Start by marking “Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful” as Want to Read:
Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful

Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful

Mr. Funky features 30 projects including stuffed animals (amirgurumi) and wearable accessories such as scarves, hats, crochet flowers, headbands, a water bottle carrier, fun kids stuff and more. If you love Hello Kitty, bohemian 70's inspired fashion, and Japanese style you will love these supercute projects. All of the projects are easy, super-hip and quick to make-perfec ...more
Published July 2nd 2007 by Northlight (first published June 18th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful

Amy
Jul 02, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
I met Narumi (of Mister Funky) in person at Bazaar Bizarre in San Francisco. She is a sweet person and her creations are oh-so-cute. So when I saw her new book Mr. Funky's Super Crochet Wonderful on the shelves while browsing through my local book store, I couldn't help but pick up a copy. I don't know how to crochet yet but the projects are so darn cute that they make me want to learn. I have been told (by a friend who crochets) that the drawings of the patterns are very helpful! I think my all ...more
Heidi
Nov 12, 2007 Heidi rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: hip crocheters
Shelves: craft-howto
I've avoided knitting or crocheting softies, for some reason, but this changed my mind. I picked up the book Friday, and last night I finished the beret for "Sebastian le Hamster" (on the cover, left). He still needs a face, but he's still adorable without being too cutesy. I want to do the bunny in a dress next (cover, center). I'm just a little concerned about how to attach plastic eyes so babies won't bite them off and choke. Maybe these will have to be gifts for older kids.
Colleen
Aug 29, 2011 Colleen rated it really liked it
It seems like almost all of the Japanese-inspired crochet books out there are only for amigurumi. I like that this book includes patterns that aren't amigurumi. I love all the super cute designs. I can't really see myself making some of them, but the instructions are fairly easy to read and I've already completed one project from the book.
Kiirsi Hellewell
A lot of people are really crazy about Mr. Funky and his crocheted friends, but I can't really see the appeal, myself. I DO love amigurumi but this type isn't my style. The patterns are well-written, though, if you like these animals and accessories.

My favorite thing in the book was the cool scarf flower that had a small strap on its back to slip your scarf tails through. Neat idea!
Steve Duong
Feb 06, 2012 Steve Duong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: big-picture-401
Really great designs!
Love the diagrams and directions.

Making Sebastian le Hamster.
Love the subtle humor of Narumi's designs:

Panda Bear Keychains
"One of these keychains makes the pefect accessory for your Porsche or Vespa, mansion or houseboat."
Pg. 25
Holly Booms Walsh
Aug 28, 2007 Holly Booms Walsh rated it liked it
Shelves: crafting
Cute book with instructions for crocheting soft toys (amigurumi in Japanese). A bit overly precious and the patterns are nothing that you cannot find online. I'd recommend Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute by Elisabeth Doherty over this book.
Molly
Jan 30, 2008 Molly rated it it was ok
Shelves: how-to-books
Alright, I've tried this one enough times, and it just hasn't clicked for me. The title is amazing, but the creations just aren't enough of my style. Still cute, but not as cute as I had hoped.
Andrew
Aug 15, 2008 Andrew rated it it was ok
Shelves: craftiness
The amigurumi animals are incredibly cute. The "super-cool accessories" are not. Ms. Narumi Ogawa, chuck the latter and give me more patterns for the animals!
Rae
Mar 26, 2013 Rae rated it liked it
Shelves: crochet, crafts
This book has a nice assortment of projects and includes both written patters as well as charts. In addition to amigurumi there's scarves, hats, mittens, bags and accessories.
Gus
Apr 23, 2010 Gus rated it really liked it
Shelves: amigurumi, crochet
Some really adorably cute and unique patterns in here! I love how there are dresses and purses and hats for your little guys as well!
Sherry A Clawson
Sherry A Clawson rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2015
Christy Morrison
Christy Morrison rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2009
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2010
Rhonda Washburn
Rhonda Washburn rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Kelly H. (Maybedog) rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2008
Karmella Perez
Karmella Perez rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Shelly
Shelly rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2008
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2010
Shannon
Shannon rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2008
Cami
Dec 29, 2008 Cami rated it really liked it
I liked this because it not had only cute crochet animals in it but fashion accessories in it too.
Jen Johnson
Jen Johnson rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2010
Shonica
Shonica rated it it was ok
Nov 12, 2011
JENNIFER
JENNIFER rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2014
Carole Workman
Carole Workman rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Yoli
Yoli rated it really liked it
Mar 08, 2011
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
hushin
hushin rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2016
Alisa
Alisa rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2012
Stacey
Stacey rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2008
Karen
Karen rated it it was ok
Jul 30, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Crochet Me
  • Amigurumi Two!: Crocheted Toys for Me and You and Baby Too
  • Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting
  • Amigurumi!: Super Happy Crochet Cute
  • Loop-d-Loop Crochet: More Than 25 Novel Designs for Crocheters (and Kntters Taking Up the Hook)
  • Tiny Yarn Animals: Amigurumi Friends to Make and Enjoy
  • The Crochet Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask
  • Kyuuto! Japanese Crafts: Amigurumi
  • The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet: Learn to Crochet with More Than Thirty Cool, Easy Patterns
  • Harmony Guides: Basic Crochet Stitches (The Harmony Guides)
  • Blueprint Crochet
  • Cool Crochet: 30 Hot, Fun Designs to Crochet and Wear
  • Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker
  • Creepy Cute Crochet: Zombies, Ninjas, Robots, and More!
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • Super-cute Crochet: Make Your Own Amigurumi Family