Start by marking “Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica” as Want to Read:
Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica

Got a Minute?: Sixty Second Erotica

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Everyone loves a quickie. A breathless, clothes-in-a-heap romp or a naughty tease before the elevator doors slide open. Even better when it’s a quick sex story you can read again and again. “Turn me on in 50 words or less and I’ll follow you home,” writes editor and erotica aficionado Alison Tyler about Got a Minute? The lovers in Marie Potoczny’s “The Other Side of Sleep”
Published (first published April 10th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Got a Minute?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Got a Minute?

Rosalía
A variety of stories make for an interesting read but honestly there were only half that I really liked. If you only have a minute to spare then a story will fill the slot but I guess I like longer lovemaking sessions. Sure quickies are good but the buildup is lacking for me.

Hired Hunk by Rachel Kramer Bussell
Tasting Kate by Jolie Du Pre
Run-In by Tsaurah Litzy
Gloria by Jordan Castill
Paul Weimer
Short erotica sometimes gets a bad reputation.

Of course, much erotic fiction gets a bad reputation, but short stories are unfairly derided even within the genre as being "beat material". Poorly written, and nothing more than two people devoid of any character having mechanically described sex. This sort of stuff fills much of the internet; its not hard to find.

Wouldn't it be nice to read some short, short erotica that rises above that sordid reputation to something tastier, more arousing, and
Hol
I read two of these stories while still at the bookstore, and I think that by chance they were two of the better ones in the book. Some of the authors seem to have forgotten that even if you are writing erotica, you need to pay enough attention to character, setting, plot, etc. to make it a full-fledged story. Overall, though, this is a fun collection, with enough imaginative and humorous content to make it worth picking up.
Liz
So I continue to venture into the world of erotica written by others. To gain an understanding of the variety that exists. If I had been younger I might not have even thought to read this book. As a female, quick or quickies didn't always add up to satisfaction. So why would a quickie story? We take a bit longer to warm up, has a lot to do with experience, knowing your body well, and what it responds to in order to reach that summit. In this phase of my life I've learned to enjoy all aspects of ...more
Misha
Purchased for Kate Vassar's* story "Research," a steamy, yet tender, tale of a shy college student who lives every book nerd's fantasy about a tryst with the sexy librarian.

As with any anthology, there are highs and lows, but this volume of short-short stories (all designed to be read in a minute) mostly hits the right notes and will leave the discerning reader of erotica breathless for more.

*In the interest of full disclosure, Kate Vassar is a dear friend who also happens to be a fantastic writ
Bonita Rose
I perused through this book at my local bookstore this weekend. Definitely one on my wish list.
Let's face it, we're all sexual creatures. This book is full of short stories that don't take long to read, but who's effects on you can last all through the day. Titillating reading!

Definitey one I wanna pick up!
Kimberly
Short but sweet, this collection of erotic short stories doesn't disappoint. There were a few stories I wasn't into, but hey, different strokes... Ha! Literally! Cliterally! Ok, I'll stop now.
Lydia
Wonderful. Not all really grabbed me like I thought it would, but most did. There were gay, bondage, and het. I'd recommend it.
Carly
Very fun and hot collection
Kate Vassar
Contains my story "Research."
Erik09
Dec 16, 2007 Erik09 rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
entertaining book, for nights
Jennifer Campbell
Jennifer Campbell marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Pinar
Pinar marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Maria Foukadaki
Maria Foukadaki marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Joseph Edwardson
Joseph Edwardson marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Teazia Cockburn
Teazia Cockburn marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Raine
Raine marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Lyanne Rainville
Lyanne Rainville marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Kate Stamatova
Kate Stamatova marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Daniel97cychotmail.com
Daniel97cychotmail.com marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
JC
JC marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Geeky Nymph
Geeky Nymph marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Tiffany Cardinal
Tiffany Cardinal marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Gemini
Gemini marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
  • Dangerously Hot
  • The Perfect Submissive
  • The Best of Best American Erotica 2008
  • Perfect Kisses
Alison Tyler is an American author, editor and publisher of erotica, living in Northern California. She has authored over 20 explicit novels, hundreds of short stories and has edited more than 30 erotic anthologies.
More about Alison Tyler...
Alison's Wonderland Dark Secret Love (A Story of Submission, #1) Cuffing Kate (12 Shades of Surrender Series) Naughty Fairytales from A to Z Best Bondage Erotica