Start by marking “Carciphona Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Carciphona Volume 1

Carciphona Volume 1 (Carciphona #1)

"In a time where magic is forbidden, a sorceress struggles to restore her once peaceful life."

Magic blessed the world with impossible power, but it also cursed the world with Carciphonas: humans whose souls are infected by Demon spirits. Four years after the Prohibition of magic was established, a sorceress still lived hidden away giving up her freedom in exchange for peac
Published April 2011

To ask other readers questions about Carciphona Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carciphona Volume 1

Kristalia
Final rating: 4.75/5 stars

I found this series because i saw the art related to Carciphona by the original artist on deviantart. I was captivated by the artwork and by the composition of it - and then i saw that it was a webcomic that is free to read (and buy if you wish, and if you are able to).

I have read the whole series in one day. The comic currently has 14 chapters, and 5 volumes. Art is really gorgeous and detailed (especially in the later volumes). Not to mention character design! It's g
Claire
Amazing artwork, amazing story, phenomenal concept...Yep, this webcomic's got it all. If you're into comics, esp. manga, I strongly suggest you read it. I DEMAND, HARMAN, THAT YOU READ THIS. NOW.

www.carciphona.com
Sandy
Sep 04, 2011 Sandy rated it liked it
I discovered this story through the amazing art posted on Shilin Huang’s deviantart account and once I found out the art was part of a manga of hers I followed the link she posted and read volume 1 in one sitting. Carciphona is a high fantasy set in an alternate universe where demon magic or common magic that used to be practiced freely and without fear of persecution became outlawed after the appearance of an assassin who basically wreaked havoc on the world. And the reason this assassin’s appe ...more
Sam
Jan 28, 2017 Sam rated it really liked it
I think I've read and reread this series a hundred times, but I wanted to give it another go, as it's been a while since I've started from the beginning. It's actually quite funny to look back at the first volume and see such a striking difference in the art style and quality. I've been a follower and fan of Shilin since...wow, many many years now, and it's been an absolute privilege to see her work all this time.

That irrelvancies aside (haha sorry, fangirl'd for a moment), this ongoing series h
Mike
Jun 07, 2014 Mike rated it really liked it
Recommended to Mike by: Webcomic Wonderland Group
Quick thoughts: A bit too much "telling instead of showing" here and there, but it's mostly to set up backstory and the world. Pretty good overall. Solid world building. nice character beats and the treatment of magic is quite interesting. The art compliments the story well and there are some particularly neat pages that use shading to identify things/conversations happening in the background. Really picks up towards the end of the volume.
Angela
Sep 24, 2015 Angela rated it it was amazing
I stumbled across Shilin on Facebook and have been stalking her pages ever since, on Facebook and deviant Art. Her artwork caught my eyes and now I am finally reading her manga. I love the world she is building here and the characters are easily likeable. I found myself flipping through the pages pretty fast, eager to see the secrets behind Veloce and Blackbird. Originality, beautiful artwork, intriguing storyline.cant wait to see where it leads.
Christina
Mar 09, 2015 Christina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga
Absolutely Fabulous. A grand work of literature and art.
Lissa
Lissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2014
Kristina
Kristina rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012
Kevin Dempsey
Kevin Dempsey rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it really liked it
Nov 23, 2014
Aphelion
Aphelion rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Martin Svinka
Martin Svinka rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2017
Cláudia Sousa
Cláudia Sousa rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Anka
Anka rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2014
Elena
Elena rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2014
Aya Youssef
Aya Youssef rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Andreea Wolf
Andreea Wolf rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2013
Raquel Leite
Raquel Leite rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
Lingwisyer
Lingwisyer rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2013
Caterina C.
Caterina C. rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2013
Blanka
Blanka rated it liked it
May 10, 2017
Nell
Nell rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2012
krad
krad rated it liked it
May 13, 2015
JP Ricciuto
JP Ricciuto rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2014
Lau
Lau rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2017
Keltaren
Keltaren rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Webcomic Wonderland: August 14 - Carciphona 3 7 Aug 19, 2014 01:15PM
I'm a freelance illustrator and spend most of my time working on my series, Carciphona (:

Carciphona: http://carciphona.com
Homepage: http://shilin.net
Twitter: http://twitter.com/okolnir

Bookshop: http://shilin.storenvy.com

Deviantart: http://shilin.deviantart.com
Tumblr: http://okolnir.tumblr.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/ashenray
Facebook (Carciphona): http://facebook.com/carciphona
More about Shilin Huang...

Carciphona (4 books)