Start by marking “Summer Heat” as Want to Read:
Summer Heat

Summer Heat

2.92 of 5 stars 2.92  ·  rating details  ·  376 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Sizzling hot erotic reads from some of the freshest voices in the genre. Summer just got hotter! Featuring the deliciously naughty writings of Ms. Downlow, The Kween, Perri Forrest, and Sable Jordan.

In "Downsized", a successful young architect is attracted to her hot new neighbor, but what seems like a night destined for sexual ecstasy turns frosty fast when assumptions ar
Published (first published June 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Heat

djdavis~*Sivad*Sex Pocket
Wow. I don't know how this went so wrong so fast. Somewhere along the way I missed the story. I'm a little bewildered at not really understanding what the hell happened... This is a poor example of erotica.

A successful architect is fired from her job and has to search for a new career in a town where work is scarce. While contemplating her options for work, she's also battling her hunk of eye candy neighbor. It's been over a year since he's moved next door, and since their untimely inte
Queen Spades
May 16, 2013 Queen Spades rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes erotica
Recommended to Queen by: Perri Forrest
Downsized took me on a roller coaster of emotions. Some of the reactions seemed more extreme than others.

Butterflies in Motion, although a nice read, didn't seem to quite fit with the other collections. However, I was quite impressed with Perri's work in Rendezvous, part of the Naughty Gras anthology.

Shaken & Stirred was an interesting combination mix of mystery, action, and erotica. Although I'm not that deep into the BDSM, I still found it to be a wonderful read.

Ninety Days was work I coul
Leah
SUMMER HEAT - 1.25 STARS

Downsized by Ms. Downlow - 1 star

Ninety Days by Thee Kween - 1 star

Butterflies in Motion by Perri Forrest - 1.5 stars

Shaken and Stirred by Sable Jordan - 1.5 stars
Angela
A free Kindle book. It was great for the price. I found it to be a quick read while I was lounging at the pool.
Sharica Gause
This book was free but I should of been paid for reading it.
Angela
A free kindle collection to get you hooked on various stories...I read Ms. Jordan's story before I delved into the collection, and well, she would have had me hooked with the shorter version as well. I don't foresee myself hunting down any of the other writers.

Downsized by Ms. Downlow I find him hot...I hate him...I still hate him, but he is hot...Oh, he likes me....UG - did not like this story. The sex scenes were not hot enough to make up for the cheesy writing.
Ninety Days by The KWEEN I li
The Review Board
Oct 17, 2013 The Review Board rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of light erotica, things to make you go hmmm
The following TRB review is based ONLY on "Ninety Days" by Thee Kween. For the other stories, since they have individual listings, the thoughts are posted on there.

TRB review done by No Labels Unleashed (Queen of Spades on Goodreads). Here is a snapshot into the extended review, which can be found here.

The Kween’s intro comes across in a very storytelling-esque way. It rolls off the tongue, like we’re sitting next to the fireplace or on the porch.

If you are the type that is mainly focused on a l
Rhonda
Too Short

I realize that these stories were just to wet the appetite, but I think I would have liked at least one of them a full story.
The sex was steamy what there was. So the full books look promising. Three stars because I wanted to finish.
Nicole Dunlap
This compilation of books was interesting to say the least. Each author brought something different to the game. Some stories began slower than others, some more character driven while others had more action and plot. Downsized pulled me in with the story of spying and sex. And Butterflies In Motion captured me with just the awesome title. This story also had depth dealing with a young woman's love life and not settling for simplicity.
Michelle M
This is a series of novella but it is as steamy as the cover. A must read.
LC
The first two were not so good. The characters are so stereotypical and ghetto. This is not the image of "multicultural" characters that I want to encourage. It wasn't even that they were portrayed as not having jobs (that can happen to anyone) but more the thought processes and inner monologues of the characters were ghetto/trashy. Sable Jordan's was the best of the lot. Most of these stories seem more like rough drafts than finished products.
Theresa
Horrible read! I only made it as far as Ms. Downlow (which is the first book) and couldn't bring myself to read any further. There was no story (ok, maybe a tiny story), no passion, no emotion. A very lacking atory in every aspect. The sex wasn't even hot-it was just...sex. Biggest turn off ever. Thank goodness it was free or I would've demanded a refund.
Joss
DNF

The writing really threw me off with this book. It was so cheesy and stereotypical. The woman in the first book kept referring to her vagina as her kitty and it just made me cringe. Very little plot, it seemed as though the main objective was about the sex scenes, which didn't make up for the writing.
Sheila Fiske
I found this book to be hot. I think it was great how it started with an annoying next door neighbor. Kaylani is such a pretty name. I found it to be different then how it was when I was single and younger. It was sexy and easy to read. I am definitely going to read Shaken and stirred.
Rachael
I couldn't finish it. Maybe it was the way it downloaded to my kindle but all of the quotation marks and apostrophe's downloaded as O's. It was so distracting I couldn't concentrate on the book itself.
I was able to finish the first story and it was good.
I just couldn't get into it.
raeneysa
ok i was fool i though this read was interracial to find out it a a graphic sex book. i admitted it a good short read, introduction to other stand along book. but not my cup of tea, used to be long time not ready to go back to my root far as reading aa romance drama ect.
Beck
A collection of samples pretending to be short stories. I found the erotic content so clinically written that it failed to titillate. I was so unimpressed with the first story (usually the best one) that I didn't bother reading the rest.

Originally posted on Amazon.com
Mariana
Downsized- Good start but the ending was rushed. 2.5/5
Ninety Days-2.5/5
Butterflies in Motion - Didn't care for the main character. 2/5
Shaken & Stirred - great start. Can wait for more of the story. 4/5
Jessica Smith

This is just a collection of some of sable Jordan's books. So if u are uncertain if this author is for u this is the perfect. Plus it's FREE on kindle and who doesn't love FREE!!
Christy
I wanted to like this book, but I couldn't even finish it. It seemed to play up on stereotypes, and not in a good way. The plots in the first couple of stories just felt sad and not sexy.
Verona Robinson
I liked all of the stories except for Butterflies in Motion. Was there a point to this story. The per 3 left me wanting to read more.
Beckey
This just has blips of books by the authors...
Not recommended unless you are looking for books to add to your TBR pile!!!
 Rosebud
short cuts of scenes. Do have to admit I did a lot of fast forward.
Miranda
to many short stories. I would get into it and then it would be over
Michelle
Your story is not listed on smashwords web cite.
Shonnie
I enjoyed the first story but not so much the rest.
Theresa
Its an interesting set of short stories.
Lori
WAY too short. Otherwise, I enjoyed it.
  • His Gift
  • Help Wanted (Fantasy Heights, #1)
  • My Life as a Sex-o-Gram: Book One
  • Crazy Emma
  • Exotic Indulgence (Bandicoot Cove, #1)
  • Stolen (The Madame X School of Sex, #0.5)
  • Immortal Temptress (Devil's Promenade, #1)
  • The Ride
  • Double Penetration in the Desert: An Interracial Cuckold Story
  • Six Degrees Of Passion
  • A Different Life (Beasts of Forever, #2)
  • An Unwanted Hunger
  • Pack Mistress #1 (Quick ‘n’ Dirty Paranormal Erotica)
  • Thrilling Her (Sensual Erotica, #12)
  • Hannah's Choice
  • That One Night in Vegas
  • Big Book of Smut 2011
  • Strength in Numbers (Strength in Numbers, #1)
Writer of multi-cultural erotica and seductive romances, and whatever else comes to mind. Tattooed vixen. Wicked humorist. Incurable humanist. Proud geek! Lover of pit bulls, fast cars, all music, and candy. Alter ego of adventure/thriller novelist Isadora Monday. That's the short version.

I'm a tough tomboy type with a hidden romantic streak, and I have a penchant for finding the funny in things.
More about Sable Jordan...
Shaken and Stirred Wallbanger (Kizzie Baldwin Erotic Thriller, #2) Sake Bomb (Kizzie Baldwin Erotic Thriller Book 3) Different Shades of Gray Naughty Gras: Tales of Fat Tuesday