Start by marking “Deep Trouble” as Want to Read:
Deep Trouble

Deep Trouble (Goosebumps #19)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  4,061 ratings  ·  121 reviews
Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother
Published August 1st 2011 by Scholastic, Inc. (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Deep Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Trouble

Carmen
Sep 27, 2014 Carmen rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
Shelves: children, horror, fiction
Wow, this book was so exciting!

Billy Deep's uncle, Dr. Deep, is a marine biologist. Billy and his little sister Sheena spend every summer in the Caribbean with him on his boat while he does research. This summer the Zoo shows up promising one million dollars to Dr. Deep if he can find them the mermaid that the locals have been talking about for years now.

Billy has already seen a terrifying tentacle monster in the deep. But he has such an active imagination, no one believed him. Now can he prove
Cameron
Not bad! This was very different from a lot of the other Goosebumps books that I remember; it's more of a fantasy story. There were some, but not a lot of issues with the writing, however it's nothing that a child in this target audience would notice. Other than those few issues, the writing was fresh, fast-paced, and exciting. There were some well-written scenes as well, such as when Billy (VERY MILD SPOLIER) first discovers the mermaid. It was a very touching scene, which is rare in the Gooseb ...more
David Santos

They say not to judge a book by its cover, well like I have said before. Do not judge a book by its title either! This book did not interest me at all judging by the cover. I think Hammerhead sharks are one of the ugliest creatures to ever walk......I mean swim on the planet. However, the book was better than I had thought.
Billy a curious boy loves the water and looks for adventure, but everytime he jumps in the water something goes after him. (kids, they never seem
Juan
If you like adventures this is the book for you. This book is full of adventure. The setting of the story is on a caribbean island called "Ilandra." This story is about two kids, Billy and Sheena. Billy is twelve and Sheena is ten years old. Billy and Sheena went to the caribbean sea to go spend the summer with their uncle Dr. Deep. They're anchored off a little island called Ilandra and on a boat called the "Cassandra." Billy and Sheena's uncle Dr. Deep is a marine bioligist, he studies tropica ...more
Hami
Marts  (Thinker)
Out in the Caribbean Sea on a boat with your scientfically inclined uncle, his unusual assistant, and your know-it-all sister. You explore an island, a reef, a lagoon; you're circled by a shark, saved by a mermaid, attacked by a group of bad guys, and then you encounter a sea monster...

What better ocean adventure do you want, gooosebumps fans would definitely enjoy this one!
Abbyc
I finished the book today!!!!!!!!!! I liked it a lot more than the other goosebumps book i read. I was so surprised that they didn't drown when the kidnappers locked them into a fish tank and threw them into the ocean.
Jessica
Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, we would get in fights in the library over who got to check the new one out next. No joke.
Weathervane
Billy and Sheena are staying with their uncle "Dr. D." over the summer on his ship. So they end up like, looking for mermaids. Or something.

Billy manages to be continually stupid, all the way up until the end. Going out for a swim, by yourself, in the early morning, in the ocean, is not a good idea! But he never learns.

Sheena is the obligatory annoying little sister who pinches Billy underwater. Yawn.

This book is not about sea monsters. There is a shark (which Billy somehow manages to evade for
J.N.
I have been a fan of R.L. Stine since I was in the fourth grade. I'm not sure that will ever change. Even though Goosebumps are below my reading level now, I still sometimes find them enjoyable. I read Deep Trouble because it was one that I never got to read. I think that even if I had read it when I was younger, I still would have had the same overall opinion of it.

I love underwater stories. That was another reason I decided to give this a try. It had a good start, but I felt Billy was an annoy
Alesha Wi
1- A book about survival.
2- I decided to read this book because i had no other books to read at the time.
3- I liked how the book involved sharks :D it was pretty weird when he introduced himself as someone he wasn't but haha it was pleasent to read.
4- I didn't like how there wasnt as much details in the book as i thought there would be and how there was less charactors but too many for the sceen they placed it in if that makes sense?
5- i would recommend this book to people who love thrillers.
Christy
Nov 24, 2014 Christy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anybody who wants good scare
I wasn't sure at first if this book would get a five star or a four. I was glad of the ending which bumped the rating up. R.L. Stine took on the mermaids this time, which are one of my favorites. I was glad that he didn't take it in a negative direction with them.

Billy and his sister Sheena are visiting their Uncle George Deep aka Dr. D. They are on Casandra, Dr. D's boat off a tiny island called Ilandra, near the Caribbean sea. Dr. D is a scientist and he loves being at sea. Every summer Billy
T
This is one of the books that i would spend hours and hours to read, but this is also the books that in some parts it doesn't really hook you in and make you tired of reading it. In some parts it really hooks you so i kept reading. The main character in this book is interesting because he likes everything that is underwater and he loves discovering creatures under water, but he hates the water. Over all this book is really good and i recommend it to the people that likes adventure.
Tressa Mackley
I thought that the book deep trouble was a little scary at parts but it had some cool, and amazing parts to. Deep trouble is about a boy and his sister who on there uncles boat for the summer. The boys uncle study's sharks in the ocean. The boy runs into some trouble while on the boat. The book has several exciting points in it. The book makes you want to keep reading, and find out what happens next. The book is exciting, thrilling, and suspenseful I recommend reading it.
Angela
I liked the plot of this book. Two kids go to see on their uncle's ship and get into some deep trouble. The story unfolds as they search for the truth. Read the book and find out what happens.
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
Wow. :)

Just wow.. I have totally missed R.L. Stine!

This didn't scare me much, but it was a really nice adventure. Mermaids and sea monsters.

Worth the time and effort!
Nice one!
Jessie
Billy and Sheena find themselves in "deep trouble" when they swim to a reef that their uncle told them to avoid.
Alicia
I was bored in the library so I started reading this book. It was okay for a little kids book.
Afnan Hafiz
Hilarious and scary!
JJ
Sep 24, 2007 JJ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: R.L. Stine Fans
Shelves: goosebumps, fantasy
good ocean book
Irene Bae
I decided to read this book because this book was kind of horror (but
was not at all) and i never read horror book before so i was
interested in it i put this book in " A book written by a male author"
author of this book , R.L.Stine is author of 'Goosebumps' series and
liked to write thrillers and mysteries novels for youn people. I only
have 2 series of goosebumps, the'Deep Trouble' and the 'Ghost Beach'
It was very nail-biting story. it wasn't horrofide but it was very
mystery and very intere
Austin
The title os this book is Deep Trouble, it's written by RL Stine. The genre is horror/suspense, with major excitement. This book is about a boy who imagines himself being a great marine scientist. He finds a sea creature, that every one thinks is a fairy tale creature. But people are after this creature. And there ready to kill. I rated this book four out of five stars for it's suspenseful, keep you up at night excitement. I thought this book was very exiting.
Claire
William Deep, Jr. is a sea monster hunter. He finds a sea monster and manages to fight it off. Then zoo keepers come over to his uncle's ship and tell him that a mermaid has been sighted in the waters. Being an expert sea hunter, William finds it. The mermaid saved his life from a hammerhead shark! This book is thrilling and scary. I loved it! I would give it 4.5 stars. (This review was composed by my 9-year-old son)
Ryan
Angelo
This book is awesome and I really recommend it because there is an amazing word choice, you understand well the characters and the best part of all is that the book is really tense and it always makes you want to read more. This book has allot of action and the main Character needs to go throw many things before achieving his goal. The setting iOS also very special and makes you imagine the story. RAED IT!!!
Kyle Cato
Billy and sheena are going to their uncle dr.deep on a Caribbean island. it's the perfect place to go exploring underwater and billy love adventures. There is one rule though stay away from the coral reefs. But the reefs are so beautiful so he still go. But on his way there he see as dark scaly figure lurking in the dark. His visit might be his last
Josiah
I think I would give two and a half stars to this book.
I found "Deep Trouble" to be refreshing in its divergence from much of the Goosebumps series. Though the description on the back cover hints at something other than what this story is primarily about, the narrative is well-written, fast-paced and at least equal to most of the best other Goosebumps books that R.L. Stine has written. In fact, I would say that I consider "Deep Trouble" to be one of R.L. Stine's very best books of all.
In my v
Meikstr
This was a fun little underwater adventure with a mixture of sirens and bandits.
The story involved Billy and Sherman Deep (yeah deep!) and Dr. D their sea faring uncle. They happen to find a mermaid and then get robbed by bandits who kidnap her.
This was a nice book and had enough action to keep me satisfied.
Javi
Es complicado hacer una reseña concienzuda de estos libros dada la brevedad e intrascendencia de los mismos. Leyéndolos ahora no creo que ninguno de ellos vaya a asustarme como lo hacían cuando era pequeño, pero éste concretamente dudo que ni de pequeño me hubiera asustado lo más mínimo. Vaya, que entiendo la preocupación de Billy al encontrarse nadando entre un arrecife de coral venenoso y un tiburón que quiere matarlo, pero de no ser yo Billy tal como se cuenta no creo que me asuste demasiado. ...more
Rute
This is not the kind of story I'm used to with the Goosebumps books. It's entertaining. I liked it but it's not as good as the other books I've read.

It's funny how every single main character in this series is 12 years old. Not 11, not 13. Always 12. And R. L. Stine always comes up with different ways to tell us how old the characters are.
Fairytale likewise 3 10 Mar 16, 2014 10:24PM
  • The Extreme (Animorphs, #25)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)