Start by marking “Chinese Food Made Easy: 100 simple, healthy recipes from easy-to-find ingredients” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Chinese Food Made Easy...
Ching-He Huang

Ching-He Huang is one of the brightest stars in modern Chinese cooking in the UK. Each week in her new BBC2 series she re-invents the nation's favourite Chinese dishes, modernising them with fresh, easy to buy ingredients, and offering simple practical tips and techniques. These are brought together in this beautiful book to accompany the series.Drawing on the experiences ...more
Published June 10th 2010 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Chinese Food Made Easy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chinese Food Made Easy

Tobias Reeks
Jul 31, 2015 Tobias Reeks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I've loved Chinese food since the first time I went to a restaurant as a child and ordering from the takeaway was an expensive and unhealthy habit of mine at university. I always thought that recreating those flavours out of the restaurant environment was quite impossible - not so!

In this wonderful book, Ching takes the mystery out of delicious Chinese cooking. You're likely to have many of the ingredients in your kitchen already - garlic, root ginger, oil. By taking the illusions out of Chinese
Sep 08, 2016 CP rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always steered clear of cooking chinese...till now.

After seeing the excellent TV programme, this book is a delight.

Great recipes, easy to prepare and very tasty.

If you like chinese food don't hesitate to add it to your collection.
Ninja Neko
Feb 22, 2014 Ninja Neko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wishlist, cookbooks
This one is going on my wishlist, even though I've just bought myself a Ken Hom book I've yet to fully try out. Both have simple recipes that look achievable and tasty. Ching-He's style is somewhat different as she seems to incorporate more vegetables in her dishes, giving some of them a "healthier" feel. As I'm trying to eat more vegetables her recipes seem like a good fit for me. I'll still be cooking the classics from Ken Hom, but this book could be a good weekday stir-fry guide for me.
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 2008
Author: Ching-He Huang
Recommended for: fan's of chinese food

A very good chinese cooking book that has alot of recipes that taste great! The recipes are easy to make and simple to do, they are very flavourful, smell great! If you are wanting to try out doing some chinese recipes then this is a great book for you to look at :) The ingredients that are in the recipes aren't hard to find most of them can be found at the local shop which means that there is no excuse for not trying out
There's a real mix of food in this book, and don't let the title fool you into thinking that they're actually easy. You also won't find a lot of your old favourites - no sweet and sour for example. Despite that, this is a great book with easy to follow reliable recipes which produce delicious food.
Dec 12, 2011 Etty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book and the show. It's really easy to follow because she is really modernized the classic recipes. I love Chinese foods and never get bored to eat it!
Apr 13, 2012 Anula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
Great book and my full review is here
Nick Warren
Easy is a relative term here. I don't cook a lot of Chinese, but the Dan Dan noodles recipe that Kaine uses in Act 2 of Execution is Everything is Ching's... and well worth making.
Tracey rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Alan spiers
Alan spiers rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Adele rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2013
Wayne Farmer
Wayne Farmer rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Allison rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2011
Quasar rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2010
jason wells
jason wells rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Anne Baker
Anne Baker rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Chris Hardekopf
Chris Hardekopf rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2011
Yan rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Eddie rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Jenny Street
Jenny Street rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Claire Avelino
Claire Avelino rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2015
John Argles
John Argles rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2013
michael milward
michael milward rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
C O'Hanlon
C O'Hanlon rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2015
Doug rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Carol rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2011
Lisa rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2011
Katy B
Katy B rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Margaret rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Sonic Alpha
Sonic Alpha rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Harmony Chinese Takeaway Review: Your Bournemouth stop for the best Chinese foods 1 1 Oct 18, 2016 06:47AM
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong title 3 12 Jun 07, 2014 05:08PM
  • Gordon Ramsay's Great Escape: 100 Of My Favourite Indian Recipes
  • The Wagamama Cookbook [With DVD]
  • Delia's How to Cook: Book Two (Delia's How to Cook #2)
  • Gok Cooks Chinese
  • Baking Made Easy
  • Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible
  • Bake
  • The Hairy Dieters: Good Eating
  • Indian Food Made Easy
  • The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
  • Jamie Does...
  • Rick Stein's Far Eastern Odyssey: 150 New Recipes Evoking the Flavours of the Far East
  • Twelve: A Tuscan Cook Book
  • The River Cottage Year
  • Pastry
  • Plenty
  • Bread Matters: The state of modern bread and a definitive guide to baking your own
Taiwan-born British food writer and TV chef.
More about Ching-He Huang...