Start by marking “Return of the Mummy (Classic Goosebumps #18)” as Want to Read:
Return of the Mummy (Classic Goosebumps #18)

Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps #23)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  2,764 ratings  ·  64 reviews
Get Goosebumps with the startling repackage of a best selling classic. Now with bonus materials! After last year's scary adventure, Gabe's a little nervous about being back in Egypt. Back near the ancient pyramids. Back where he saw all those creepy mummies. Then he learns about an Egyptian superstition. A secret chant that is supposed to bring mummies back to life. Gabe's...more
Published August 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Return of the Mummy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Return of the Mummy

Carmen
Sep 27, 2014 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Shelves: children, fiction, horror
I liked this book. We're back in Egypt with Gabe and Sari, some of the few non-white protagonists in the Goosebumps series. Sari is still an obnoxious little brat, and turning 13 has made Gabe into something of a flirt. He flirts with two adult women in this book: the flight stewardess and Nila!

Once again, Sari and Gabe are spending the summer with Sari's father, Ben. He is a renowned archeologist. They are just about to open the tomb of Khor-Ru, who was King Tut's cousin, or something.

One bad s...more
Kaitlyn
This book was a serious let down. It was almost the same as the first book to this one. Really you would think R.L. Stine could come up with something better, I mean he's written at least 30 books!
Anyway, the story takes place in Cairo, Egypt and Sari (Gabe's cousin) Uncle Ben, and Gabe are off again exploring a four thousand year old pyramid. Except this time they are about to open a tomb door that belongs to Prince Kahru.
Soon, Gabe and Sari get worried that Uncle Ben might be Falling for a la...more
David Santos
The second book to Goosebumps book number 5 "The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb." I really like that there are two main characters. While it is in first person, Gabe is almost always with Sari, and their interaction makes it a fun read. A nice little twist near the end. This book is more scifish. You have mummy's, chants and other weird things, but still an enjoyable read. Uncle Ben is not a boring character. Alot like me. Wise yet humorous!
Joey the J in R.J. Spindle
Yes, another sequel. I was excited going into this one, and after a few chapters, I'm still feeling pretty good about it. Sari is still a jerk. I wouldn't blame Gabe if he DID decide to take a swing at her. Of course he won't. He's very well behavied. Gabe pretty much does what he is told.

Read more chapter-by-chapter commentary at R. J. Spindle
I gave this bood 3 stars is because i thought it was really confusing. I didnt know where they were are what they were doing. After I read this book I would maybe read it again. The ending was decent, they saolved the mistery of what happened to the mummy and Jack and Amy were happy the never had to go to the pyrimids again.
Kevin Xu
my most favorite Goosbumps book, if this happened I would just be dead, my greatest fear
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

The sequel to The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb. Gabe returns to Cairo to visit his cousin Sari and his uncle Ben, who is close to discovering an ancient sacred tomb. But when Gabe discovers a secret chant that supposedly wakes the dead, can he resist?

This book just seems like a rehash of the first. There weren't any new or interesting ideas which haven't already been done in previous books of the series. I was disappointed that there were hardly...more
Keegan
gabe and sari are visiting thier uncle ben again in egypt. Gabe still remembers the horrors that went down the last time he went to Egypt. This year he hopes that this trip will not be as scary as last yer, but tou dont always get what you wish for. The genre is horror and i really liked this books.
Kayla Kitchens
This would be an entertaining book for students to get hooked into the series. However, as the book overall, it was a let down. If you had not read the first book--then you were missing crucial details. I had to read the summary of the first book to get the basic jest of the whole thing. It was unlike many series that I have read. For example, The Magic Treehouse, there are bounds of books in that series, but you don't have to read any of the others to fully enjoy the one you are reading. I do n...more
Travis Smith
Your typical Egyptian curse buildup, the usual ineffective R.L. Stine fakeouts, and barely any mummy action. This makes me 1 for 12 with Goosebumps as an adult.
Purple
Aidan Michael
It was interesting and also because it was about the ancient Egyptian mummy that comes alive and his immortal scarab sister.
Josiah
This is an engaging light-horror story that followed up well to the original.
I did wonder, however, how Gabe could possibly take the curse of the newly found tomb (and the possibility that breaking the curse could bring a mummy to life) so lightly, considering the fact that he had seen the results of a similar curse being meddled with in the first book. In that same vein, I had to wonder why Gabe's Uncle Ben was also cavalier about the curse.
Return of the Mummy is a good story, though, and I...more
Freshy
the prequel was much creepier. this one's actually funny.
Noelle Walsh
Let me start by saying I like books involving Egypt, generally. I really enjoy learning about that country, and, while this book is fiction, I did like that it was set in Egypt. That being said, I enjoyed reading the book. It was a good reading experience.
Sofie
This book is 50% incomplete sentences. The author is redundant and wordy. I had such trouble getting my kids to sit and listen. I'm so glad it's over!
Reza
بازگشت مومیایی - ماجراهای هیجان انگیزی که مو به تنتان سیخ می کند
در مورد کتاب : بعد از ماجرای ترسناک سال گذشته (کیپ) به خاطر برگشت به مصر کمی نگران بود. بازگشت به اهرام قدیمی، بازگشت به جایی که مومییایی های ترسناک را دیده بود. او راجع به خرافه های مصر هم چیزهای زیادی شنیده بود.
یک ورد مرموز قدیمی که تصور می شد باعث زنده شدن مومیایی ها می شود که عموی (کیپ) آن را به عنوان یه لطیفه گفته بود. اما حالا او صداهایی شبیه صدای حرکت مومیایی ها در قبر می شنید. هیچ وقت این وردها نمی توانند مرده ها را زنده کنن...more
Chandler
Gabe is going to egypt again, but last time he got a necklace of a mummy hand which opened the tomb to the mummy and saved his life, so he is a little nervous about going back to egypt, but then he learns about the mummy's side he's on(Gabe's side) and there is a bigger threat

I personally didnt like this book because it had mummies which I am not an egyptian type of person.

I recommend this book to people who like egyptianology and mummies because it seems perfect for those guys.
Shaun
One of the better Goosebumps books. This was probably my favorite Goosebumps book growing up. By Goosebumps standards maybe even a 4 or a 5, but by regular book standards I give it a respectable 3.

The setting is fun. The rivalry of the main protagonists are is entertaining. Ultimately it is a improvement over Curse of the Mummy's Tomb. It just seems to be a bit better written than so many of the other ones.
Jennie
Age: 8-12

Genre: Series Book

Diversity: Ethnicity, single parent

Illustration: None

Response: A fun read. Small factual details about ancient Egypt contained in a fun scary story. The rivalry between the main character and his cousin felt real.

Curriculum: This could be used as a fun optional book in a teaching unit about ancient Egyptian burial practices.
Caroline
I was hooked on these series as a kid. I remember when this first book came out and all the hype surrounding it, and quickly joined in on scarfing these things down. They were fun at the time, although even in grade school they had me rolling my eyes at some of the goofiness (and the cliffhanger chapter endings! Every chapter, without fail!).
Harla
Okay I have now read 3 Goosebumps books and have decided that for what they are they are not that terrible. I read them in preparation for my family night. I do see why the kids like them - fast read & scary! The action starts right off in the beginning and does not stop until the end of the book.
Abdul
this book is about a kid who had a book that had a spell that can bring some one to life.then a mummy came, but it was a bad one.so one day the mummy want to capsher the kid and gets the book.
so i cant connact this book to any thing because it is ampesple to a mummy to come to life.
Patrick
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Andreanjoroge
its so mummifing you will get so scared you will cry mummy hahahhahahhahahahhahahhhahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ahem* read it hahahahahhahaha!
Nyie Rombeng
kali ini petualangan seru gabe berlanjut kembali kemesir.masih mengantongi miniatur suvenir berupa tangan mumi yang kecil,dia berkunjung kepamannya yang seorang arkeolog petualang dalam investigasi penemuan makam raja tutankhamen disebuah piramida mesir:)
Alysha DeShaé
Gabe and his Summoner are back! WIN! Although if this book had been written now, I think Gabe would have won that hamburger eating contest by telling Sari "eating twice as meaning burgers as I did will only make you fatter than me."
Kaitlynn Palomo
this book is ok if you like scarry books. so far this book is about a boy who is with his uncle for the summer and they are in a pyrimad and they have just found the tomb of a prince and with it a lot of gold.
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Discovery (Animorphs, #20)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • Kristy for President (The Baby-Sitters Club, #53)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)