Start by marking “Work, Love, Pray: Practical Wisdom for Young Professional Christian Women” as Want to Read:
Work, Love, Pray: Practical Wisdom for Young Professional Christian Women

Work, Love, Pray: Practical Wisdom for Young Professional Christian Women

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Work, Love, Pray is a hands-on guide for young professional Christian women seeking balance and fulfillment in all aspects of their lives. Full of practical advice and inspiring stories, this book helps sidestep the pitfalls of the 'Superwoman, ' while encouraging women to reach for the best of all three worlds: faith, family, and career.
Published September 20th 2011 by Zondervan (first published September 13th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Work, Love, Pray, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Work, Love, Pray

In Work Love Pray, Paddison draws on her experience as a senior executive to outline the problems that Christian women face in the workforce, and to suggest ways to maintain and grow as a Christian. She has a chatty and personable style which makes the book easy to read, and each chapter has real-life examples from Paddison’s own life, and from the lives of other Christian women in business. One of her main points is how few churches adequately cater for Christian professionals, especially profe ...more

Work, Love, Pray by Diane Paddison – Book Review
by hugapoohlouise

Zondervan graciously sent me a review copy of "Work, Love, Pray" by Diane Paddison. In exchange for a review. I received no compensation just a review copy of the above book. Work, Love, Pray by Diane Paddison is published by Zondervan and is available in print copy or e-book format.

From the back cover: "Is It Possible to Have It All at Once? Do you wonder if your dreams for a successful career and a thriving personal life could e
Katie Casey
Jul 25, 2012 Katie Casey rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: working Christian women
I honestly almost put this book down about 1/3 through. I had bought it after reading part of it on a blog somewhere and thought it sounded intriguing, but I was starting to get disappointed in the beginning. The first 1/3 to 1/2 of the book is a necessity (I now see) for Diane Paddison to establish her credibility as a very successful business woman, but I was looking for more advise and less autobiography. Now, however I am so glad that I stuck it through and learned where Paddison was coming ...more
Great book for young, intelligent Christian women who are concerned about how an ambitious career may affect their current or future families. Paddison offers practical advice about succeeding in the workplace with boundaries in place about how much time to spend away from family. A fairly conservative (her own description) professional Christian woman herself, rather than debate politics or theology, she instead thinks from a practical, problem-solving perspective about how to balance work, fam ...more
Jordan Johnson
Not only is this book written by a woman who belongs to an organization that I belong to -- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) -- but, she also was the Chief Operating Officer of the company I work for, CBRE. This book, Work, Love Pray, is a book I wish I had been given the first day I started working in the Commercial Real Estate Industry, and even years ago, when I graduated from College. It reminds you of the importance of balancing the things that are most important, and prioritizing them i ...more
As a professional working in the creative field this book helped me understand my disconnection with my church and the difficulty of finding peers.
Reagan Ramsey
really enjoyed this book, it's both practical and insightful. i appreciate how intentional Paddison is about balance. in business, it's very easy to feel that you HAVE to take this position or it will look bad...when in reality, your life is more than your work and if you find that you're sacrificing the other areas of your life in order to get ahead, you might be on a path to personal disaster. life is need to be so busy that you don't have time to live it.
I started reading this book the second semester of my senior year in college. At the time I was anxious about all the upcoming changes. This book provided encouragement to my fears in all aspects of life: family, career, relationships, faith; the list goes on and on. It contains great advise and insight, and I recommend it 100% for any women venturing into the work force for the first time.
Timan Goshit
Great insight for Christian female professionals, especially those just starting their careers! Loved her honesty and transparency regarding her own struggles, accomplishments and God's grace throughout.
A must read for every professional woman. Geared toward mentoring working women, Diane Paddison's book is full of insight, wisdom, and practical tips on how to handle oneself with integrity and professionalism in the workplace.
great concepts and advice. writing was ok. this is a brest perspective on being a working woman and a working wife /mom.
Rachel Gruebbel
My father met the author and got me the book, so I'd better read it before he gets mad....
Sunita marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Gaby Pantoja
Gaby Pantoja marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Aimee Bhatia
Aimee Bhatia marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Angela added it
Nov 05, 2015
Caiti marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
RaShea Robinson
RaShea Robinson marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Alexandra Leonardo
Alexandra Leonardo marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Kim Johnson
Kim Johnson marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Jody Harralson
Jody Harralson marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Holly Voth
Holly Voth marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015