Bought For The Marriage Bed

Bought For The Marriage Bed

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Nina's been left holding the baby, now her evil twin--who attempted to trap a wealthy playboy by getting pregnant--has passed away. Marc Marcello wants his brother's child--but, he mistakes prim librarian Nina for her trampy twin.

Nina poses as her sister to protect the baby she loves. She'll let Marc buy "her" as his bride... .
Published January 1st 2007 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Bought For The Marriage Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bought For The Marriage Bed

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
It was a bad move to pick book up this past 3 am this morning when I knew I had to go to bed and get up semi-early. 'Cause I got sucked in, big time! I don't normally like when the hero or heroine lies to each other or puts on a charade, but there is something about the twin storyline that gets you. Especially when one twin is 'bad' and the other twin is 'good', and they take over each others' lives. In this case, Nina was the good girl. I loved her. Her caring heart and devotion to her young ni...more
Sapheron
I was very pleased with this book! My five stars might be a little generous (let that in no way belittle the book, it just didn't hit all the buttons some other 5-star reads did) but I gave the extra star because the author went where no HP has ever gone before...

Dum dum dum....

Our heroine... wait for it... explored herself!!!! (Shrieks of puritanical horror!!!) No, just kidding. I loved this! HP heroines NEVER master their baits (spelled incorrectly to throw-off any visiting minors - wouldn't w...more
Leona
Good, entertaining read with lots of the traditional HP angst. My only complaint, is I think she forgave him way too easily.... But this is HP land.

But the dynamics between the two, the baby, the evil twin sister were all very compelling and I found I couldn't put it down.

Cherise
Subathra S
Nice book. I like the confession of love made by the lead characters. In most of the books the girl will be love with the boy for 3/4 th of the book. But when the boy tells his love it ends in a single line. But that's different here. I liked it when both marc loved nina from the first.
Jenny
Loved this book the hero and heroine were awesome, had great chemistry and they were both extremely decent and likable people! This hero made me swoon like nonstop! It still needed an epilogue though.
Becky in NJ
Excellent read, the way Marc and Nina fell in love was so believable. (view spoiler)...more
Tpring
Harlequin has (tentatively) arrived in the 21st century. The hero is still allowed to have episodes of chauvinistic asshattery (equating promiscuity with prostitution; demanding celebacy from his bride-of-convenience without willingness to do the same) but now the outspoken heroine calls him out on it and makes him see reason. This actually sounds more terrible than it was because the hero turned out to be a relatively sensible, sensitive and caring guy.

There was a small problem with the fact t...more
The swapped twins was a good story. I have identical twin aunties and know some of the stuff they got up to. My biggest issue with this book is the ending. Marc and Nina get together but nothing is resolved with baby Georgia and Nadia doesn't get punished in any way whether for hurting Georgia or abandoning her.
Tonya Warner
Nina's identical twin, Nadia, abused her tiny daughter then left her willing to put the baby up for adoption. Nina wants to keep her baby niece, but the baby's uncle has other ideas. Believing he is dealing with the wicked Nadia, he marries Nina to gain access to his late brothers daughter. Anything to help easy the final days of his ailing father's life.

A good story.
April
okay...so i dont have a lot of time on my hand right now but i'll just say that i love this book! i mean LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!!!! it had everything there was to a romance story that i love...and i'll rewrite my review of it at a later time...when i find some time...but everyone who loves romance should give this book a try.
Sheryl
The ending wasn't good enough in my opinion and HONESTLY, Nadia aka EVIL TWIN should have had some sort of comeuppance!!! *GRRRRR*
Tsubakiharu
Tsubakiharu is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Aug 12, 2014
Rohini Acharya
Rohini Acharya marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Queenie
Queenie marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Aro Mavors
Aro Mavors marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Debra Fulton
Debra Fulton marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Katarina
Katarina marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Milena Djaletic
Milena Djaletic marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Saboo
Saboo marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Lawanda Mckenzie
Lawanda Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Reluctant Husband
  • Sale Or Return Bride
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • Bought for the Frenchman's Pleasure
  • The Power of Vasilii
  • The Greek Tycoon's Love-Child
  • The Greek's Innocent Virgin (Kouros Brothers Duo #1 & Greek Tycoons #2)
  • The Disobedient Virgin (The Ramirez Brides #3)
I grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Sydney and as a keen horse rider, often competed in local gymkhanas and even broke in a few horses from time to time. As I was surrounded by animals, I decided at an early age to become a nurse, however I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and so opted for a career in teaching. It’s a bit ironic that I married a surgeon.

I read my first Mills & Boon...more
More about Melanie Milburne...
Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child Deserving of His Diamonds? One Last Night The Wedding Charade Enemies at the Altar