A Parrot In My Soup

A Parrot In My Soup

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Many of his stories are of comparisons of his simple life in rural French versus the similar village called ROCK where he was brought up in UK. Nobody is safe as he rants away about everything from the French peasants to the British expats, from red tape to red politics and from cheap wine to the price of sandwiches. Read it and weep.
Published August 8th 2011 by Andy Frazier, via Smashwords (first published May 1st 2011)

Jacqueline
This book is a collection of snippets of Andy's life in South West France and an enjoyable, easy read. Andy has a great sense of humour, maybe not to everyone's taste (think Clarksonesque), but certainly to mine (and my husband's). He got so fed up of me chuckling away and constantly reading bits out to him that he decided to read it too and it is not often we have the same taste in books.

Despite him covering as many lows as highs in his life, I found both it and the follow up book Who the Heck...more
Rachel
Sep 04, 2013 Rachel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this book or not but it was on my kindle so I must have purchased it for a reason. I personally cannot relate to the author having never lived abroad, but I found it really funny. It did have some sad moments, which were very personal to the author, but his overall views of the French really amused me, especially the one who turned up for the rugby with wine and then promptly left once the game was over. It was split up over a period of time focusing on month...more
Pat O'driscoll
Some of this book is really funny as the author passes his opinions on a host of subjects. But then other bits are interesting as he pulls together snippets of life in France in what sounsd like an idylic lifestyle. I like this guy as he seems like he has been around!
Richard E
this was a great read about a character living in France. Made me laugh plenty.
Sounds like a good life this guy has over there.
Well wortha read if you fancy a chuckle. Well written too
Paul
Paul is currently reading it
Jul 06, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Roberto Vidal
Roberto Vidal marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2012
Karen (Kew)
Karen (Kew) marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2012
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2012
Truitti
Truitti marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2011