Start by marking “Heart Quest (Celta's Heartmates, #5)” as Want to Read:
Heart Quest (Celta's Heartmates, #5)

Heart Quest (Celta's Heartmates #5)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  1,537 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews

Tucked away in the Druida City of Celta, Trif Clover knows she has a HeartMate. She wants him so badly she’s actually going door-to-door with her charmkey to find him. What she doesn’t know is that he has already found her. Guardsman Ilex Winterberry knows that Trif is his HeartMate, but fears that being twice her age, with a short life ahead of him, he will only scare her

Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published September 5th 2006 by Berkley Sensations

To ask other readers questions about Heart Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Quest

Harryo
Jun 21, 2016 Harryo rated it really liked it
Tehrene
Oct 14, 2012 Tehrene rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, in fact I am in the middle of reading all of the Heart Mates books. I have to acknowledge that I like the male characters more then the females. These books are following true to form with so many other romance books where the heroine has no knowledge of safety or restraints and go dashing into danger to save the bigger, tougher trained fighter hero. I know it sounds stupid when said aloud and reads reads just as stupid in books.
One of the problems in this book is the i
Turdlemary
Nov 15, 2007 Turdlemary rated it really liked it
Shelves: advisory
This is book 5 of the celta series and in this Wildeberry(name is spelled wrong) is trying to hide from his heartmate because he has some power to see into the future and he sees that he will die at a early age. He doesn't want his heartmate to suffer after he dies because it's been proven that no heartmate can survive for more than one year after their heartmate dies. Still later on he has to try to protect her from disaster because there is a group of people who is taking unstable youths with ...more
Holly
I liked that the characters in this novel were of the lower nobility. It was a nice change from the previous entries in the series.

I understood Ilex's reason for wanting to keep Trif away from him, especially in the beginning. I really liked the way the story progressed and the overall arc of the romance.

Trif really matured as the story progressed. I loved the way she pushed for what she wanted.
Aurian Booklover
Feb 14, 2013 Aurian Booklover rated it it was amazing
Trif Clover is young, barely 20, but anxious to find her HeartMate. She knows he is close, she has been dreaming of him lately. So she has fashioned a key. And as a HeartMate, she will be able to use that key to find out where he lives. As True HeartMate, her key will open his House to her. First she has checked her own apartment building, but to no avail. Now she is canvassing the area where the Nobles live, when she is apprehended by Guardsman Black Ilex Winterberry, her neighbour in MidClass ...more
Leyns
Oct 22, 2016 Leyns rated it really liked it
Maybe 3.75 stars.
Paranormal Romance
As a child the hero foresaw his own death. As a result he has forbid himself the happiness of accepting his heartmate. His mate is young, much younger than he and he can't stomach the idea that her brilliant personality and vibrant life would be snuffed out with his death. But he can't stop himself from being close to her, moving into her apartment complex so he can be near her. He’s tormented with the knowledge that she’s going out daily in search of the mate she’s seen in her dreams. Fashionin ...more
Leia
May 15, 2015 Leia rated it liked it
After the fourth book being what it was, I wasn't expecting much from Heart Quest, especially since the leading man was a minor character from previous books who hadn't really gripped me. I was prepared for it to be a let down and I was pleasantly surprised.
The plot suffers from the occasional bout of trying too hard to be a crime novel, as well as a few moments where things don't quite add up; when the main villain was unmasked, I literally had to stop and reread earlier parts in the book beca
Darcy
May 02, 2011 Darcy rated it really liked it
This was an interesting one for the series. This time around the guy knew exactly who his heart mate was, but couldn't/wouldn't claim her, while the girl was on a quest to find her heart mate. It made for an interesting dynamic.

There was the possibility for both Trif and Ilex to become a a stereo type as Ilex was double her age, in fact when he was making his heart gift Trif was 2, sort of creepy if you think of it. Trif's personality was one of fun and openness, which balanced Ilex's serious G
Cindy
Jan 14, 2009 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keepers
Rereading...
Heart Quest is book 5 in the Celtan Heart Mates series. Another winning hero and heroine. Both have been introduced in earlier Heartmate books. Ilex Winterberry has been a quiet presence in earlier novels in his role as a guardsman. He knows his heartmate is Trif Clover. As an honorable man he refuses to pursue the bond since he is convinced he will die soon and refuses to take a heartmate with him [heartmates do not survive the death of their partner:]. Trif, however, is actively pu
Jennifer Richardson
Jun 15, 2015 Jennifer Richardson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I have greatly looked forward to re-reading this book. I fell in love with Trif, the impish young lady who dared T'Ash's wrath in Heartmate, from our first meeting with her. The cameos in other books only whetted my appetite and I am happy to say that this book more than lived up to my expectations. It brought me to tears on several occasions and to me a book that reaches out and grabs hold of your emotions is beyond worth.

This book is perhaps one of my very favorites because out of all the char
Cat's Books:
Oct 24, 2015 Cat's Books: rated it it was amazing

This is the a wonderful book in the Celta series but you do not have to read the others to love this love story. You will love it even harder if you do though.

Trif is a wonderful hopeful heroine who comes into her power and talent. Ilex is a devoted smart hero and sexy as hell. I love that this book is about commoners rather than nobility. I love the older hero/younger heroine tension which is based on really issues that keep them apart instead the hero being an idoit. The mystery here is great
Linda
Feb 17, 2014 Linda rated it really liked it
Another wonderful entry in the Celta series, as the reader learns still more details about life on this planet. These books are a mix of romance, fantasy, and science fiction, the paranormal label is a bit misleading.

Celta was settled by people from Earth a long time ago, there's a derelict spaceship on the planet. The people have developed Flair, a type of psi power. Each book describes new uses for Flair and shows more of the social structure of the planet.

In this book, the reader learns mor
Maggie Holmes
May 24, 2016 Maggie Holmes rated it really liked it
There was a large cast of characters in this book of the series. The Hollys' problems get semi-resolved. Trif and Ilex are a strange mis-match that end up complimenting each other. This one needed a cd to go along so we could hear the Heartmate music.
However, when I finished I had to go back to find where the villain had originally been mentioned. Talk about hidden -- and not even in plain sight.
The Turquoise House is becoming one of my favorite characters. I read the series out of order so I
Sep
Nov 05, 2015 Sep rated it really liked it
This book is a mystery and a love story. The mystery is who (or how many whos) are murdering noble Celtans who are experiencing unpredictable flair. The love story is that Trif Clover is searching for her heartmate and he (Ilex Winterberry) does not want to be found. The fam animals a fox and a kitten, do their part and we are introduced to a sentient residence. Problems with Ilex's mom are solved in "Heart Match", the next book in the series.
Colleen Johnson
Jan 27, 2013 Colleen Johnson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is the story of Trif Clover, a member of the very big Clover family. They are an amazing bunch of family members that are fun to be around. This book focuses on Trif's journey to find her HeartMate. Some make a HeartMate gift to lure their mate tot hem, some accidentally run into their mates but here Trif goes knocking on door after door, she so wants to find her HeartMate. Great read! A do not miss book!
Donna Campbell
Jan 23, 2015 Donna Campbell rated it liked it
Ok, probably would have given this a 4 star but since I had read all around this book and the stories were more in depth as they went along I really expected more of the "Black Magic" cult but it was almost like it was an afterthought...And Ilex was just stupid not knowing that a few years of Heartmate bonding would be way better than a lifetime of something else. Trif strong and has a spine, I like that.
Crystal
May 22, 2011 Crystal rated it it was ok
I was offended for the heroine - the H knew she was his heart mate and avoided her. Oh, he had his reasons but really.

The blasar became a blazer, which led to me giggling a bit when the villainess was attempting to shoot someone with her blazer. I mean; I know they're like deadly to the fashion conscious but this is ridiculous.

And yet another round of anger management issues. Enough with the red haze of anger.
Mskychick
Nov 02, 2013 Mskychick rated it liked it
Shelves: book-contest
I won this book from one of my book blogs.

This is the 5th Heartmates book that I've read. I think the thing that I enjoyed most about it is the interweaving of other characters from books I've already read. I usually enjoy when characters show up over and over in a series- it makes me feel like I'm really getting to know them, and I feel more connected because I know more about them than what is simply in the current book.

Shanshad Whelan
Not my usual read--I just can't get into romance tropes the way I do into SF/Fantasy stuff. But, this was light reading as a way to relax after other stuff that took time and effort, and it made the subway trip pass speedily enough. Her world-building in this sort of SF/Fantasy setting is interesting and the secondary characters don't become card board cut out set peices.
Jillian
I really liked the set up of this book and found myself relishing the many details of the Celta world. I also absolutely loved the addition of the pets. However, this book tried to be too many different genres…romance, science fiction, murder mystery. I found myself wanting to get through certain parts to get back to the romantic plot line.
pauliree
This sweet series is full of everything I love about Romance and everything I love about SF, all rolled into a wonderful package which I can't get enough of!!

I have been spending a lot of time thinking about the naming conventions of the characters and how clever it is. Not an unoriginal name in the bunch and yet they all sound like real names. Wonderful
Terri
May 28, 2008 Terri rated it did not like it
i was lent this book last year by a friend. perhaps because it's the 5th in a series, i couldn't get into it. too many details and strange, unexplained things made it confusing. perhaps some day i'll read the first one, and then will understand the world Owens created.
Stasha
May 05, 2010 Stasha rated it liked it
This series would have reached the end of my attention span if it hadn't had a good hook for the next book - interestingly the preview in the back of the book has a different title from the next one published - makes me wonder why the publisher changed it when they are obviously the same story.
Tiffany
May 12, 2013 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
After Heart Mate this is my favorite of the series. The sexual tension is dynamite between the hero and heroine; that one scene in which Trif is playing the flute to call her heartmate was incredibly sexy.
Kerry
Nov 04, 2012 Kerry rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 8, romance, 2006
Heart Quest by Robin D. Owens (8/10)
Paranormal Romance. Another thorougly enjoyable addition to Owens' Celta series and I look forward to the next one.

[Copied across from Library Thing; 5 November 2012]
Jacqueline
May 15, 2010 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
This is my favorite of this series. I like that it is not about one of the heads of the Great Houses. I've been fond of the gruff hero in each of the books where he's been a minor character. The heroine is very sweet.
Haley
This one wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be but I shall continue on. I love these books a lot!!
Kris
Oct 23, 2008 Kris rated it it was amazing
More - I want more of this series.
  • Ghost Hunter (Ghost Hunters, #3)
  • The Ultimatum (Rystani #3)
  • The Down Home Zombie Blues
  • Shamara (Shielder, #3)
  • Star King (Star, #1)
  • The Mage (Sons of Destiny, #8)
  • Mine to Take (Matrix of Destiny, #3)
  • Close Encounters (Alien Affairs, #1)
  • Captive Dreams

Celta's Heartmates (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Heart Mate (Celta's Heartmates, #1)
  • Heart Thief (Celta's Heartmates, #2)
  • Heart Duel (Celta's Heartmates, #3)
  • Heart Choice (Celta's Heartmates, #4)
  • Heart Dance (Celta's Heartmates, #6)
  • Heart Fate (Celta's Heartmates, #7)
  • Heart Change (Celta's Heartmates, #8)
  • Heart Journey (Celta's Heartmates, #9)
  • Heart Search (Celta's Heartmates, #10)
  • Heart Secret (Celta's Heartmates, #11)