK rated it it was amazing
DENIBUS AR by Chris Turner had received 5 stars (the highest possible score) from The Hampton Reviews and totally grabbed my attention. After reading the sample on Amazon, I knew this was my kind of adventure! DENIBUS AR is beautifully written, and the language and descriptions of this fantastic place are magnificent. I was taken in by this author's powerful prose, eloquence, and fluency.

A plane crashes in the white Sahara sand and an American Greek pilot uncovers an amazing discovery that will
Vanessa
Oct 14, 2011 Vanessa rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-library
The main issue I had with this book was, it wasn’t as thrilling as I had expected it should be. Perhaps I had been watching ‘The Mummy’ too many times that I thought Denibus Ar would somehow match its ‘wow’ factor though not entirely. When the author described the story as supernatural thriller, I anticipated scary mummies, angry Pharaohs, dirty scandals and acts of betrayal happening that give rise to the six-sided pyramid. I was a bit disappointed because the prologue somehow gave me that vagu ...more
Stephanie Wolf
May 16, 2012 Stephanie Wolf rated it it was amazing
If you like reading about ancient Egypt, the Queens and Kings of long ago, their riches and their treasures, buried with them in pyramids, the archaeologists who long to discover them and the thieves who try to steal everything, then you will like this story.

Travel along with Carl Langley, a group of others and a mysterious cat who have discovered a six-sided pyramid and the maze like passages underneath. Some things are better left alone and the most evil sometimes get what they deserve.

Extreme
Mike  Davis
Oct 10, 2011 Mike Davis rated it liked it
The author combines a knowledge of Egyptian archaeology with a bit of paranormal contact to create an Indiana Jones type action novel consisting of a mythical hidden pyramid that is temporarily discovered beneath the sand and then reburied and forgotten. Turner considers in the adventure the haunting question of whether ancient relics should be left as intended by their builders, or exhumed and displayed in public museums for public observation and study. The book is well written and sprinkled w ...more
Donna
Oct 14, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it
Received this book from LibraryThing Member Giveaways for an honest review.

Books with an archaeology theme are my downfall. I just can't get enough of them. Throw in a paranormal aspect and I'm in heaven. This book was no exception. The author has an impressive ability to combine Egyptian archeology and the paranormal aspect of a "mystical connection with a long dead Pharaoh of UpperEgypt".
I enjoyed reading this story and hope for more from this author.
I liked the main character of Carl Langley
Krizia Anna
May 18, 2016 Krizia Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: chris-turner
It was okay. It was way better than Mr. Turner's short story anthology. It was more engaging and I think I had more connection with the characters than his other stories. However, I was quite expecting it to be a horror novel but it was not. I guess it was supposed to be a suspense-thriller novel but I am still waiting to be suspended and thrilled. The book was very much anti-climactic, a bit of a let down, a disappointment thus the 3 stars. (BTW, I got this book for free in return for a review) ...more
Lindsey  (AlexLux) Gage
Nov 23, 2011 Lindsey (AlexLux) Gage rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
It was long-winded, for lack of a better word. Tons and tons of detail, everything is detailed. The setting is beautifully explained. But then we begin to lose the plot. A plot point is mentioned, then the setting is painfully described, then it meanders back to the original point.

I could see other people really liking this book. The author really seems to know their stuff. I just couldn't get into it.
Barb
Feb 26, 2012 Barb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as part of the member's review program at Librarything.com. I enjoyed the storyline and characters, although it did move a bit slow at the beginning. The author was very detailed with descriptions, and I found myself losing focus with some of that. Overall, it was a good read and I would purchase from this author again.
Elizabeth
Mar 20, 2013 Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Wordy archeological adventure following a group opening an unknown tomb. If you can get past the first couple of chapters it is a pretty good read. The story does pick up speed and become a decent thriller type story and other than the beginnng being so slow this was an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon in the sun.
Deux Voiliers
Dec 23, 2012 Deux Voiliers rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Denibus Ar. Chris Turner really hit it on the nail in bringing together adventure and Egyptian archaelogy. A recommended read!
Kaye Booth
Apr 09, 2012 Kaye Booth rated it really liked it
Read my review of "Denibus Ar" here:
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2012
Nathan Grosse
Nathan Grosse rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2012
CK
CK rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2011
1000 +
1000 + marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2011
Marie Harbon
Marie Harbon is currently reading it
Feb 22, 2012
Erik Gustafson
Erik Gustafson marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2012
Rachelle
Rachelle marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2011
Terre
Terre marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2011
Jacque
Jacque rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2011
Chris is a prolific author of fantasy, adventure and science fiction. His writing spans many genres: heroic fantasy, sword and sorcery and speculative fiction. His books include: the Rogues of Bindar series, Future Destinies, Fantastic Realms and Denibus Ar.

Chris is also a prolific painter, with nearly a thousand oil art works to his name. He has also been involved in extensive studio recording. A
More about Chris Turner...