Start by marking “Lords of Kobol - Book One: Apotheosis” as Want to Read:
Lords of Kobol - Book One: Apotheosis

Lords of Kobol - Book One: Apotheosis

Thousands of years before the Cylons destroyed the Twelve Colonies and the Battlestar Galactica led a ragtag fleet to Earth, the Lords of Kobol lived among mankind in peace and harmony. Zeus, Hera, Apollo, Athena, Ares ... the gods provided and the people worshipped. But who or what were they?

Humanity has reached the pinnacle of their civilization, thanks to the Lords. Onc
Nook, NOOK Book Edition
Published August 3rd 2011 by Edward T. Yeatts III, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Lords of Kobol - Book One, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lords of Kobol - Book One

Vanessa
There's a hole in my heart Galactica-shaped since 2009 that only gets filled up again every time I watch Battlestar Galactica*. As of today I can safely say I've found another way to dive into this universe and feel happiness bubbling in this heart of mine even without the appearance of favourite characters, be it human, humanoids or battlestars. It's almost as if life has meaning again.

Lords of Kobol - Book One: Apotheosis is the non-canon prequel about the time when gods walked among humans an
w!L. Gumucio
Nov 12, 2011 w!L. Gumucio rated it it was amazing
I could not love this book more! A definite must-read for any lover of BSG who might have wondered what the hell happened on Kobol before the humans left for the 12 worlds. I can't wait to read the next 2 books.
Jason Tiearney
Aug 07, 2012 Jason Tiearney rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, read-in-2012
I became aware of this author through his Twitter feed when he requested to follow me to promote his books. He had me hooked right away with the Battlestar Galactica connection, but I was a little bit unsure about what to think of some free books from a guy on the internet. Since the books were free, I went ahead and downloaded copies for my Nook, and I just finished the first book in the series. Whatever expectations I had were met and exceeded as I read this novel. Yeatts shows incredible ...more
Dan Pacheco
Jan 03, 2012 Dan Pacheco rated it really liked it
This is possibly one of the best pieces of fan fiction I've ever read -- but then again, I'm a devout fan of Ronald D. Moore's Battlestar Galactica TV series, so take that for what it's worth. If, like me, you were disappointed with the unanswered questions and stunted plot lines at the end of the award-winning BSG series, you'll enjoy this story of the "gods" of Olympus on ancient Kobol.

The Lords of Kobol draws heavily on the phrase, "All of this has happened beofore, and all of it will happen
Jimmy
May 12, 2016 Jimmy rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jimmy by: Barnes & Noble.com
Every year I like to watch the new Battlestar Galactica again. It's one of my favorite TV shows of all time! With this annual event, I find it impossible not to remember the fantastic work Edward T. Yeatts III did in his books while staying true to the TV series.
In my opinion the best thing I take away from Lords of Kobol Apotheosis is the vision/angels Apollo and Aurora see which mirror with Baltar's & Six's, making it fit perfectly in the TV series and not just a tie-in or more tales of.
Th
Stephen Gower
Sep 26, 2011 Stephen Gower rated it liked it
I had two separate impressions while reading through this book, each coming at different times.

1) I can see why this book was rejected by publishers
This is the impression I got when I first started reading the book. I don't intend to say that with any malice, nor that I think I could do better (in fact I recognize some of my own mistakes that I would have made in the writing). What I mean to say is, it's a little unpolished in places and reads like an amateur novelist - HOWEVER, I truly respect
Alex Moore
Jan 05, 2016 Alex Moore rated it really liked it
The story was alright. The premise was decent. The style of going back and forth like George Martin in A Song of Ice and Fire was tedious as was the jumping to and fro in time. The more I read the more I enjoyed it. I wish the chapters had been laid out a bit different but all in all it has really grown on me. It did take a bit to get into it but realizing I read it in two days is something I have down since the Harry Potter series.

So my initial rating was lower. But I upped it after having tho
Jenny
Jun 21, 2012 Jenny rated it it was ok
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
This is a prequel of Battlestar Galactica which is heavily influenced by Greek/Roman mythology. In this story, the gods of Kobol live during a time of peace and prosperity. Unfortunately threats to the continuation of their lifestyle arrive in the forms of boredom, organic Cylons, and monotheist believers. I preferred the original series from the 1970's and this book was more similar to the latest version.
Vikram
Mar 06, 2015 Vikram rated it really liked it
This book was really good. I enjoyed it although I thought it was a bit slow at first and didn't pick up fast but at a moderate pace, later. I would say I'm a bit biased because I loved the series and every time I read I'd try to related it to BSG. So I can't see too many flaws. Probably the only thing I thought was the use of certain words that didn't make sense but it wasn't too bad in frequency. Definitely a read of you're into the BSG universe themes.
Forrest
Apr 25, 2012 Forrest rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Battlestar Galactia and the short-lived Battlestar prequel show, Caprica. These three books really satisfied me as a fan. I always wanted to know the back story Kobol and the people who lived there. The basic story is about a civilization in decline and the Lords who try to maintain it. Many parts of the BSG series are explained throughout the trilogy. I highly recommend these books to any fan of the series.
John Bardinelli
Apr 03, 2013 John Bardinelli rated it it was amazing
A very impressive book. Thoughtful, intriguing, meaningful, and intelligent, all without sacrificing readability. The fact that it's based in the Battlestar Galactica universe is almost secondary, but that it is adds a new level of wonder to it. Looking forward to continuing the series. Hats off to the author!
Shane Downton
Aug 20, 2012 Shane Downton rated it it was amazing
Feeling the void of no Battlestar Galactica the lords of Kobol answered me with an awesome my love of BSG via twitter. Download this free e-book I've written says this random person. It's not endorsed by the creators but written for the fans. It delivered the back story to everything you need to know about BSG. I consider it to be canon. I couldn't put them down till I'd read every page.
Keith Hughes
Aug 04, 2015 Keith Hughes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
This was an unusual book, with the main characters being the Lords of Kobol and Cylons, the plot unravels over centuries. And there is plenty of pre-history to go. I had a great time being back in the Battlestar Galatica universe and will be continuing this series soon.
Jimmacc
Jan 19, 2015 Jimmacc rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book. You can see the world of the new Galactica, and its results, taking shape.
Cathy
Nov 25, 2014 Cathy rated it really liked it
I loved the new spin for the whole series on how the Gods came to be. I loved all the books. The plot and storyline were great
Eric
Aug 15, 2012 Eric rated it really liked it
Excellent read for Battlestar Galactica fans. The author has put much thought and has effectively tied Roman/Greek mythology to create an interesting tale that is an easy read.
Richard
Jun 24, 2012 Richard rated it really liked it
I have to say, I didn't expect much from a free book from B&N, but this is definitely a fun, well-written piece of fan fiction that any BSG fan should enjoy.
Michael
Feb 18, 2012 Michael rated it really liked it
Surprisingly a really great book. Does a great job of expanding on the mythology of BSG while maintaining the same tone and themes.
George Kwiatkowski
George Kwiatkowski rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2015
Charles Rabun
Charles Rabun rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2013
Lawrence
Lawrence rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Wtall
Wtall rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2015
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Carroll Goss
Carroll Goss rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2012
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2012
Richard Sergeant
Richard Sergeant rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Jenny Leek
Jenny Leek rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Jeff Ross
Jeff Ross rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
Kristal Mcclure
Kristal Mcclure rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Edward T. Yeatts III (call him "Trey") is a resident of Richmond, VA. He is married (since 1999) and has a son (since 2002). A lifelong fan of science fiction, various franchises of interest include "Star Trek," Star Wars," "Battlestar Galactica," "Lord of the Rings," "Dune," DC Comics, and quite a few more.
More about Edward T. Yeatts III...