Start by marking “Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica” as Want to Read:
Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica

Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica

Everyone loves a quickie. A breathless, clothes-in-a-heap romp or a naughty tease before the elevator doors slide open. Even better when it’s a quick sex story you can read again and again. “Turn me on in 50 words or less and I’ll follow you home,” writes editor and erotica aficionado Alison Tyler about Got a Minute? The lovers in Marie Potoczny’s “The Other Side of Sleep”
Published (first published April 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Got a Minute?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Got a Minute?

Rosalía
A variety of stories make for an interesting read but honestly there were only half that I really liked. If you only have a minute to spare then a story will fill the slot but I guess I like longer lovemaking sessions. Sure quickies are good but the buildup is lacking for me.

Hired Hunk by Rachel Kramer Bussell
Run-In by Tsaurah Litzy
Gloria by Jordan Castill
Paul Weimer
Aug 28, 2010 Paul Weimer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short erotica sometimes gets a bad reputation.

Of course, much erotic fiction gets a bad reputation, but short stories are unfairly derided even within the genre as being "beat material". Poorly written, and nothing more than two people devoid of any character having mechanically described sex. This sort of stuff fills much of the internet; its not hard to find.

Wouldn't it be nice to read some short, short erotica that rises above that sordid reputation to something tastier, more arousing, and
Hol
I read two of these stories while still at the bookstore, and I think that by chance they were two of the better ones in the book. Some of the authors seem to have forgotten that even if you are writing erotica, you need to pay enough attention to character, setting, plot, etc. to make it a full-fledged story. Overall, though, this is a fun collection, with enough imaginative and humorous content to make it worth picking up.
Liz
Oct 25, 2012 Liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I continue to venture into the world of erotica written by others. To gain an understanding of the variety that exists. If I had been younger I might not have even thought to read this book. As a female, quick or quickies didn't always add up to satisfaction. So why would a quickie story? We take a bit longer to warm up, has a lot to do with experience, knowing your body well, and what it responds to in order to reach that summit. In this phase of my life I've learned to enjoy all aspects of ...more
Misha
Jul 11, 2009 Misha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Purchased for Kate Vassar's* story "Research," a steamy, yet tender, tale of a shy college student who lives every book nerd's fantasy about a tryst with the sexy librarian.

As with any anthology, there are highs and lows, but this volume of short-short stories (all designed to be read in a minute) mostly hits the right notes and will leave the discerning reader of erotica breathless for more.

*In the interest of full disclosure, Kate Vassar is a dear friend who also happens to be a fantastic writ
Bonita Rose
I perused through this book at my local bookstore this weekend. Definitely one on my wish list.
Let's face it, we're all sexual creatures. This book is full of short stories that don't take long to read, but who's effects on you can last all through the day. Titillating reading!

Definitey one I wanna pick up!
Danielle Mccoy
Jul 04, 2016 Danielle Mccoy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Way to many minutes I won't get back!
Kimberly
Mar 26, 2013 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short but sweet, this collection of erotic short stories doesn't disappoint. There were a few stories I wasn't into, but hey, different strokes... Ha! Literally! Cliterally! Ok, I'll stop now.
Chatty Missy
Wonderful. Not all really grabbed me like I thought it would, but most did. There were gay, bondage, and het. I'd recommend it.
Carly
Oct 07, 2014 Carly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very fun and hot collection
Kate Vassar
Sep 25, 2008 Kate Vassar added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: written-by-me
Contains my story "Research."
Erik09
Dec 16, 2007 Erik09 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
entertaining book, for nights
Devanya
Devanya marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2016
Vilius
Vilius rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Bruno Grosso
Bruno Grosso marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Eliza
Eliza marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2016
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Elissa
Elissa marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Book-escapade
Book-escapade marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Hannelie Cilliers
Hannelie Cilliers marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Jam
Jam marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
leigh anne allen
leigh anne allen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
M
M marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Leanne
Leanne marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Suhel
Suhel added it
Jun 23, 2016
Ana Carolina
Ana Carolina marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
  • Erotic Fairy Tales: A Romp through the Classics
  • Dangerously Hot
  • The Mammoth Book of Erotica: New Edition
  • The Best of Best American Erotica 2008
Alison Tyler is an American author, editor and publisher of erotica, living in Northern California. She has authored over 20 explicit novels, hundreds of short stories and has edited more than 30 erotic anthologies.
More about Alison Tyler...