Start by marking “Heart Dance (Celta's Heartmates, #6)” as Want to Read:
Heart Dance (Celta's Heartmates, #6)

Heart Dance (Celta's Heartmates #6)

4.14  ·  Rating Details ·  1,442 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
DuFleur Thyme is a scientist who's secretly experimenting with time. She'll allow no distractions from her work-not even from a HeartMate. Meanwhile, Saille T'Willow has sent his HeartGift out into the world in hopes of finding his HeartMate, who, it turns out, is DuFleur. Still, DuFleur wants nothing to do with Saille, especially when she discovers that it was his ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 367 pages
Published July 3rd 2007 by Berkley Trade

To ask other readers questions about Heart Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart Dance

Harryo
Jul 26, 2016 Harryo rated it it was ok
I'm rereading this book for the second time. It's one of Robin Owens worst in the series because it's so poorly edited and the story is told in such a rushed manner it feels patched together. In one scene Saille announces he's been invited to Dufleur's bedroom for the night but after four rereads of the previous pages I still couldn't find when the invitation took place. There are a lot of non sequiturs and a ton of useless repetitions that would have been removed if the author had done a good ...more
Cindy
Oct 06, 2009 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keepers
Rereading...
Heart Dance is book 6 in the Celtan Heart Mates series. The hero is a great lord, only recently become the head of his family. He finds that his grandmother [who hated him and seemingly men in general:] has hidden his heartmate from him. In the last book, he sends his heart gift out into the city, hoping she will be attracted. With the help of her fam, she finally receives it but has no real interest in a relationship - not because she isn't attracted but because she is hiding a very
Leyns
Oct 23, 2016 Leyns rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it until near the ending when the heroine made what appeared to be a very selfish choice with minimal discussion with the hero, that ended with her basically saying 'I want this, I want that and I want you too' without going into his concerns, which were very real. It made me dislike her, which is not good before the ending!
Aurian Booklover
Feb 15, 2013 Aurian Booklover rated it it was amazing
DuFleur Thyme and her mother are living with their cousin D’Winterberry since her father blew up their Residence while experimenting with time. As D’Winterberry’s sons are estranged from their mother, D’Thyme is named as D’Winterberry Heir. DuFleur also has a strong Flair for working with time, and her secondary Flair is embroidery. So she works at a shop, and embroiders items. But her mother and aunt have different plans for her. They have contacted D’Holly to sponsor a Season for her, so she ...more
Katie(babs)
May 15, 2009 Katie(babs) rated it really liked it
Heart Dance is the latest in the HeartMates series that for me has become an addiction. In Robin D. Owens' SF/F series, she has created a wonderful alien world of soul mates and a complex society for them to inhabit. Everything in her world has feelings, whether they are housepets or indeed, the house itself. Her latest entry is impressive.

Dufleur Thyme's father was a scientist whose flair (magic) was time experimentation. She has the same trait as her father, which was outlawed after their hou
Leia
May 16, 2015 Leia rated it did not like it
Honestly I don't think I'm going to finish this one. I'm about half finished and about the only thing I've enjoyed about it was the brief cameos of couples from previous books. All of the new characters are just plain unlikeable people, the main couple are very very poorly matched, and even the psychic cat-- normally the highlight of the series for me-- is so inconsistent and unlikeable that I can't find any reason to care.
Dufleur, the leading lady, is inconsistently written, professing a compl
Emilye
Jun 21, 2014 Emilye rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves the Ugly duckling story
I love this series! That being said, this is my favorite Celta story, seconded by Heart Mate (Celta #1). We were introduced to Dufleur Thyme and Saille T'Willow in Heart Quest as secondary characters; that story covered the courtship of Ilex Winterberry (the constable to the first families and Dufleur's cousin) and Trif Clover. "Flair" is what the Celtans call their Psychic abilities, and their society was constructed along support and encouragement of these abilities. Flair is wondrously ...more
Lover of Romance
Apr 05, 2013 Lover of Romance rated it really liked it
Dufleur is determined to win her father's good name back, Once she lost her father it seemed as if she lost a part of herself but now experimenting with time, which is her flair, she doesn't plan on Saille T'Willow to ruin everything or to give in to being his heart mate. Saille, knows who his heart mate is, Dufleur, and he knows it won't be easy to win her over especially after what his grandmother did to her family. However now that he is head of his family now, he plans on making changes, ...more
Holly
Reread 11/2012: I was more annoyed with Defleur this time around. I also enjoyed the overall story less and found myself impatient for it to move on. I still like Saille and the world.

Original review 11/2009: I liked this book, but not as well as some of her others.

I loved Saille. I thought he was a strong, honorable man. He really stepped up and tried to fix all the problems left by his predecessor. I think I just liked him as a person. He was kind and loving, but also strong enough to stand u
Elke
Dec 21, 2014 Elke rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance, Scyfy, Magic
Shelves: robin-d-owens
Ever wonder what life would be like on a different planet?
Robin Owens give a very fun and exciting glimpse of what this would be like. She brings our most beloved animals with us. And a few that just make ya laugh.
I do suggest that you start at the beginning of the series, just to help with the explanation of her (different) unique items/object and things that she talks of.
HeartMate, Heart Thief, Heart Duel, Heart Choice,Heart Quest, Heart Dance, Heart Fate, Heart Change, Heart Journey, Heart Se
Linda
Mar 09, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, fantasy
This series is simply wonderful, with the continual unfolding of the planet Celta. This time,we learn about the Flairs of Time and Matchmaking coupled with overcoming a troubled family past. Dufleur Thyme is a multi-layered complex personality, I'm kept guessing what decisions she'll make. Saille T'Willow is more predictable but he is coping with the dark legacy of his relative.

I loved the characters and the plot, both excellent. This author reminds me, in a good way, of Anne McCaffrey with the
Crystal
Nov 29, 2011 Crystal rated it liked it
Why does every heroine in this series lift her chin? Numerous times even. Makes me think they just go around with their chins tucked into their chests and only actually raise their head when they're feeling a bit of an attitude. Weird.

And of course, the "nobody loves me; everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms" trope seems to apply to Every. Single. Volume.

Some editing problems too - like people are from the generation between themselves and someone else? How can you be from a generation oth
Sep
Nov 03, 2015 Sep rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I love the plant surnames. (Thyme, Willow, etc.) In this story Dufleur Thyme is a scientist experimenting with time. (Cute huh!). Her heart mate is Saille T'Willow, head of a matchmaking clan. Saille's evil grandmother hid Dufleur from him so part of the story is her realizing who he is. Another part is dealing with the evil grandmother who is still alive in a cryogenics tube. Naturally, the road to true love even for heartmates is not easy. Fortunately, Saille and Dufleur ...more
Darcy
Oct 11, 2014 Darcy rated it liked it
This one got a little old after a while. Dufleur realized pretty early on that Saille was her heartmate. She was ok seeing him and even sleeping with him, but wouldn't bond with him. Her own issues made me not like her very much and feel sorry for Saille that he was stuck with someone like her. Due to that I found the larger political aspects of the story more interesting. I am hoping the next one is better.
Maggie Holmes
Jun 01, 2016 Maggie Holmes rated it really liked it
Saile and Defleur have more than share of problems. But they also both have Fams. Defleur's Fairyfoot is quite annoying, but Saile's Myx may keep her in line. It was intriguing to watch their flairs -- matchmaking and time manipulation -- play out. The Holly story continued to develop -- to be finished in the book I've already read (Heart Fate.)
I will have to pace myself with these books -- I tend to want to read them rather than others in my stack.
Donna Campbell
Sep 28, 2014 Donna Campbell rated it really liked it
Ok, should have started closer to the beginning of series so I would be up on "lingo"-- however was good and entertaining enough to definitely go forward and backward (since this is about THYME/time I guess that is appropriate. Both Dufleaur and Saille a little too stubborn but may be linked to the fact there are or are not that many heart mates. That is one thing I need to learn about but well worth the time!! haha
Jackie
Feb 25, 2015 Jackie rated it liked it
2.5 Frustrating, because there's not really much plot here, and not really much reason for the two fated lovers to keep apart. There's a great (bad) line, forgot to write it down before returning this to the library, where the heroine doubts that the hero's family will like her, and he replies something along the lines of, oh, you're dutiful, quiet, and you're great at embroidering (the heroine's secondary Flair talent). Of course they'll like you. UGH!
Stacie
Jul 16, 2007 Stacie added it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance
This is a continuation of this series of books about HeartMates. It was okay if you have not read any of the other books but better reading if you are updated with the premise of this series. It is about a woman who has the ability to alter time and her HeartMate who has the ability to be a MatchMaker.
Jacqueline
Not too fond of this one. I don't generally like stories messing with time. My willing suspension of disbelief only stretches so far. Some of the talents are getting a bit to far out there for me. I'm also not fond of sentient cats. The farther this series goes on, the more sentient the cats become. If I wanted to read about cats, I'd read the Warrior series.
Emily
May 12, 2008 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This series is not my favorite and the book is only okay. The book also makes a big deal of don't break your promises but in the end they set more promises up to be broken. However, I did like that the heroine was a seamstress that is always a plus.
Stasha
Jun 28, 2010 Stasha rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Cat ladies
I'm Done with Psychic Cats. Not even the heroine's being an embroiderer could keep me from giving up when the stupid Siamese announced she wanted to be the Time Cat.

So done with this series. The first 3 are okay, call it quits after that.
Beth (moonivy)
Jun 26, 2007 Beth (moonivy) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fantasy readers.
Heart Dance is the sixth book in a paranormal romance series. This is a fun world, with talking cats and sensient houses and a cultural loosely woven around Celtic history and lore. Owen's combines the romance and fantasy elements well to create a very entertaining story.
Haley
This was the book that I was least looking forward to reading. And I enjoyed it but that was about it. Looking forward to the next book.
ms bookjunkie
Intense. Fascinating. Compelling. Addictive. Excellent, consistent background story arc and world-building.
Joan Schooley
I started this series a couple of week back . I can't stop reading them ,. I'm going to be so up set when I catch up then i'ii have to wait for the next book every year or so to come.
Lamonica Hart
Jan 24, 2015 Lamonica Hart rated it it was amazing
This was the first series I read concerning this series and really loved it. Definitely continuing with this series. It was lacking nothing.
Louise
Louise rated it it was ok
Jun 16, 2013
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2009
Elizabeth Shupe
Elizabeth Shupe rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2016
Elois
Elois rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2015
  • Ghost Hunter (Ghost Hunters, #3)
  • The Mage (Sons of Destiny, #8)
  • The Down Home Zombie Blues
  • The Dare (Rystani #2)
  • Unraveled (UN-Forgettable, #2)
  • The Star Princess (Star, #3)
  • Shamara (Shielder, #3)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)

Celta's Heartmates (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Heart Mate (Celta's Heartmates, #1)
  • Heart Thief (Celta's Heartmates, #2)
  • Heart Duel (Celta's Heartmates, #3)
  • Heart Choice (Celta's Heartmates, #4)
  • Heart Quest (Celta's Heartmates, #5)
  • Heart Fate (Celta's Heartmates, #7)
  • Heart Change (Celta's Heartmates, #8)
  • Heart Journey (Celta's Heartmates, #9)
  • Heart Search (Celta's Heartmates, #10)
  • Heart Secret (Celta's Heartmates, #11)