Start by marking “Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica” as Want to Read:
Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica

Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Everyone loves a quickie. A breathless, clothes-in-a-heap romp or a naughty tease before the elevator doors slide open. Even better when it’s a quick sex story you can read again and again. “Turn me on in 50 words or less and I’ll follow you home,” writes editor and erotica aficionado Alison Tyler about Got a Minute? The lovers in Marie Potoczny’s “The Other Side of Sleep”
Published (first published April 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Got a Minute?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Got a Minute?

A variety of stories make for an interesting read but honestly there were only half that I really liked. If you only have a minute to spare then a story will fill the slot but I guess I like longer lovemaking sessions. Sure quickies are good but the buildup is lacking for me.

Hired Hunk by Rachel Kramer Bussell
Tasting Kate by Jolie Du Pre
Run-In by Tsaurah Litzy
Gloria by Jordan Castill
Paul Weimer
Short erotica sometimes gets a bad reputation.

Of course, much erotic fiction gets a bad reputation, but short stories are unfairly derided even within the genre as being "beat material". Poorly written, and nothing more than two people devoid of any character having mechanically described sex. This sort of stuff fills much of the internet; its not hard to find.

Wouldn't it be nice to read some short, short erotica that rises above that sordid reputation to something tastier, more arousing, and
I read two of these stories while still at the bookstore, and I think that by chance they were two of the better ones in the book. Some of the authors seem to have forgotten that even if you are writing erotica, you need to pay enough attention to character, setting, plot, etc. to make it a full-fledged story. Overall, though, this is a fun collection, with enough imaginative and humorous content to make it worth picking up.
So I continue to venture into the world of erotica written by others. To gain an understanding of the variety that exists. If I had been younger I might not have even thought to read this book. As a female, quick or quickies didn't always add up to satisfaction. So why would a quickie story? We take a bit longer to warm up, has a lot to do with experience, knowing your body well, and what it responds to in order to reach that summit. In this phase of my life I've learned to enjoy all aspects of ...more
Purchased for Kate Vassar's* story "Research," a steamy, yet tender, tale of a shy college student who lives every book nerd's fantasy about a tryst with the sexy librarian.

As with any anthology, there are highs and lows, but this volume of short-short stories (all designed to be read in a minute) mostly hits the right notes and will leave the discerning reader of erotica breathless for more.

*In the interest of full disclosure, Kate Vassar is a dear friend who also happens to be a fantastic writ
Bonita Rose
I perused through this book at my local bookstore this weekend. Definitely one on my wish list.
Let's face it, we're all sexual creatures. This book is full of short stories that don't take long to read, but who's effects on you can last all through the day. Titillating reading!

Definitey one I wanna pick up!
Short but sweet, this collection of erotic short stories doesn't disappoint. There were a few stories I wasn't into, but hey, different strokes... Ha! Literally! Cliterally! Ok, I'll stop now.
Wonderful. Not all really grabbed me like I thought it would, but most did. There were gay, bondage, and het. I'd recommend it.
Very fun and hot collection
Kate Vassar
Contains my story "Research."
Dec 16, 2007 Erik09 rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
entertaining book, for nights
Milos marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Erik Oliver
Erik Oliver marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Alan Joicey
Alan Joicey marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Louise Deakin
Louise Deakin marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
LaGina marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Yvette added it
Aug 16, 2015
Destiny marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Will Bradford
Will Bradford marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Shadaysia Silas
Shadaysia Silas marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Nunu marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Donald marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Jessica Pham
Jessica Pham marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Emilia marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Tala marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Sharon D
Sharon D marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
  • The Mammoth Book of Erotica: New Edition
  • Erotic Fairy Tales: A Romp through the Classics
  • Perfect Kisses
  • The Perfect Submissive
Alison Tyler is an American author, editor and publisher of erotica, living in Northern California. She has authored over 20 explicit novels, hundreds of short stories and has edited more than 30 erotic anthologies.
More about Alison Tyler...
Alison's Wonderland Dark Secret Love (A Story of Submission, #1) Cuffing Kate (12 Shades of Surrender Series) Naughty Fairytales from A to Z The Delicious Torment (A Story of Submission, #2)