Secrets in the Marriage Bed

Secrets in the Marriage Bed

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  397 ratings  ·  22 reviews
Every marriage has its secrets.

They were reconciling. That was all Caleb Callaghan could focus on when his estranged wife, Vicki, shared the news of her pregnancy. He was determined that this time, the marriage would succeed, no matter what it took.

But was Vicki’s price too high? She wanted more than his love and support…she demanded honesty between them, starting with hi...more
Published March 14th 2006 by Silhouette Books (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets in the Marriage Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets in the Marriage Bed

Lingering Melody by Patricia WilsonExecutive Lady by Sophie WestonBride of Diaz by Patricia WilsonBond of Destiny by Patricia WilsonMy Only Love by Lee Wilkinson
My Favourite Harlequins!
26th out of 32 books — 1 voter
What the Librarian Did by Karina BlissIn Too Deep by Tracey AlvarezMelting Into You by Tracey AlvarezReady To Burn by Tracey AlvarezJust This Once by Rosalind  James
Aotearoa: New Zealand Romance
28th out of 32 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
I loved this book! I can see Nalini Singh's distinctive voice and brilliance with romantic relationship and character development. I was so sucked into this book, I didn't want to put it down to eat dinner. I loved how neither Caleb nor Vicki was the bad guy. They were both good people, but their family dysfunction had wired them with defense mechanisms that don't make emotional openness easy in a marriage.

I loved how the older hero, younger heroine dynamic (10 year age difference) isn't a mere...more
Dina
I really love Nalini Singh's writing in the Psy-Changeling series, but I don't think her Silhouette Desire books are anywhere near the brilliancy of her PNR books. This was my 3rd SD read by her and I can't say I loved any of them. They weren't bad, but they weren't something to talk about either.

Karen, I know I promised to write a review on this book, but it didn't inspired me to do so. Sorry!
Booklover
I really loved this book cause the issues lack of trust,lack of communication that wasin their relationship was accepted and solved by both characters so wonderfully,for once i m so satisfied with the marriage issues that were dealt by author,gr8 plot,well developed characters and story paced at a nice speed had me glued from first page to last,its one of my fav harlequin presents

Caleb and vicki are separated when vicki reveals that she is pregnant.He convinces her to give another chance,but the...more
Saradjine Labossiere
According to many different romance books I read this year,"Secrets In The Marriage Bed," written by Nalini Singh was one of the best romantic book I ever read. This book makes me always in the mood of reading it because the author spend some good time talking about the setting, the plot, and also the main characters. He described them with a good sense of understanding.

The main characters mostly spend their time talking about relationships and other things that people should do and what peopl...more
Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 24, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance
Shelves: romance, read-in-2011
This is a wonderful story about the importance of communication. Caleb and Vicki's divorce is stalled by her pregnancy.

As they learn to truly listen to each other, to demand that the other truly talk to them, they both grow as individuals and turn a sterile relationship into a stable love match.

The sex scenes are not as explicit as others in the Desire line, but so well written and so suggestive that they don't need to be.

The best kind of story...definitely a keeper.
Simara

Gave up on this book. Garbage
Christiana
First Nalini book. It was ok, a little disappointed because I had high expectations given how wildly popular her writing is. I haven't read any paranormal romances yet but I enjoy contemporary and historicals a lot.. this was what I would have expected a Harlequin romance from the 80s to be, but not one written just a few years ago. It felt like Dallas or Dynasty. Compared to the contemporary books I have read in the last year, I found it lacking. Library loaned ebook.
Blodeuedd Finland
I was not sure about this one first. I am not a fan of a couple on the brink of divorce getting back together. But this one was different.

Caleb and Vicki has been married for 5 years and one day she left. Now she is back 3 months later and excepting his child so they are trying again. I slowly learnt what had gone wrong. Vicki had been rather cold in bed, because of how her grandmother raised her. She never gave much away. And Caleb was a workaholic and she felt he loved his firm more than her.

T...more
Hilly
2.5 stars.

I am not a fan of this author overall, but I got through this early contemporary of hers. One part wish-fulfillment, another part case-study, the whole felt a bit reality-TV by way of HQN on Women's channel (such as WE! network). Not my thing, but grudging respect for the author's efforts on this.
Judith
This is a story about a couple having marital trouble. It tells how they work on their problems. IT HAS GREAT SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eden
I loved it. This couple had so a bunch of issues and yet they worked through it, slowly but surely. Some of the problems seemed a bit overs dramatized at first but they were justified over the course of the book. I just love Nalini Singh, such an amazing author!!
Srisurang
เล่มบางๆ (กว่าชุดไซ) แนวรักร่วมสมัย หวานซึ้ง อบอุ่น กล่าวถึงปัญหาในชีวิตคู่ ซึ่งมาจากปัญหาส่วนตัวในอดีตของทั้งสองคน แต่ก็ค่อยๆ คลี่คลายไปทีละปม ด้วยความรักและร่วมมือร่วมใจกันแก้ไข เอาใจใส่ความรู้สึกของอีกฝ่ายหนึ่งค่ะ คาลิบ พระเอก รักมั่นคงและมุ่งมั่นดี ส่วน วิคกี้ นางเอกแม้จะขี้อายแต่ก็ไม่ขี้ขลาด อ่านเรื่อยๆ หวานๆ ค่ะ

A contemporary romance about solving marriage problems derived from poor childhood upbringing of the hero/heroine. With love, courage and determination they try and pull it through...more
Tia
I'm in a sappy mood, so I decided to read this book again. The first time I read it, I found it really uplifting and sweet and the second time through, I felt that same elated emotion of happiness. This was a great read and it also shows you that working hard and talking openly about your relationship, fears, excitement and happiness does help you grow as a person and in your relationship.
Sassafrass
more like 3.5 stars. I thought this was a good second chance love story. Both the H/h had some parentals that did them in but they overcame those issues together. The story was sweet but sometimes frustrating. But, I enjoyed it overall.
Casey Harris-Parks
I was really surprised by this story. It's not something I would typically read, but I was totally engrossed in the story until the very last page.
Gisele
It was so difficult to finished! The history goes round and round that you get bored reading it! Not one of her best though! :(
Jenny
Nice second chances story but needed more plot and drama. But it kept my attention cause the characters were just adorable!
Leona
Jan 21, 2014 Leona marked it as to-read
Shelves: dnf
There are very few books that I do not finish, but this just did nothing for me.
Erotic Horizon
Secrets In The Marriage Bed (Silhouette Desire) by Nalini Singh (2006)
ms bookjunkie
Wonderful. A marriage in trouble/second chances story. Emotionally satisfying.
riN
It was really really good!!
Angela
4/4/2013: $1.99 on Kindle
Gina gamill
Gina gamill marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Nareh
Nareh marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Kemesha Lancaster
Kemesha Lancaster marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Coriander
Coriander marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Hosne Modeena
Hosne Modeena marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
  • The Petrakos Bride
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • Pregnancy of Passion
  • The Italian's Revenge (Modern Romance, #18)
  • A Whirlwind Marriage
  • Crescendo
  • Once a Ferrara Wife... (Ferrara #1)
  • The Fourth Child
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • Pregnant with the Billionaire's Baby
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t...more
More about Nalini Singh...
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling, #3) Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)