Start by marking “Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #5)” as Want to Read:
Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #5)

Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon #5)

Clymene O'Riley is in prison for killing her husband-though Diane Fallon is sure she killed another, and suspects she may have left a veritable graveyard of dead men in her wake. Either way, Diane was happy to help put her behind bars. So when Clymene informs her that one of the prison guards may be in danger from a serial killer, Diane is suspicious. And when Clymene esca ...more
Published February 5th 2008 by Signet (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dead Hunt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Hunt

Elvan
Jul 02, 2015 Elvan rated it it was amazing
Another fun read dealing with stolen Egyptian antiquities and some fairly complex revenge attacks. It was nice to see the new DNA lab put to use so effectively. I continue to enjoy the witty dialogue, the forensics and the strong characters in Connor's novels. They get into sometimes unbelievable situations but she carries the reader with her intricate plots. Good stuff.
Diane
May 20, 2015 Diane rated it it was amazing
Great read - twists and turns and lots of red herrings tossed in for good measure. A couple of intertwining cases involving the museum. A lot of angst in this book and lots of forensics to keep your mind reeling! Just exactly who is behind all the goings on?

2 thumbs up and 5 stars
Andy Plonka
Aug 09, 2016 Andy Plonka rated it really liked it
Shelves: src
An new wrinkle in the serial killer plot, though the bits about antiquities are more interesting than the major plot.
Denise
Jun 09, 2010 Denise rated it really liked it
4.0 out of 5 stars Multifaceted mystery keeps the reader turning the pages..., August 3, 2009

This review is from: Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, No. 5) (Paperback)
This fifth in the series is another entertaining and educational read. The author, pedigreed herself, has written a character who is smart and spunky. Diane Fallon is the director of a museum of natural history (RiverTrail) and also heads another division housed in the same large building - a crime lab that has everyt
Gail
Aug 23, 2009 Gail rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
Diane Fallon is the director of the museum in a small town in Georgia. In addition, she's the director of the crime lab, housed at the museum. She administers both with knowledge, understanding, and expertise; to me she is too much the perfect, flawless administrator. Yes she works very hard but also seems to make no mistake.

Nevertheless, her exertise and knowledge and ability to work the politics and with various law enforcement makes for really great suspense stories.

In this book, she's asked
Trina
Feb 09, 2008 Trina rated it really liked it
Baoyi
Apr 18, 2014 Baoyi rated it really liked it
Diane Fallon once again brings us through her life as museum director and forensic anthropologist. Dead Hunt is one exciting thriller, that's for sure. The intricate plot-weaving by Clymene O' Riley - Iris - is almost genius. It's not that the sibling plot hasn't been used before, but Beverly Connor really knows how to build up the suspense and blow the readers' minds even before the Big Reveal. Her sub plots also complicate matters because they usually don't form part of the big conspiracy even ...more
Jane
Mar 24, 2008 Jane rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Connors excels at setting up nice twisty plots. Sometimes, as in this book, the twisty plots don't always get as fully resolved as I'd like. With so much going on, she sometimes loses or drops one of the story threads and I'm left scratching my head a little.

That being said, Diane Fallon is a hugely competent heroine and I appreciate that. She runs a Natural History Museum as well as a crime lab, and as strange as the mis sounds, it works well to diversify the mysteries from book to book. Good e
Samantha
Jun 19, 2011 Samantha rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Another excellent instalment in the Diane Fallon series I find them ridiculous but gripping reads, this one has a particularly high body count and I'm amazed she is still alive after the number of times she has been attacked. Kept me guessing the whole way through and I'm not sure at the end that I got it properly sorted in my head with the number of different Clymenes there were and who did what!
Nicole
Aug 11, 2013 Nicole rated it really liked it
This book was not what i was expecting, its so different from the others so far, which is a nice addition. The inclusion of the affair involving Kendal was a wonderful twist, the murders had all to some degree been similar and this case was very refreshing. It is starting to get redundant how often Diane is attacked at her own museum, but still hilarious nonetheless.
Simon
Jan 06, 2016 Simon rated it it was ok
Oh God, how I hate these oh so perfect band of crime scene investigators surrounding Diane Fallon, who obviously, is Miss Perfect in every aspect. The reason why I read these novels are the crimes and the investigations...and the crimes in this novel were by far the worst to date (I read these books chronological order).
April
Apr 13, 2011 April rated it really liked it
I liked this installment in the series, but I thought it was a bit brief. I would have liked to have explored the storylines and history of the triplets a bit more. As with all the other books in this series, I was not able to put this down. I like how the story keeps you guessing, although for the first time I had one of the mysteries figured out before it was revealed in the book.
Shirley
May 02, 2008 Shirley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Beverly Connor always packs a lot into her books, and this one is no exception. Full of interesting forensic information in addition to a good picture of what the daily life of a museum involves. Plus the mystery plot itself is always exceptional. In this book the "thrills" just kept coming. Not sure how one woman survives all she does in such a short space of time, however!
Phillipa
Oct 02, 2014 Phillipa rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-mystery
Okay, I think this has been my absolute best book in the series so far. I mean, aside from the happens-every-time attack on Diane Fallon, which is getting beyond predictable and is well into the realm of ridiculous now.
Taylor Tyler
May 17, 2016 Taylor Tyler rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this installment of the Dr. Diane Fallon series. There were a lot of twists and turns that tied together nicely and although some of the plot twists were a little out there, she made them work.
Ivy
Jan 08, 2010 Ivy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010-books-read
This is the first book I have read by this author. I found it a little confusing because I didn't know the past history but for the most part was a good book. Once I got past the history I was able to get into the book and enjoy the story.
Beth
Jul 26, 2011 Beth rated it really liked it
The plot twists in this were interesting -- a convicted serial killer who escapes, blood (lots of it) and no body, Egyptian antiquities. I am amazed at the way Connor can tie everything together!
Brenda Kirton
Apr 19, 2012 Brenda Kirton rated it it was amazing
Good plot. As usual I love the main character. It is great the way supporting members are slowly being added to her team. Very challenging escapee
Ashley
Apr 11, 2008 Ashley rated it really liked it
Loved the latest installment, the black widow character she is dealing with is really intriguing as well.
Kay Childs
Mar 27, 2008 Kay Childs rated it really liked it
I really enjoy forensic novels and Beverly Connor writes a good one. This is the 5th book she has written and each one is different and interesting.
Jen Shapiro
Aug 27, 2013 Jen Shapiro rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I like the Diane Fallon forensic mysteries. This one was a quick read with a lot going on. There were a few too many attacks on poor Diane, but overall a good (not great) book.
Clare
Dec 13, 2014 Clare rated it it was amazing
Even though I have read this before I couldn't remember the plot so I thoughly enjoyed it for the second time.
Mary
Mar 17, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-fiction-read
Although the number of crimes in the area and violent attacks on the main character is totally unrealistic, this series of books is very addictive and compelling. Great storytelling.
Tabitha
Nov 03, 2015 Tabitha rated it really liked it
The plot moved along at a decent pace and there were enough twists to keep me from putting the book down. I'll be looking into her other books soon I think.
Tracy
Aug 28, 2013 Tracy rated it really liked it
This one was a little slower than her other books, but I liked the twists and turns we took with Clymene. Highly recommend Beverly Connor!
David
Nov 30, 2011 David rated it really liked it
Love the juxtaposition of Crime Lab and Museum. Poor Diane doesn't get much time to sleep but the story is very pacy.
Pampchefpam
Pampchefpam rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2012
Kristine
Kristine rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Bonnie Leal
Bonnie Leal rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2013
Courtney Campbell
Courtney Campbell rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2013
  • Nothing Gold Can Stay (Liam Campbell, #3)
  • Hades
  • More Bitter than Death (An Emma Fielding Mystery #5)
  • While Galileo Preys (Esme Stuart #1)
  • Evanly Bodies (Constable Evans, #10)
  • Biggie and the Devil Diet (Biggie Weatherford, #6)
  • Reservations for Murder (A Lighthouse Inn Mystery, #2)
  • The Bone Fire (Gil Montoya Mystery #2)
  • 2 in the Hat
  • Sympathy Between Humans (Sarah Pribek #2)
  • The Devil's Closet (Ceecee Gallagher)
  • Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)
  • Bamboo and Blood (Inspector O, #3)
  • Signal Red
  • Emerald Germs of Ireland
  • Brunswick Gardens (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #18)
  • The Piper on the Mountain (Felse, #5)
  • The Devil's Bones (Body Farm, #3)
I'm Beverly Connor and I love archaeology. I worked in Georgia and South Carolina as an archaeologist doing both fieldwork and analyzing artifacts. I also love mysteries. I combined these two loves and now write mysteries in which I weave my professional experience as an archaeologist into stories of murder and intrigue in both my Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation series and Lindsay Chamberlain ...more
More about Beverly Connor...

Diane Fallon (9 books)
  • One Grave Too Many (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #1)
  • Dead Guilty (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #2)
  • Dead Secret (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #3)
  • Dead Past (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #4)
  • Scattered Graves (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #6)
  • Dust to Dust (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #7)
  • The Night Killer (Diane Fallon, #8)
  • One Grave Less (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #9)

“I don't think we should have a dinosaur that poops kids.” 6 likes