Bloody Murder
read ebook* *Different edition

Bloody Murder

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 21st 2011)

Katherine Gilraine
This has to be one of the most fun reads I had in a while. When Zofia, better known as Zo, trips over a dead body on her way to work (literally!), you get plunged into New Orleans in a way that you don't expect. I couldn't help but crack up at how on-point some of the characters came across, and from the beginning, I had to know exactly what happened to Mr. Dead Body to end up right in front of Zo's door.

Recommended for anyone who likes their mysteries, who likes to smile because they relate to...more
A.B. Shepherd
See my review of Bloody Murder on my blog here: http://abshepherdsreinventedreader.bl...
Sarah Barlow
I enjoyed this book very very much. The writing style was very naturalistic.
M Raindancerstahl
This is a fun little twisty maze of finding a dead body and puzzling out the who, why, and how of it.

Normally I shy away from self-published books, but I knew Kate had spent the necessary time to turn her NaNoWriMo challenge into a real book. More importantly, I knew Kate had not only passed a college writing course, but also retained everything she had learned in 8th grade English class. (If you read enough comments on internet blogs, you might understand what I mean.) Also handicapping my open...more
Lorne Oliver
Bloody Murder is the definition of a cozy mystery. It is not action packed and there is no gore, but you quickly start to care about the main character, Zo, and you want to stick around. It made me want to curl up in a chair and read on to unravel the mysteries in this woman’s life.

I don’t judge books by their covers, but I do judge books by their opening lines. “I’ve never seen a crime scene contaminated by muffins before,” had me hooked.

Now I will say that the first half of the novel is slow....more
Sharon Reamer
This book has a great first line: "I've never seen a crime scene contaminated by muffins before."
The Bloody Murder bookstore, owned and run by Zofia Smith, exists in the French Quarter in New Orleans. Although not normally known as a quiet part of town, the bookstore has enjoyed six years of peace and prosperity until Zofia trips over a body on the way downstairs from her apartment, upstairs from the bookstore, to go to work.

So far so good. Zofia's life becomes abruptly even more complicated whe...more
Tamara Temple
Still in the midst of this novel. The story is gripping, realistic, and the dialog is superb. I highly recommend this book and this author; looking forward to future novels!

Update: Finished the book and WOW!!! Did not entirely see that ending coming. (view spoiler).

This book is sprinkled with phrases that I've heard Kate utter at some point, or others in the chat spaces we both have inhabited. "For some Chinese values of interesti...more
C.C. Cole
“Bloody Murder” by Kate Kurlig is about a young woman living in New Orleans who owns a bookstore by the name of the title. Following an attempt on her life, things get more and more complicated as she finds the assistance of a handsome investigator and her family background moves to the foreground. All around, it’s got romance, suspense, action, and a wonderfully written New Orleans backdrop, the best I’ve seen in a while. Great job, four stars!
Tanya Watt
Bloody Murders is a good mystery book, I like how thought out Kulig’s writing is.

The characters are likable, and I love that it takes place in New Orleans – Plus the food sounds delicious!

The first few chapters were a little slow for me, but after that it picks up and I didn’t stop reading until I hit the last page. It’s a light read with the right amount of action and romance that I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Shelley
Aug 02, 2012 Shelley marked it as to-read
Shelves: guest
Author's guest post at my blog:
Blue
Blue marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Colette
Colette marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Lisa Corathers
Lisa Corathers marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2013
Fred
Fred marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
Babs
Babs marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2011
Kate Kulig was born in Saugus, Massachusetts and denies all responsibility for the hospital having burned down at a later date. Throughout her schooling and into college, she enjoyed writing, and considered it as a college major. She was strongly encouraged by the people paying her tuition at Hofstra to major in business so she'd be able to feed herself after graduation.

Going in a completely diffe...more
More about Kate Kulig...
Post Parcel (Bloody Murder Mysteries)