Start by marking “Happy Endings (Happy Endings, #1)” as Want to Read:
Happy Endings (Happy Endings, #1)

Happy Endings (Happy Endings #1)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  366 ratings  ·  44 reviews
Twenty-seven year old, Kelsey 'Kellie' Hamilton was caught up in the economic housing disaster. Losing his home, his job, and having to reinvent himself, Kellie went back to school for his certificate in massage therapy and is hired by an elite spa in West Hollywood. Though Kellie had experienced 'happy endings' in the past while getting massages from older men, he was goi...more
ebook
Published October 1st 2011 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc. (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Happy Endings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Endings

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
324th out of 503 books — 979 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevillePromises by Marie SextonFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsCaught Running by Madeleine Urban
Gay Romance that's NOT Insta-Love
209th out of 401 books — 535 voters

More lists with this book...

Amber
Jan 25, 2013 Amber marked it as did-not-finish
Big sigh. Those massage therapists at foreign ports who give full service/happy endings are quite often the victims of abuse and human trafficking. At the very least, they're trying to get by financially. They don't jack off random strangers all day because they are "sluts" and a Navy SEAL hero ought to be worldly and informed enough to understand the distinction.
Edina Rose
3 stars

I was quite uncomfortable by how erotic the massage was for the clients. I regularly have full body holistic massage and I may be a prude but it's like a visit to the gynaecologist, you can't be in a sexual mindset! Anyway.

This said, it is a nice, average story with one amazing character: Kellie the massage therapist! He has strong ethics and never answers the numerous sexual advances of his gorgeous and not so gorgeous clients, but one man will bend his rule: Monty (what a name, jeez!)

M...more
ElaineY
I enjoyed this from start to finish, the only thing left wanting being a sequel. It's rare that I want one when the story's not a romantic suspense and the focus on the suspense. In most cases, too, the romance is "completed" and since I'm not a fan of established romances, I don't bother with the sequels.

In this case, however, I enjoyed the development of Kellie's and Monty's romance so much that I needed more when I got to the last page. I felt like the movie had ended just when it got started...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Twenty-seven and thirty-eight are certainly looking great. Have I intrigued you? Wondering what the numbers mean? Okay, there's nothing really exciting about them other than they are the ages of the characters in GA Hauser's book, Happy Endings. The ages didn't matter to me, but the guys are smoking hot.

I picked up the book because I already love the work of Ms Hauser. I know when I grab one of her books, I'll be transported to the wo...more
Alina
Nice story!
The book's written mostly from Kellie's pov, but we've got to see the glimpses from Monty here and there. Both characters are really sympathetic and although it seems there's not much happens outside, but the conflict's outlined pretty well, imo. You could see where Kellie's coming from, why he's so insecure and tentative about relationships, but you could see Monty's reasons too - what's with the hectic new business opening and only barely being out from military regimental lifestyle...more
Pamela Su
An interesting premise that doesn't quite sustain its steam towards the end.

This started off really strong and I loved the sexual tension between Kellie and Monty. However, it dragged on way too long and I felt the story lost focus midway.

I appreciated the difficulty Monty faced in trying to establish a relationship while working hard to build his fledgling business. I don't think the resolution was quite convincing enough but it was a good perspective to have in this story.

I had an issue with...more
Candice
I really did like Kellie, but Monty kind of didn't do much for me. I liked him at first, but then somewhere he slipped from his pedestal. Maybe it was because I thought Kellie could do better? I mean, it was obvious they didn't share the same sexual desires, but Kellie went with it to make Monty happy. How long can that last? How long til Monty's "rough" ways wear Kellie down? How long until Kellie decides he can't do it anymore? How long until Monty's business partners are constantly calling hi...more
TF
Okay, I had to read this because I once planned on being a massage therapist, I still haven’t given up on it completely. I have about six weeks of education left until I can get my certificate, and I love giving massages, but It’ll have to wait until the kids are a little older if it’s gonna happen at all. That said, if one of my clients made any kind of sexual innuendo I would ask them to leave and never come back. Erection or not, it’s not something you talk about with your clients, hell I eve...more
Alison Roeder
That was sexy!

Oh man, what I wouldn't give to have a hot sexy Navy SEAL in my bed too. Not only a SEAL, but a subby-bottom. Mmmmm, yummy. This book was hilarious and very, very sexy. Monty and Kellie were complete opposites, Monty, an alpha SEAL. A meat eating man's man. complete with the American muscle car.

Then we have Kelsey. a vegan eating, prius driving, massage therapist. But they couldn't be more perfect for each other. This is a must read for G. A. Hauser fans. loved it.
T.A. Webb
Kellie is a massage therapist in an upscale spa on the West Coast who has slowly rebuilt his life after his career in real estate crashed and burned with the recession. Monty is a former Navy SEAL taking a huge chance on a new business venture with some former buddies from the service. Kellie is looking for his Mr. Right, but keeps getting his heart trampled on by a string of users. Monty is out of the Navy and out of the closet (this was written before the end of DADT), but isn't sure he wants...more
Elisa Rolle
I was an earlier admirer of G.A. Hauser West Hollywood/Los Angeles series, mixing show business stars with dream lovers like cops and firefighters, but I have to admit I lost tracks in the last few months. So it was a bit I haven’t read anything by this author, and as soon as I started Happy Endings, I had the feeling she had matured, her writing seemed more clean and cut, less focused on the sex for the sake of sex and a little more directed to the search of Mr Right.

Kellie is a masseur in an e...more
Sophia
This was my first opportunity to read a book by the author. I was intrigued when I read the blurb so I thought that I would give it a chance.

The story is about a guy, Kellie, who must remake himself after the economy change causes him to lose his job and his home. He went to school and became a masseuse at a swanky spa. He has a strict standard of ethics and is very committed to healthy living. At this point, he is a very successful and well sought masseuse seeming to have all going for him. All...more
Angie
This was a really short and sweet read. I loved Kellie and Monty intantly. The books plot was believable and the characters are well written. I loved all the supporting characters as well, especially Lenny, he cracked me up! My only complaint was the book seemed to end to fast when things were finally good, the book just stopped. I think an epilogue would have tied things us and showed the reader exactly what kind of happy ending Kellie and Monty ended up having.
Janie
Wow, I've never had a massage before and after that I'm torn on whether or not I would. That was just really sensual for a massage and I don't know how that can be relaxing at all for a customer, I'd be so worked up I wouldn't be able to relax. They are an odd couple, which I truly love in a m/m relationship, but I wish the story had been more than just the massage room for 90% of the story.
Shaz
I was in the mood for something a little lighter, really didn't want an angsty read and luckily this book provided exactly what I was hoping for.

Now I'll admit that G.A. Hauser is pretty much a solid 4 star read for me in general, but they were also books that I read fairly early on after discovering the MM genre. I'm glad to find that even though I have read tons more books since I still truly can escape in her books.

I enjoyed the journey of Kellie and Monty's relationship. Slow building, even...more
Florebunda
Kellie is a massage therapist, a proper one, and although he has a magic touch which arouses a lot of his male clients, he laughs with them about it and is very above board. Monty is a new client, ex Navy Seal and hot. After a few sessions of 'does he like me?' They get together for an incendiary date, but the trick is going to be making the relationship work with two busy careers to juggle.

For some reason, I really enjoy massages in stories and there were lots in this one, and the interactions...more
jules0623
Chris Gregory
An okay book overall.

There wasn't much of a story here. It could definitely be a shorter novella. There didn't seem to really be any major story arc. The beginning was very promising, but fell short in story structure after that.

All that aside, the characters were very likable and well rounded. The writing was well done and the sex was very well written, if a bit brief.
I'd like to read more about this couple, but other books won't be on the top of my to read pile.
Blue Bayou .
The beginning of this book is odd. Not bad odd, just different than other writing. During the first 3-4 chapters we are totally in Kellie's head. I think the odd part comes.from the author writing Kellie as being a little odd. Or maybe not odd just honest. The romance felt real. There is angst but it felt like it could happen to anyone. If you like this one, read Living Dangerously. It's a different story, which is awesome with series writers and its a great story.
Madison Parker
The chemistry between these two is sizzling hot! I totally fell in love with Kellie (the masseur). The (completely innocent) massages had me completely hot and bothered. Their first kiss was so sweet, I squealed like a little girl. This story had just the right amount of angst, humor, hope, and passion to make it all feel very real. I was expecting a different sort of happy ending, but it was very satisfying nonetheless.
Lidia
History delicious too short though. What I loved most is how the writer has been able to transform the words into a sensory experience. The moves repeated by Kellie at the beginning of each massage, the music, the smell of the oils and the feeling of his hands on the body of Monty. I also think that there was still a lot to say about their relationship that we could only glimpse
Cindi
Nov 07, 2012 Cindi added it
Shelves: 2012, m-m, series, dnf
I tried but had to give it up at 55%. Too many mundane, instructional details about massage. I could have handled that had I liked any of the characters. I didn't. The MC's did nothing for me and the secondary characters came across as more annoying than entertaining. I guess the story was okay but not okay enough to continue reading with the other things I mentioned.
Leaundra
I really liked Kelsey and I thought he was perfect for Monty. They drove me crazy not talking to each other but glad they got it figured out, lol Hey maybe this could become a series, well Monty does have a lot of Navy Seal buddies:-) I don't know why it has this book coming out OCT 1st it's already out it came out September 18th.
Carly Nichilo
After reading the entire book I have come to the conclusion that 1) Monty is an asshole and 2) Neither Monty nor Kellie knows if they want to top or be topped. I normally feel that m/m romances are too short but this book could have been half as long and I think it would have made it better.
Emma
I got bored and to some extent annoyed by all the repetitions. no need to mention every other sentence that monty is a former SEAL, kellie lost his former job, does yoga and mixes oils all the time. oh, and gets every male client on his table incredible aroused and calls them 'babe'...
Christy Duke
This is a favorite book of mine. I mean, hello, who doesn't love a hot, sexy Navy Seal? I mean, come on.

Monty and Kellie are incredibly sweet and very, very sexy together. I like their interaction and the developing romance. It rings true for me.
Shona Kimi
after reading code red I always wondered about kellie and monty I didn't realise they had there own book until I found it on GA website so of course I Had! to have it very good read I'm off now to read living dangerously
Tina
Only 2.5 stars for this one.

I'm a HUGE fan. I will buy and read her books on the day them come out every single time. But this one doesn't even come close to being as good as any of her previous MM romances.
Jade
The only thing I liked in this book was the beginning and how it wasn't okay that he seduced him at work-other than that this book was a bit too realistic, not nearly as engaging as I thought it would be.
Natalie
This is not without flaws, but I really dug these characters, and the descriptions of the massage sessions were so sensual and lovely. Probably my favorite book of Hauser's so far.
  • Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2)
  • Last Stop
  • Game On, Game Over
  • Just What the Truth Is (Home #5)
  • Tempting Sin (Mercenary Love #1)
  • Truthful Change
  • Tuck & Cover (Rough Rangers, #2)
  • Sam's Reviews
  • Hearts Under Fire  (New Amsterdam, #1)
  • John Henry's Beautiful Charlie (Special Operations #1)
  • Black Hawk Tattoo
  • Burnished by Fire (By Fire, #3)
  • Water Dogs
  • Hold Tight (Willow Springs Ranch, #2)
  • Surface Tension
  • Grey's Awakening (Cabin Fever, #2)
  • Once a Marine
  • In From the Cold
About the Author Award-winning author G.A. Hauser was born in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, USA and attended university in New York City. She moved to Seattle, Washington where she worked as a patrol officer with the Seattle Police Department. In early 2000 G.A. moved to Hertfordshire, England where she began her writing in earnest and published her first book, In the Shadow of Alexander. Now a full-time...more
More about G.A. Hauser...
Man to Man (Hero, #1) The Wedding Planner Two In Two Out (Hero, #2) Acting Naughty (Action, #1) Capital Games