Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 59: The Death of Portgas D. Ace (One Piece, #59)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 59: The Death of Portgas D. Ace (One Piece, #59)

One Piece, Volume 59: The Death of Portgas D. Ace (One Piece #59)

4.61 of 5 stars 4.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,083 ratings  ·  26 reviews
After risking everything he had to save his brother, Luffy experiences heartbreak as Ace dies in his arms. Whitebeard will make one last stand against the Navy forces but when the epic pirate war finally comes to an end, the entire world will be shaken!
Published December 6th 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 4th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 59, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 59

inga
Major spoiler for the series, guys. Proceed with caution!

Oh no. Oh, One Piece, what you do to me!

This volume had me bawling my goddamn eyes out. Seriously, I was crying pools of tears. And I was drowning in them.

(view spoiler)

And even if (view spoiler) hadn't brought me to tears, Luffy's reaction would have done it for sure.
Nura

Ace may your soul be eternal, and your brave soul will always be with us

Sedih banget waktu luffy bilang being all alone is much worse than being hurt.
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Sarah Jane Smith
Damn. What an utterly heartbreaking monumental volume of One Piece. If the cliffhanger to 58 managed to have you tearing up, then this book will leave you straight up bawling your eyes out. And to think, this series started out as a wacky hijinks series. Whoops! Leave it to Oda to make the adventures of a pirate as emotionally manipulative as a classic shoujo manga. Bravo.

The full review of this book will soon be up over at Nagareboshi Reviews.
Marilag
Annerooo
BEST. WAR. EVAR. (!!!!!)

The hype!! The hype, I love!! This volume is the very reason why I read! Pulse-racing, heart-pounding, breath-taking, and that feeling when you can't see the pages properly because of the tears blurring your vision. Thank you Oda-sensei for existing! I already knew how fun One Piece is by watching the anime, but this manga just... blows me away. It's perfect! Oda-sensei knows how to make you bawl your eyes out whether it be from laughing OR crying. I am officially in lov
モンキー・D・ルフィ
Ayra Bianca Magpili
This is, by far, one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever read. My emotions are in turmoil right now. Fuck, fuck, FUCK. I haven't cried this much in a long time and my heart LITERALLY aches. I actually feel PHYSICAL PAIN. Oh, god. Why. :'( This volume is just too much for me to handle. I am grieving. I am feeling Luffy's pain. Oh, god..
Debbie
AAAAHH.
One piece, what have you done to me
Ace, why ?
After all the crap Luffy went through, Ace still had to die. why why WHY
And when Ace said "Thank you all for loving me even though I have the blood of a demon!" I LOST IT
My emotions, and the tears omg. I reread this scene, re-watched and I'm still hysterical
One Piece how can you be so amazingly heartbreaking?
Whitebeard had to die too ? I have to admit, his death was as epic as epic can be though, but still why did he also have to die ?
Lu
Lissibith
All my complaints about the last two books were answered here, and well. A lot of the extra characters took backseats or disappeared entirely, leaving us with a much more clearly delineated cast of characters just as things reach a fever pitch. As fight turns to flight, the story shifts from showing us the character of pirates so much and gives us a clear glimpse into the heart of the character of the Marines. I found what we saw there to be one of the most chilling moments in this series so far ...more
Tsering
The war has stopped.
Ace died.
Anna
Jun 08, 2013 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Well, the volume's title already gives away the biggest spoiler. So thats out of the way!

This volume must be read slowly. As slow as you can. Each page is crammed with so much action of the Marineford battle, that it really deserves taking the extra time to be looked at closely

PS: I'm sorry Ace, you're my fav chara and all.. but that last bit was just dumb! There, I said it. If your stupid pride didn't get in the way, you could have made it to a few more chapters.
Whitebeard however, THAT was mag
Wickedshizuku
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
Volume starts at Chapter 576: "Great Pirate Edward Newgate"
Oh yes, all of the big baddies have escaped from Level 6 of Empel Down, and joined Blackbeard's crew.
With Whitebeard's last words he hints at there being a meaning to the "D" in Luffy's and Ace's names. Then he screams that ONE PIECE IS OUT THERE!
Also there is more conspiracy uncovered during much of this volume. You'll just have to read to find out.
Joy
Dru
I still think One Piece is the best superhero comic being made right now. This volume concludes the end of the Paramount War story as Luffy tries to escape the Navy, Blackbeard returns and the last stand of Whitebeard. It also begins the story arc of Luffy's childhood with Ace and Sabo. Also, (SPOILERS) Shanks and Ben Beckman return!
Gokudera Hayato
I hate it and I love it. Ace dies, okay?! I can't live with it! I keep crying nowadays whenever I think about his death!!! He was the best character and now he's gone! Oh, and Whitebeard died too I guess. Shanks stopped the war! And Coby stood up to an Admiral! How cool is that?!
Jeffrey
With Ace mortally wounded, Luffy falls into despair, and it is up to friends old and new to rescue him from Marine Island. The returns are perfect and the story is well told. After Paramount War concludes, we begin a flashback arc about Ace & Luffy's childhood.
S. J.
Aug 02, 2013 S. J. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: Anime
Lilik Wijayati
mungkin ini adalah salah satu volume komik yang paling bisa menyentuh hatiku ketika membacanya. tentang memaknai cinta dan tujuan sebuah pencarian. gak tahu, baca hal pertama langsung nangis, jadi aneh sendiri, jalan di jalan raya nangis sendiri sambil bawa one piece.
Sarah Lu
Logan
The war continues and comes to its conclusion in this volume. One of the best volumes.
Milo L.
Epic conclusion to the war

Enter blackbeard and Redhair and LAW

RIP Whitebeard
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 28 Juli 2011.

Jacob
Public library copy.
Homayra
Homayra marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 53 巻ノ五十三
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 20 (Fairy Tail, #20)
208650