Start by marking “Iced (Fever, #6)” as Want to Read:
Iced (Fever, #6)

Iced (Fever #6)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  23,456 ratings  ·  3,408 reviews
From #1 New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning comes the first book in her hotly anticipated new urban paranormal trilogy, set in the world of her blockbuster Fever series.

The year is 1 AWC—After the Wall Crash. The Fae are free and hunting us. It’s a war zone out there, and no two days are alike. I’m Dani O’Malley, the chaos-filled streets of Dublin are my h
Hardcover, First Edition, 495 pages
Published October 30th 2012 by Delacorte Press (first published October 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Iced, please sign up.

Adrienne Santiago Mac and Barrons are in Iced, but the story is FAR from over. Burned is mostly through Mac's POV so far--I'm only a quarter of the way through. …moreMac and Barrons are in Iced, but the story is FAR from over. Burned is mostly through Mac's POV so far--I'm only a quarter of the way through. (less)
Angela Chrysler Hi, Ashley. Iced is in Danny's PoV. Mac has some minor appearances, but not a lot. I read an interview from the author that Book #7 is Danny's PoV…moreHi, Ashley. Iced is in Danny's PoV. Mac has some minor appearances, but not a lot. I read an interview from the author that Book #7 is Danny's PoV with Mac making more of an appearance.

I was hesitant to read Iced because I wasn't fond of Danny's character in Fever 1 through 5. I was pleasantly surprised to see Danny mature and Ms. Moning cut back on the language, so every other word wasn't "feck". Of all the Fever books, this is my favorite. And every chapter title is a quote from a GREAT rock song! I found myself rushing to each chapter to see what song would be quoted next!
Okay, that was a lot more than the answer you wanted. Sorry :((less)
Can't Wait Books of 2012
22nd out of 2,494 books — 15,919 voters
Lover Reborn by J.R. WardOnce Burned by Jeaniene FrostIced by Karen Marie MoningDeadlocked by Charlaine HarrisBiting Cold by Chloe Neill
Most Anticipated Books of 2012! {PNR, UF & PNYA}
3rd out of 621 books — 1,782 voters

More lists with this book...

Dija
**My review ended up being a lot more long-winded than I'd expected, hence the main points are in bold.**

Iced was my #1 most anticipated release of 2012, and while it wasn't the biggest disappointment of the year, it comes close.

The beginning is extremely slow. I was excited about being back in KMM's Dublin, but the joy wore off after a while and I wasn't nearly as captivated by this as I was by Darkfever. Nothing seemed to be happening, the narration was dull, and I couldn't bring myself to ca
Navessa

How I felt about Ryo before reading this:

How I feel about Ryo now:

How I felt about Christian before reading this:

How I feel about Christian now:

I knew about the pedos going into this. It did not prepare me for the pedos in this. These are not alpha males. These are a bunch of creepy, rapey sociopaths. Their thoughts and insinuations towards the FOURTEEN YEAR OLD female lead were disgusting. Their words and actions towards the FOURTEEN YEAR OLD female lead were deplorable.

And you know what reall
Anzu The Great Destroyer
This review contains lots of fucks, shits, angry gifs and spoilers. Consider yourself warned.

Hey you! Fever fan! Over here. Hey, wanna know how my Friday night went? You do? It was fucking horrible. You wanna know why? You do? Because I’ve read Iced on Friday night, AND IT RUINED MY FUCKING LIFE. Good times, no?

I’ve been waiting for Iced to be out for a year. I could not believe my eyes when I saw that KMM will continue the Fever series. I mean. Fever. ZOMG. Me loves Fever.

And then Dani happened
Mimi Smith
5 stars

7/5/2013 update: a part of Q&A with KMM

Q. Is Dani older in BURNED?

A1. Crimeny, is it really all about sex?

Q. Yes. Now answer my question.

A2. Although Dani is 14 at the beginning of BURNED, she does mature by the end of the book. Someone asked if she would be 17. I said possibly.

Q. Will we get anyone else’s POV in BURNED?

A. Yes. Among others, Mac is back! Which means JZB is, too (but don’t expect his POV, LOL.) To those of you who insisted Mac and Barrons would never have let Dubli
Tatiana
Dec 26, 2014 Tatiana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who are not bothered by glamorizing of pedophiles
Updated 12/26/14

It actually left me wanting more. The book would have been much better without all the sexualizing-an-underage-girl nonsense which I am pretty sure KMM regrets herself. She must be tired of explaining why her heroes are not pedophiles. Sorry to say, but they kind of are as they are written in this book. Editing, editing! Someone should have done some more of it for Iced.

As seen on The Readventurer

What is the quickest way to make your intended sexy book absolutely, irrevocably, to
Hira
IT'S COMING OUT TOMORROW! OHMYGOD!
Regina
This is not really a review but more of a reaction. Let me be clear, I love how Karen Marie Moning (from here on out referred to as KMM because Karen Marie Moning is simply too long to keep writing) writes. I enjoy the way she crafts characters and the world she builds. KMM is able to write characters that even when I don't like them, I want to keep reading. And that happened with Iced. I wasn't invested in the story, I was mildly bored by the storyline but I still felt compelled to keep going. ...more
Kat Stark

First Book: Darkfever
Second Book: Bloodfever
Third Book: Faefever
Fourth Book: Dreamfever
Fifth Book: Shadowfever

UNCONVENTIONAL REVIEW TIME!!

I'm the Mega and this is the Dani Daily! Don't be drawn by the imitations out there! Get the real news and updates here! I've been giving you the REAL info since 1AWC (After the Wall Crash)!

To be honest, I don't fecking care if you read this book. I don't need you to make me feel better about myself, I do that fine on my own. But, if you do plan on readin
Emily May
So... here it is. The much-anticipated spin-off of the Fever series told from the point of view of Dani O'Malley and carried on from almost exactly the point where Shadowfever finishes. I have to say, as much as I wanted this to be good, I'm actually surprised by how much I enjoyed the story and how much higher my opinion is of Dani after finishing it. I've read a few reviews from disappointed goodreaders but - apart from one standout issue - I thankfully do not share a lot of the concerns float ...more
Lora
Aug 27, 2011 Lora marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-unread

I know how that baby feels. I really want this book.

Update: It has a cover! Damn, I love it.
valee
While I knew I should have never gotten so excited about a book before reading it I just coudn't help doing exactly that. I adored the fever series so much that the possibility of getting anything else from that world had me going crazy. Probably the main reason for my disappointement.

I was just SO SURE the heroine would grow on me now that she was getting her own book...

I never really liked Dani and after reading this book I still don't. She is barely a girl, not heroine material. She is shal
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
1 Somebody Please Kill Dani's Inner Voice Stars

Before I tell you about my experience with this book I should tell you that I DNFed it at 16% which was about 80 pages. This book was TOO FREAKING LONG!

When I began this book I expected to hate it because of many reasons.
a) I don't like Dani's fecks and freakin' fake bravado.
b) The oversexualisation of a barely 14yo girl isn't cool.
c) Having 2 older guys(one of which is millenia old) lusting after a kid is perverted but it's also way too far fetched
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

If you haven’t read the first five books of the Fever series, I strongly suggest you reconsider starting with this book. It’s not a spin-off. ICED is book 6 of the series. The events of ICED occur after some events in SHADOWFEVER. In ICED, you will encounter spoilers that will spoil the first five books, so you’ve been warned.

Readers say goodbye to Mac and Barrons (for now) and are introduced to the World of the Mega. Dani O’Malley is her name and don’t you forget it! S
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Ignore what I said last night. Sleep is a myth. I will now continue anyway. There are a few minor plot spoilers, but most of my discussion is about character reactions to Dani, so know that there will be a few small spoilers going into this review if you haven't read Iced. If you haven't at least read the Fever series, I'd say to tread with extreme caution.
Death on her left.
Devil on her right.

...and so begins the first chapter in the story of Dani O'Malley's life.

I was one of the people who
Angela
23 December 2014 update:
Because I said I could sum up everything important that happens in the book in a few short sentences (and did in a comment below), I figured I'd add it to my review. Serious spoilers below for the entirety of the book:

oOSarahOo ☼Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans☼
MacHalo buddy read starting December, 22 2014.

Warning #1: there might be some spoilers in this review. Get over it. At this point, I couldn't care less.

Warning #2: I'm really pissed off about this. Stand back while I unleash my rage.

There are bad instalments in series. Then there is Iced: the worst instalment in the history of bad instalments. Congratulations KMM, you managed the impossible.

I really should have gotten drunk before I started reading this. I have so many negative things to say abo
♡Karlyn P♡

Really enjoyed it, KMM never fails to entertain me. What an imagination! Dani was a riot too, I loved her despite her only being 14 y/o. (It's not a YA book though, she's just a young character very much in an adult world.)

I had some strong issues about Dani's age and the romantic/sexual references made toward her, but the core story was solid good.

Dani at 14: A girl or a woman?
-OR-

Something is randomly icing areas around Dublin (and further out), and there doesn't appear to be anyway to trac
Laura Wright
KMM is a fecking genius and that is all.
Jennifer Kyle
”My life is so fecking interesting I almost can’t stand it!

description

I absolutely adored this action packed sixth book of the series. This story switches between three povs, including those of Christian, Kat (the new head of the Abbey) and Dani. Each character’s pov adds to this story and the big picture. The writing in this book and the creativity was truly amazing and so much fun.

Dani “Mega” O’Malley is a fifteen years old warrior who is extremely powerful and so fun to read. I love the way she hops
Jessica
I'm so happy to go back to this world. I don't want to put up any spoilers. Hope you all love it as much as me.

I'm so excited that she is continuing the Fever series!!!! 5 more books, yippee!! I 'd love to read more about Ryodan.

TEASER 1--- From Karen Marie Moning FB page
Four nights he’s come to me, murmuring my name, making it an exquisite melody with which not even the divine orchestral choir of all the angels in heaven could compete.

He chimes my name in the language of the Unseelie and it
Jen
Dani/Ryodan/Christian/Lor/Jo/Kat/Dance

First read Oct 2012

See Sophia and I discuss how feck we felt and what the feck we think at Fiction Vixen Book Reviews

I was afraid I wouldn't like Dani because her voice in the previous books was just short of annoying. I loved her. It didn't take long for her to grow on me.

Love Christian. He made me laugh even if he is bat shit crazy.

Robin (Bridge Four)
Reread/Buddy Read with the crazy fun group over at Dust Off Your Machalo

Read #2 I can Fecking take it.

I finished this book AGAIN. I didn't like it as much the second time through and I'll NEVER read it again.

2.75 Stars -

This is the first book in a new series currently centered on Dani O’Malley and with that a new voice. While it isn’t as intense as her voice in the Fever series it is still very different from Mac’s. I really missed Mac and Barrons in this book as there are only a few scenes t
Hayden
Jan 22, 2015 Hayden marked it as dont-care-how-i-want-it-now
FECK.
I have to wait until October for this?!
MOTHERFECKER!

[image error]
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4 Mega Stars

For Dani "Mega" O'Malley and all the girls out there who want to grow up and be somebody's hero.

"I glimpse things through the open doors of clubs that no fourteen-year-old should see. But then, that's been the story of my life..."

description

It's the year 1 AWC, a year after the walls between Faery and Earth crashed and the nightmare began. We witnessed the Fall through Mac's eyes. No we witness the consequences through Dani's and it's war and hell.

description

Humans are dying, slayed and preyed upon by t
Sh3lly ♛ Queen of Dragons and Wandering Crustaceans ♛
Original Read: October 2014 (4 stars)
Re-read: December 2014 (3 stars)

This was a Buddy Read (re-read for me) with my soul sistas at the MacHalo Buddy Reads Group

I've decided to stop my re-read at page 147. This book has always been my least favorite, but I still liked it. However, I am about bored to tears, so am stopping before I end up disliking it. I don't have any of the issues most people had with this book. It's just really boring me. It's only been a couple months since I read it the fir
Anne
Ooooooh.

So.
Yeah, this was pretty bad.

The first problem is that this is not a YA book, but the main character is a young adult. So you have an adult genre writer trying to make a YA character sound natural in an adult book. In adult situations.
Except she doesn't.
Doesn't sound like an adult.
Doesn't sound like a young adult, either.
Dani sounds like she was written by someone who has never been around a tweenager.
Fourteen?
Riiiiight.
My seven year old daughter doesn't sound that immature.
And, just s
Jonnie
BR with my lovely friend Stacy

description

WARNING: SPOILER TAGS USED LAZILY.
WARNING: SWEAR WORDS.

There's never a dull moment in the Mega-verse.

Let's be honest guys, I thought this book was going to be fucking horrible. I was dissing this before I even started. Dani was already pissing me off, Ryodan was radiating some serious asshole energy and the molesty vibes from Christian were so strong you could touch them inappropriately. Then I actually read it. Dudes. Dudes.

The Fever Series really is one of my m
Liz*
Actual rating: 2.5 Stars

I'm saving you the trouble to read it, here's all you need to know to skip this one and go straight to Burned:

Lisa (Fic Talk)
OMG OMG OMG OMG. SUCH EXCITING NEWS! ACK! WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS SOOOOOOONER?! UGH. ALWAYS LATE TO THE PARTY. BUT ANYWAYSSSS...*DANCES*

More Christian and MORE BARRONS!!! AHHHHHHH!! And RYODAN! UNF ME.

excited

superexcited

carlton

UPDATE: a teaser for ICED was posted on FB on 1/17/12 on KMM's page.

UPDATE UPDATE WE HAVE A COVER! Definitely and eye-catcher!

Teasers, people!

ICED: Teaser 1

Oh sheet!

ICED: Teaser 2

Oh mah gad!

ICED: Teaser 3

LOL FOREVER!

ICED: Teaser 4 (basically)

A little suspect here. Is Ryodan saying what I
Kristalia
Final rating: /

This is so not awesome. Really.
This book has failed my expectations T_T....I expected so much more.., AND i certainly did expect more Mac and Barrons :D BUT NO! They did appear, but only in (view spoiler).

Never mind that, except for the characters, i really loved the plot of the book, especially the ending, and i really hope Moning wont disappoint me as much as she did with this one. I mean, all of her books were cool, but
2015 Reading Chal...: Iced by Karen Marie Moning 1 11 Mar 29, 2015 12:58AM
Shut Up & Read: Iced by Karen Marie Moning 64 32 Jan 20, 2015 07:54PM
Christian vs Ryodan 55 249 Jan 15, 2015 04:29AM
Do you know? What do you think? 38 80 Jan 15, 2015 04:03AM
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels, #5.5)
  • Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists Trilogy, #2)
Karen Marie Moning is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the sizzling Urban Fantasy FEVER Novels set in Dublin, featuring MacKayla Lane and Jericho Barrons, and the paranormal romance HIGHLANDER Series, with fifteen books in print in thirty-six countries.

She is a winner of the prestigious Romance Writers of America RITA award, and multiple RITA nominee. She graduated from Purdue Universit
More about Karen Marie Moning...

Fever (10 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  • Faefever (Fever, #3)
  • Dreamfever (Fever, #4)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Feversong (Fever, #9)
  • Untitled (Fever, #10)
Darkfever (Fever, #1) Shadowfever (Fever, #5) Dreamfever (Fever, #4) Faefever (Fever, #3) Bloodfever (Fever, #2)

“Dude, the bush is ready. Why you still beating around it?”
“I’ve lived a long time, kid, and I’ve never heard anyone mutilate the English language quite like you.”
177 likes
“The more excited I get, the more I vibrate."
"Now there's a thought," Lor says.
"If you mean what I think you mean, you want to shut the fuck up and never think it again," Ryodan says.”
171 likes