Start by marking “The Complete Works” as Want to Read:
The Complete Works

The Complete Works

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  522 ratings  ·  20 reviews

Jane Austen is perhaps the best loved of all English novelists. Her knowledge of human nature is remarkable, and her awareness of the importance of class, money and appearances makes her a peculiarly modern author. She addresses the politics of dating, courtship and mating with an incisive intelligence that both foreshadows and outstrips romantic novels of today.

Her teas

Published August 4th 2011 by Doma Publishing House (first published December 31st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Works, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Works

midnightfaerie
This book, The Complete Works of Jane Austen, is not to be confused with The Newly Discovered, Unfinished, & Finished Complete Works of Jane Austen. The first, which I have completed, contains only the larger, more popular novels that Austen is known for, while the other contains those novels along with many smaller obscure novels, novellas, poems, and letters. I have finished the major books, and am now working my way through the smaller ones.

As for my opinion on Austen:

As I work my way thr...more
Steve
This may not be a "mans" book, but it is a good read. There was a little too much chattiness for my liking at times, but the story resonates with me as it resembles (fondly) my courtship with my wife. I see myself in Mr. Darcy (prideful and not outgoing), and something of my wife in Lizzy (opinionated and strong (and strong headed).
Lizzie
I have long been a huge fan of all the movies they make based on Jane Austen's books but I never read all the books until not. Reading them all in one go was a bit of a struggle but I took breaks between books and I'm glad to say that I am no longer a Jane Austen POSER!
Cinda Walker
Can't figure this out.

download? to where?
I would rather drive to the local bookstore. It would be quicker
Although I was finish, required more words.
Libbeth
I have read all of Jane Austen's novels individually but bought this complete works from some bargain shop or other years ago so that I could re-read them. Unfortunately the print is so small and the book so thick to hold that I usually give up and read something else. The five stars are because of the novels and not because of this edition
Melissa
Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors and this compilation includes not only her published works but also letters and lesser known works. It is a wonderful find. I would recommend this to anyone interested in Austen's work.
Tutti Fruiti96
amazing book. amzing work from a woman that never knew love in her life. it is very realistic and that's why i love about it. the end is faor for the charecters unlike alot of novels.
Lil.hay
Jane Austen is one of my favourite romance authors. My favourite book would be Pride and Prejudice, as the story is full of twists and turns to make the plot interesting.
Love Jane Austen. Her stories will never be out of fashion. They're true classics... The women in her stories always end up happy; they always get their man. :)
Meredith Henning
Reading this on Kindle, we finished Pride and Prejudice and I just finished Sense and Sensibility and Violet is reading through Emma...
Kristal
My first "book" that I read on my nook! Love my nook, and love reading Austen's novels. What could be better?!?
Carrie
Got the complete works for my birthday, YAY! I'm starting at the beginning, Sense and Sensibility.
Miguel
Loved it absolutely wonderful! My favorite chickflick althought I like them all!
Rita
one of my favorite writers. the book to have on your nightstand
Leah
Always an excellent read, whatever story you choose.
Jenny Puckett
Finished sense and sensibility
Jenny Puckett
Sense and sensibility was very good
Pam
What is not to love.
Neil
Neil marked it as to-read
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Noah
Noah marked it as to-read
Corinthia
Corinthia marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
  • Thomas Hardy: Tess of the D'Urbervilles; The Mayor of Casterbridge; Far from the Madding Crowd
  • Cabbages and Kings
  • Letters of Two Brides
  • The Life of God in the Soul of Man
  • Wheels of Steel, Book 2
  • Healing Luke
  • Zoe and the Tormented Tycoon (The Balfour Brides #5)
  • A Heart to Mend
  • Heartsight
  • The Captain and the Wallflower
  • The Complete Oz
  • The Young Clementina
  • Anne of Green Gables Collection: 11 Books (Anne of Green Gables, #1-3, #5, #7-8)
  • Love Me Forever (Scottish Duo, #2)
Jane Austen (16 December 1775 – 18 July 1817) was an English novelist whose works of romantic fiction, set among the landed gentry, earned her a place as one of the most widely read writers in English literature, her realism and biting social commentary cementing her historical importance among scholars and critics.

Austen lived her entire life as part of a close-knit family located on the lower fr...more
More about Jane Austen...
Pride and Prejudice Sense and Sensibility Emma Persuasion Mansfield Park

“I do not like the studied air and artificial inflexions of voice which your very popular and most admired preachers generally have. A simple delivery is much better calculated to inspire devotion, and shows a much better taste.” 0 likes