Start by marking “Mirror Image (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mirror Image (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #2)

Mirror Image (Tom Clancy's Op-Center #2)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  2,590 ratings  ·  32 reviews
The Cold War is over, and chaos is setting in. The new President of Russia is trying to create a new democratic regime. But there are strong elements within the country that are trying to stop him: the ruthless Russian Mafia, the right-wing nationalists, and even revanchist Czarists. Op-Center, the newly founded but highly successful crisis management team, begins a race a ...more
MP3 Book
Published May 31st 2011 by Books on Tape, Inc. (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Mirror Image, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirror Image

I was a bit sceptical towards this book as Tom Clancy is known by being the master of the techno-thriller genre, which is not my thing. I don't like much technological description, as it happens on Atlantis by David Gibbins. Fortunately the description of the electronic elements isn't extent, just the necessary to understand which use they have on the story.

I actually liked the story, though at the beginning I thought I would suffer from jet-lag. The chapters jump from a geographical point to
Noel Burke
I'll admit, I was expecting a lot more after finishing the Jack Ryan series. This was the first book in a medium size series. This story started out slow and remained slow. You don't get to anything exiting until about 75% of the book is through (if you make it through). The story line was ok, I just wish that there was a little more activity going on. The end was decent. This book goes to show you that it does not take much to start an international incident. One thing I thought was unlikely wa ...more
Jan Kozák
I don't know, maybe I'm just growing old...but as much as I was loyal Clancyist in the past, I'm less and less amused with every next book, as I work through Clancy's bibliography. Things I've been accepting in previous books (clichés, pathos, repeating plot schemes, predictable conclusions, somewhat flat characters suiting typical movie hero templates etc.) are now becoming bigger and bigger obstacle for me and I simply cannot fall for the book anymore.

And Mirror Image is exactly the case. If
Evan O'neill
This book is part of a series of Books known as the op-center. In this book the newly elected leader of Russi after the Cold War is planning to rebuild the Russian Empire, but there are people who want to go back to the days of the Czar. Then there is a Russian op-center that matches the U.S. op-center alomost evenly. This book is suspenseful and has alot of action but, it is very long.
Sushant Joshi
Juan Navarro
Two stars is being pretty generous with this one. This is the second in the Op Center series of novels that bears Tom Clancy's name, though he is not the author. The story involves a faction within the Russian government trying to re-establish the Soviet Union and the efforts of the Op Center people to prevent this. The truth is that this book was a bore from start to finish, without much drama and extremely poor characters.

As usual with Clancy products, you cannot tell the characters apart and
This novel was significantly better than the last one I finished by Tom Clancy. I know I am reading the books out of order, but still I find them to be very entertaining. I like how Tom Clancy makes all of the military and political scenarios seem so feasible, it draws the reader in more as we can imagine how our governments and various entities would actually react to these extreme circumstances present in the novel.
Read long time ago. Early 90s, some Russians try to restore the USSR, American special unit tries to stop them. Generally not very interesting, with several stupid moments, but ok as an entertainment for a teenager without high expectations.
I enjoyed it. There are a lot of things going on but the break of the chapters keep the story lines separated.
Bryan Smith
Mirror Image was an a deeply enthralling governemtn conspiracy thriller. I have never been a avid fan of Clancy or other government conspiracy fiction writers, but I will say that Mirror Image has changed by minde on this genre. Character development within both compeating Op-Centers if very through and the reader is drawn to develop a considerable connetion with both Antagonist and Protagonist. Mirror Image also does an exemplary job of characterizing the tension between to superpowers sometime ...more
Andrew Neill
I enjoyed entering this hi-tech world in the first book but felt that this book was a massive step back in the world, I will still read the books but hope that they will develop the characters a bit more. The issue was that it felt like there were 4 or 5 books before this rather than just 1. They created so many new characters and had to develop them that the returning characters were a bit lost in the action.
When a character in the book is described as a Finnish tall black haired Lapp who is proud of his Viking ancestors, you know someone didn't do their homework very well. This together with a few historical errors and spelling mistakes made me wonder how much of the other "historical fact" was in fact fiction? But not enough to put down the book :)
A shame. There just seemed to be potential for a much more interesting plot in a duel between two op centers pitted against each other. At least the invasion of the ukraine or the terrorist plots could have yielded something. Instead we're stuck with a near useless mission to St. Petersburg and a train robbery.
This book kept the action moving but introduced so many characters that I wasn't sure which ones I was supposed to focus on until almost the end. I hate that. I can't keep track of 50 government employees with similar sounding positions! However, it was a fun, adventurous book that was also clean.
I am really enjoying this series. I usually read crime type books but the structure of this series is equal to anything I have read in other series. The character development and introduction of the new players are well planned and executed. I can't wait to start the next one.
I do not recall this book, but I do recall reading it. I ripped off about three of them before I called it quits. Easy enough read, but not as compelling as Clancy's real work.
Clancy's second installment to the Op-Center series, This book gets you thinking about our relationship with Russia, since the end of the Cold War. I couldn't put it down.
Corey Tardif
Not too bad a book, there were a lot of characters to keep track of, but it was a good Techno-Thriller.
I read this so long ago. But now going through my books and getting rid of some!
Wow, what a slow ass book. Really, its slower than mollasses in January.
Don M
Don't Want to Read (but they don't give this option!)
Cheap knock-off of Clancy. Formulaic and predictable.
Good book looking forward to the next one ...
Another fun Tom Clancy read.
  • Cold War (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #5)
  • Cybernation (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #6)
  • SSN: A Strategy Guide to Submarine Warfare
  • Checkmate (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #3)
  • EndWar (Tom Clancy's Endwar, #1)
  • The Deadliest Game (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #2)
  • Endgame (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #6)
  • Gameprey (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #11)
  • Conviction (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #5)

Tom Clancy's Op-Center (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Op-Center (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #1)
  • Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #3)
  • Acts of War (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #4)
  • Balance of Power (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #5)
  • State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)
  • Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #7)
  • Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8)
  • Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #9)
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
  • Call to Treason (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #11)
Acts of War (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #4) Op-Center (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #1) Balance of Power (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #5) Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8) State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)

“It was said that trials were what made the victory so sweet, but Herbert never bought that. From where he sat, he’d settle for having the victories come a little easier now and then. . . .” 0 likes