Start by marking “If You Like Monty Python...: Here Are Over 200 Movies, TV Shows, and Other Oddities That You Will Love” as Want to Read:

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  3 reviews
(If You Like). From their perfectly insane television show to their consistently irreverent and riotous movies, Monty Python has owned the zany and absurd side of comedy since their debut. Their influence can be felt in every comedy show that followed them, from Saturday Night Live and Second City television, to The Kids in the Hall, not to mention all the laughs writ larg ...more
Published December 1st 2011 by Limelight Editions

To ask other readers questions about If You Like Monty Python..., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Like Monty Python...

Cale
Well, according to their list, I'm pretty well on in related movies/TV's and other materials. I've seen 55 of the 75 recommended movies, 14 entire runs and 7 significant portions of the 50 TV shows listed, and 18 of the 46 other oddities recommended.

The book is interesting and gives a little bit of reasoning behind why their recommendations are related, although a number of them seem a bit of a stretch. But still, in general the quality of the recommendations is pretty good, and the bibliograph
Brendan
I started reading this, but his discussion of the plot of everything he recommended grew tedious in five pages. I wanted to hear why I should try other media, not hear the plots for all of them. So I flipped through and found the appendix at the back. That list was exactly what I needed and I copied it to have later.

Also, his list about Monty Python quotes and when to use them was a little forced. His attempt to be humorous there fell a little flat in my opinion.
John Hutchens
interesting book that explores the comedy genere. Fun and light hearted to read
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Zach Opsitnick
Zach Opsitnick marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
John Barclay
John Barclay marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Ido
Ido marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Monique Hurley
Monique Hurley marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Chi Dubinski
Chi Dubinski marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012
Vestal Public Library
Vestal Public Library marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2012
BlueGryphon
BlueGryphon marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2012
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2012
If You Like Monty Python...: Here Are Over 200 Movies, TV Shows and Other Oddities That You Will Love Video Games Are No Fun Kill Screen, Issue 0 Kill Screen Issue One: The No Fun Issue (Kill Screen, 1)