Start by marking “Return of the Mummy (Classic Goosebumps #18)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Mummy (Classic Goosebumps #18)

Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps #23)

3.5  ·  Rating Details ·  3,855 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
Get Goosebumps with the startling repackage of a best selling classic. Now with bonus materials! After last year's scary adventure, Gabe's a little nervous about being back in Egypt. Back near the ancient pyramids. Back where he saw all those creepy mummies. Then he learns about an Egyptian superstition. A secret chant that is supposed to bring mummies back to life. Gabe's ...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Mummy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Mummy

Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ένα από τα βιβλία της σειράς που με απογοήτευσε σε αρκετά μεγάλο βαθμό και αυτό γιατί είναι σχεδόν όμοιο με το πρώτο. Δεν λέω... δεν περίμενα να υπάρχει τρελή διαφοροποίηση στο story line, δεδομένου ότι κανένα sequel της σειράς δεν το κάνει, αλλά θα ήθελα να μην ακολουθείται η αρχική πλοκή σχεδόν κατά γράμμα, προσφέροντάς μου ένα αίσθημα αγωνίας. Κάτι να έχω να περιμένω, βρε αδερφέ...
Carmen
Apr 28, 2015 Carmen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
I liked this book. We're back in Egypt with Gabe and Sari, some of the few non-white protagonists in the Goosebumps series. Sari is still an obnoxious little brat, and turning 13 has made Gabe into something of a flirt. He flirts with two adult women in this book: the flight stewardess and Nila!

Once again, Sari and Gabe are spending the summer with Sari's father, Ben. He is a renowned archeologist. They are just about to open the tomb of Khor-Ru, who was King Tut's cousin, or something.

One bad s
Kaitlyn
May 13, 2009 Kaitlyn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was a serious let down. It was almost the same as the first book to this one. Really you would think R.L. Stine could come up with something better, I mean he's written at least 30 books!
Anyway, the story takes place in Cairo, Egypt and Sari (Gabe's cousin) Uncle Ben, and Gabe are off again exploring a four thousand year old pyramid. Except this time they are about to open a tomb door that belongs to Prince Kahru.
Soon, Gabe and Sari get worried that Uncle Ben might be Falling for a la
Megan
This could've been a good story, but the ending left a lot to be desired. I was left with too many questions about what had happen, and I didn't like that at all. Gabe and Sari weren't all that likable, so reading the book took a while to read because of it. Just an okay book to me.
Kevin Xu
Jan 13, 2011 Kevin Xu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my most favorite Goosbumps book, if this happened I would just be dead, my greatest fear
shawnna
gabe is back. he's flying back to egypt to attend "the grand public opening" of the pyramid his uncle ben was excavating. we are also reunited with sari and of course his uncle ben, they drive straight to the pyramids from the airport. uncle ben informs gabe that instead of a hotel in cario, they will be stayin in the pyramid hilton, which is what he calls tents inside the pyramid.

uncle ben announces that him and his team are very close to breaking a seal on a tomb. we get the first taste of exc
Atharva
Jan 06, 2017 Atharva rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The second in the Mummy Series from Goosebumps. Almost like the first one but recruiting nor character and a grand big pyramid. Sari and Uncle Ben are back and I still love Saris attitude and competitiveness.
The story is not much gold but gets well and progressive but is not scary in the least. There are a few connections about the ancient dummy and the relics. I like the parts about the new discovery and the character of Nils but apart from that the book is dull and boring.

Plot

Gabe Sabryis flyi
Sarah (onecurvyblogger)

This review was originally posted on One Curvy Blogger

R.L. Stine was one of my first favorite authors growing up and the goosebumps series my first fiction love. When I saw my library had the new classic goosebumps audiobooks, I was thrilled! I never did read every single goosebumps book like I wanted to, and I have wanted to delve back into the series since I have found a new love for middle grade books this year.

Return of the Mummyis the second mummy book in the classic goosebumps series. Ga
Donna
So I think Stine’s real comfort zone is middle grade. I think Goosebumps, while at times silly, have far more developed plots, settings, and characters than his young adult stuff. In RETURN OF THE MUMMY, for instance, Stine takes his time setting the scene of Gabe going to Egypt and developing the setting while in Egypt at the dig site. The visual is much more real in my head than reading most of his YA stuff because, I think, so much of the book is setting up the creepy part to come.

Gabe and hi
Jay
Apr 21, 2015 Jay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Return of the Mummy" is the sequel to "Curse of the Mummy's Tomb", a Goosebumps book I thought was kind of up and down. And interestingly, it was one of the few that didn't really end in a cliffhanger. So the fact that there is even a sequel is kind of surprising. Luckily, Return of the Mummy is better than the first.

What I liked about the first is that the adults actually play an important part of the book. Uncle Ben is still his goofy mummy-searching self. He has a sketchy partner and there
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Return of the Mummy
Series: Goosebumps #23
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

This book is a sequel to book #4 of the Goosebumps series and it takes place a year later when Gabe goes back to Egypt to visit his Uncle Ben and cousin Sari again.

I always liked this book, but it was never one of my favourites as there are much better books in the series. I think that the first part of these mini series with the big series is always the best on
Veronica Ika
Aug 15, 2015 Veronica Ika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
"There's no way that moldy old mummified prince is going to come back to life just because I recite 6 words I don't even know the meaning of."

It's another adventure Gabe has with his Uncle Ben and Cousin Sari in archaeological world. Today, they make a great discovery, the tomb of the ancient prince from 4 thousand years ago witnessed by a reporter named Nila. But the discovery leads to something else when the reporter demands to know the six ancient words and speak them out loud five times...

Th
Joey the J in R.J. Spindle
Yes, another sequel. I was excited going into this one, and after a few chapters, I'm still feeling pretty good about it. Sari is still a jerk. I wouldn't blame Gabe if he DID decide to take a swing at her. Of course he won't. He's very well behavied. Gabe pretty much does what he is told.

Read more chapter-by-chapter commentary at R. J. Spindle
David Santos
Oct 06, 2011 David Santos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book to Goosebumps book number 5 "The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb." I really like that there are two main characters. While it is in first person, Gabe is almost always with Sari, and their interaction makes it a fun read. A nice little twist near the end. This book is more scifish. You have mummy's, chants and other weird things, but still an enjoyable read. Uncle Ben is not a boring character. Alot like me. Wise yet humorous!
May 15, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this bood 3 stars is because i thought it was really confusing. I didnt know where they were are what they were doing. After I read this book I would maybe read it again. The ending was decent, they saolved the mistery of what happened to the mummy and Jack and Amy were happy the never had to go to the pyrimids again.
Katey
Oct 29, 2015 Katey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: film-adaptations
I enjoyed this book. I don't know if it was because it took place in a different country or what, but I thought it was exciting. I don't know what the twist was, but I could probably come up with some hunches.
Jose Ayala
the book was so cool.Because the mummy comes out and try's to stop the kids.But the kids run as fast as they can.Also it comes out of no where and then the kids start running and then it is also so funny.
Aug 17, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2g-4g, read-aloud
My 6-year old daughter LOVED it. She's a new recruit to the genre ;)
Darcy McLaughlin
For some reason, RL Stine decided the fans were just clamouring for more mummy stories after the truly amazing Curse of the Mummy (book 5). I sure hope Gabe gets lost after trying to tie his shoes again!

Anyway, our book begins with our super cool hero Gabe flying on a plane all by himself like a big boy and getting fresh with a flight attendant. He's so smooth he's scoring extra peanuts while telling her about her Uncle Ben and his vast rice fortune. Sorry, his Uncle Ben is still in those Egypti
Katy
Nov 08, 2016 Katy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some background—I have fond memories of the Goosebump books, and some memories of the original TV show. I decided to reread these old classics and see if they still held up for a modern-day adult horror enthusiast. Since I don’t expect any kids who might be reading these books for the first time to find this, all reviews will contain spoilers.

All right, a sequel to what I so far consider to be the best Goosebump book of them all! Obviously I didn’t read this as a kid or see the TV episode (thoug
Taylor Morrison
Miya F
Oct 05, 2016 Miya F rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The main plot of the story is about a kids uncle his nephew and his daughter. They travel all the way to Egypt to uncover this mummy that has been there for many years. And throughout the story they have many hard obstacles and problems that they need to get through to be able to uncover this mummy. And you will also have to see if they are able to uncover the mummy and see if it was all a lie or the people were telling the truth about the mummy. You will also have to see if they make it out of ...more
Victoria Zigler
Oct 16, 2016 Victoria Zigler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A perfect addition to the Goosebumps series, and a great creepy read in general.
PSU
Oct 05, 2016 PSU rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gabe the main character was invited by his uncle ben to a pyramid they were searching or something they found a door. want to know whats behind the door? well read the book goosebumps "return of the mummy" to find out whats waiting for them behind the door i would reccomend this book to rodrigo for its horror/mystery/fiction.
Zac D.
Jan 17, 2015 Zac D. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Return of the Mummy is a short novella about the main protagonist, Gabe, returning to Egypt for summer vacation. He goes back to meet his Uncle Ben, a scientist with a team digging up a tomb of king Tut,and his cousin Sari. Though he is nervous, because last year (In the first book) he saw a bunch of mummies in the same area he's going to. When he arrives, his uncle is close to getting into the tomb and closer at finding out if the mummy can come to life. I felt that the book did a good job ...more
Chris
Sep 22, 2016 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very very fun
Hilary
Readers Beware, you're in for a R.L. Stine sequel!

I previously praised The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb for evoking severe claustrophobic feelings. The dark musty interior of the pyramids were brought to life, along with the terrifying possibility of venturing down those ancient halls and never finding your way back. You're stuck forever there, amongst the scarabs, scorpions, and spiders. You're stuck breathing the ancient air and choking on the dust of uncountable centuries.... This book didn't
Aurora Dimitre
I'm going to be completely honest here, the reason I read this now is because I'm currently reading The Stand, it's slow going sometimes with books over a thousand pages long, even if they are re-reads, and I needed to have something read by the end of the week, so I decided to re-read a childhood favorite. Because though the copy I read was not my copy as a child - it was, however, some kid named Mark's, who owned a yellow marker - but I do know that I had a copy as a child, it just... didn't s ...more
Glenn
Sep 30, 2013 Glenn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

The sequel to The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb. Gabe returns to Cairo to visit his cousin Sari and his uncle Ben, who is close to discovering an ancient sacred tomb. But when Gabe discovers a secret chant that supposedly wakes the dead, can he resist?

This book just seems like a rehash of the first. There weren't any new or interesting ideas which haven't already been done in previous books of the series. I was disappointed that there were hardly
Kayla Kitchens
This would be an entertaining book for students to get hooked into the series. However, as the book overall, it was a let down. If you had not read the first book--then you were missing crucial details. I had to read the summary of the first book to get the basic jest of the whole thing. It was unlike many series that I have read. For example, The Magic Treehouse, there are bounds of books in that series, but you don't have to read any of the others to fully enjoy the one you are reading. I do n ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: Return of the Mummy by R.L. Stine - August 18, 2016 13 58 Sep 12, 2016 05:26PM
  • The Attack (Animorphs, #26)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)