Start by marking “Young Love Murder (Young Assassins, #1)” as Want to Read:
Young Love Murder (Young Assassins, #1)

Young Love Murder (Young Assassins #1)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  2,582 ratings  ·  240 reviews
First love’s a killer, but so is seventeen-year-old Annabelle Blanc. The teenager was raised to be an assassin and taught to never fall in love. She lives for the job until she meets Gabriel Sanchez, the son of her latest target.

Wealthy, spoiled and self-indulgent, Gabriel Sanchez is a teenage playboy. Setting his sights on the beautiful Annabelle, he's drawn to the myste...more
Published (first published August 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Young Love Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Love Murder

Graceling by Kristin CashorePoison Study by Maria V. SnyderThrone of Glass by Sarah J. MaasThe Way of Shadows by Brent WeeksShadow's Edge by Brent Weeks
Books With Heroes/Heroines Who Are Assassins
31st out of 598 books — 2,323 voters
The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty MoseleySignificance by Shelly CraneExistence by Abbi GlinesHeart on a Chain by Cindy C. BennettAccordance by Shelly Crane
Best Indie YA/New Adult Books
46th out of 806 books — 1,874 voters

More lists with this book...

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Apr 05, 2012 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Someone looking for Beautiful Disaster Part Deux
It's impossible to write this review without a few mild spoilers, but I left out all of the major events. Some filthy language ahead. You've been warned.
glitter text generator
WHAT, Part 1 :

What exactly is Young Love Murder about? The summary tells us that the book is about a young assassin who falls for the son of one of her hits. So I'm thinking : Hmmm. This could get interesting. We might see some grisly murders. No doubt our protag will kick some ass and take some names.

Gabriel's take on Anna :

My girlfriend can...more
April Brookshire
Sep 27, 2011 April Brookshire rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
It's my book. Of course I love it. Can't wait to write book 2.
Anya
OHHHHHHH MY GADD! This book was freaking amazing I don't even know where to begin! This book had me crying my eyes out, mad as hell and laughing! I love it! Totally enjoyed every page! Ana and Gabriel was just WOW. Even the supporting characters were amazing. I want to read more of them.
I started reading and was still reading until 4AM in the morning and woke up at 8AM to pick up on reading and i have work at 10AM!

I made this video since I love the characters so much! I can't wait for Jackson's...more
Kindaslick
There be spoilers and copious amounts of cussing ahead. You are warned.

... What in the ever loving fucking hell?!?

First, this child is out of her fucking mind. What's-her-name.. Anna or whatever. Miss delusional. Miss I'm so above typical teenage problems. Miss Yes I killed your father and we haven't seen each other in 6 months but we're still in a relationship. Miss I'm not a murderer I'm just an assassin and we all know those aren't the same thing. Miss my shit don't stink. Miss Baddest fuckin...more
Joanna
I actually have tears reading this book!

And my head is singing:
Cause you really hurt me, cause you really hurt me
Princess of China by Coldplay feat Rihanna
Again and again! And it made me cry even more!

Seriously? This is like an obsessive unhealthy love! And. i. Love. It! :)

"Death brought us together, death tore us apart. Now, it seems as if more death is destined to bring us together once again. Let it not be our own."
---- this is like LITERALLY!

Ok! So where to start...
At first i feel like the...more
Kim
In my world of rainbows and flying ponies, I think should tell you a bit about myself.
1. I like stories with happy endings. BLISSFUL, PERFECT happy endings. I don't care what turmoil or whatever shit that happens in the middle, the ending has to be laden with sugar and icing.
2. I like stories where the main girl is kick-ass cool. Someone who is independent and relies on her own instead of some guy who is, for whatever reason, doing the dirty job for the girl.
3. Of course, a kick-ass girl should...more
Joanna
I am a fan of yours on Wattpad, so I was with this book since you first started writing it. I thoroughly enjoyed it and think your a really good writer. Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see the sequel.
khungkhing
Well, it takes me two days to finish "Young Love Murder" but it's worth my time. When I read it, it's like I was sitting on the roller coaster ... happy and annoyed, excited and bored ... still I love it.

The story's interesting; however, it still isn't perfect for me. First of all, I do like the idea that the main character, Annabelle ... a badass assassin, is falling in love with the target's son, Gabriel. I know that their love has chemistry although sometimes I feel like it is all about sex....more
Tom
*I am amending this review to include my own prejudice. I am not a fan of when a character makes jokes as they are trolloping about killing people. Now this does not bother many people and if you don't mind that you might love this book. IE Cat or Sirantha*
Keep the wind away from this one because that fourth star might blow away for me.
The book is 2 peoples POV (Anna and Gabriel. ) Anna is an Assassin that is contracted to kill Gabriel’s dad. First thing Anna is not the girl on the cover. She is...more
Annejhoyce
Read my review on my site: http://everythingatoc.blogspot.com/20...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Adam Gregory as Gabriel & Nina Dobrev as Annabelle
Geez, I was so indecisive I probably changed my choices a million times about my visuals but I think I'm content now.

You say you got an inner bad girl? Well then, this might be good for you.

Okay, first things first, you need to understand is that the protagonist has been trained to kill. Yes, she is a killer. I'm not even going to try to sugarcoat her character even though su...more
Honey
Parvathy
If any of you have ever watched the movie Mr & Mrs Smith you will get a drift of what I am about to write down. It is that movie where Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolene are a married couple but secretly international assassins. Take that and substitute the character Brad Pitt with a watered down version of Bella from "Twilight" . What do you get? YOUNG LOVE MURDER.

This is a book that has taken love hate relationship to a new extreme. What more can you expect from a book about assassins? The conc...more
Tatiana
(view spoiler)...more
Jenelle
Sorry, there's nothing to like about this book. Its all so very cliche': Anna and her bro are globetrotting teen assassins, orphans no less, and are beautiful, rich, and expertly trained. Despite being mentored by a famous French Madame, for her job as a hired gun, naturally, she has managed to maintain her virginity and has sworn off love because it killed her parents.
What kills me, is that she walks into the next "job" all sophisticated and street smart, and falls for a guy who's akin to any...more
Akesha Probert
This book was amazing. The plot has so many twists and turns. Anna is unlike any other girl her age and Gabriel becomes a strong leading male character early on in the book. The author brings reality and fantasy together in a way that gives this book a unique feel. While it may not be for all it is definetly a must read. Fast paced, it grabs you from the beginning and holds all the way to the end. I would recommened this book to anyone who loves suspense, romance and thrillers. By the end you'll...more
Janae's Book Obsession
Lovedddd this book! Totally bad ass! Loved Anna and Gabriel you are one sexy man. Their love is a little twisted but is oh so perfect!
Ninoshka
LOVEED ITT!!!!!
Abi
I won't tell you about the book because that's why there is a blurb, so here is what I think are the good and bad points of the book.

THE GOOD
-Not just a female book like a lot of books out there. The action should attract male readers.
-It's not realistic, but the assassins had good humor and did not mope around recalling people they have killed.
-Heroine had a spine.
The killing was alright, not to graphic, always wondering how will the next one die.
-The romance of the characters was even once pas...more
Julia
Holy hell.

Annabelle is an assassin. A hit man. A killer. Whatever you want to call it, she has been doing it since she was fourteen, and she is good at it. After both her parents died, she and her brother were raised by “Uncle” Simon, who raised them since Annabelle was two and Jackson was four. He trained them in how to be fighters but all in the name of justice; they never killed people who weren't guilty of something horrendous, and Simon made sure of that.

Annabelle is 17, but usually has to...more
GW
Let me just first start off by saying - DNF.

The premise sounded really good, but I had no idea that it was going to be that crazy. Literally, if you like extremely unrealistic books, this is for you.

I almost made it to 50% of the book, but I just couldn't do it. I almost stopped right away after (view spoiler) He just stood there, and watched - like it was nothing. But I continued reading because I wanted to know why there were so many good...more
Ashley Fierro
Henry Louis Mencken once said, "Love is like war; easy to begin but very hard to stop", and it so, this reminds me of this story.

Many authors have tried to express the happy occurrence we call young love; and I belive April Brookshire did kind a great job. Love does conquer all in this book. I really enjoyed the story of following Anna and Gabriel's relationship, watching them fall in love, not really knowing each other. Which brings me to, Could you really love someone without really knowing i...more
Mitch
I'm a bit ambivalent about this book, debated whether I should give it 3 stars or 4. Even now, I'm not completely sure I've given it the right rating, but I guess that's expected from a book I consider really good, hell 5 star worthy in stretches, but flawed. Definately better than most spy capers, though - books and movies (Mr. and Ms. Smith I'm looking at you). And it definately delivers on what the title promises, young love and murder.

Anyway, guess good first. The writing's top notch for the...more
Zunaira Ghazal
Elise
I always do some research before reading a book, and considering the great reviews this book had received, is was very excited to start reading it. The cover looked gorgeous (I actually thought the action was placed in the 18th century because of the cloak), and I was expecting a wonderful mix of action, drama and love!

Young Love Murder let me down. BIG TIME!

Characters + Plot:

I usually love assassins, especially female ones. That is mainly the reason why I decided to read this book in the first...more
Radiant
I like totally loved this book!So different from the books i read!
The whole concept of Assassin and the bad ass girl is enough to hold my interest and keep me on edge on the whole book.

Anna is an Assassin who is assigned to kill people for justice.When she gets her next assignment what she doesn't realize is that she will fall for the target's son - Gabriel and he in turn.
For first time Anna wants something - love - but she can't and when she tries to do her work and escape..her identity is reve...more
Dianne Marlice

This is freaking amazing! I never thought I'd get hooked the instant I've read this! This is too cool! Anna and Gabriel was just WOW. I bawled my eyes out, (Seriously! Who wouldve thought reading assassins book would make you cry? Only April Brookshire does! Uggggh!!!) mad laugh as hell and obsessed this unhealthy love story! I cant freaking wait fo...more
Jady Arewar
Mar 19, 2012 Jady Arewar rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: unfinished
I had really high expectations going in because of all the reviews and was just terribly disappointed. I couldn't finish this book. I'm not sure what kind of genre this is supposed to be, but whatever it is it is not suited for me.

The book read like it was written by 10 year olds for other 10 year olds. There were so many grammar problems, incoherent scene transitions, and rambling sentences it made it impossible for me to read.

I enjoy the young adult genre, and I'm used to a lower writing grade...more
Monika
Okay now I don't even know where to start.
Firstly: this book was AMAZINGLY portrayed, I loved it alot! I've been dying to read something like this which has the right amount action, tragedy, love of all kind and an awesome plot.
(view spoiler)...more
Tatiana Sandoval
IF YOU HAVENT READ THIS BOOK YET STOP SCROLLING, OPEN A NEW TAB, AND BUY THIS DANG BOOK!!

IT WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THE "BAD" GUY!! UGHH I LOVE EVERY SINGLE WORD OF THIS BOOK I READ IT TWICE IN A ROW!! MUST MUST MUST READ!!

THIS BOOK HAS THE PERFECT AMOUNT ROMANCE AND TRAGEDY AND YUMMINESS!!!
Jpatter5
I read a lot of books and usually don't write reviews, but this book deserves a resounding five stars and words of praise. It was perfect! It has edge of your seat action, toe curling romance, and laugh out loud humor. I loved it and can will tell everyone who loves a good read to check this book out!
  • A Little Less Girl
  • A Whisper To A Scream (The Sociopath Diaries, #1)
  • Untouchable (Untouchable, #1)
  • The Ocean
  • Thomas & January (Sleepless, #2)
  • Unlovable (Port Fare, #1)
  • First Light (Project Five Fifteen #1)
  • The Academy
  • Going Under (Going Under, #1)
  • The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes, #2)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
  • Old Wounds (Old Wounds, #1)
  • Awakening the Mobster (Mobster, #2)
  • The Wrong Path
  • Serial Hottie
  • Foolish Games (Foolish Games, #1)
  • Truth and Humility (Captive, #1)
  • Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2)
April lives in Denver, CO and spends her time catching up on her favorite CW shows, going to concerts and frequenting used book stores across the city.

When she's not doing those things, she's listening to her 7 year old son tell her that video games are way cooler than books.

The author of the Young Assassins and Beware of Bad Boy series, she also writes the Dead Chaos series with her brother, Ryan...more
More about April Brookshire...
Beware of Bad Boy (Beware of Bad Boy #1) Danger! Bad Boy  (Beware of Bad Boy #2) Dead Chaos (Dead Chaos #1) Untitled (Young Assassins, #2) Toxic Bad Boy  (Beware of Bad Boy #3)

“My existence is colorless when I’m not imagining you. You haunt me, Annabelle. ” 31 likes
“I want you back, Annabelle.” This time my laughter is full of nothing but genuine humor. It’s that ‘oh my god, I can’t believe that’ kind of humor. I lean forward and put my face in my palms, still laughing. “Holy crap,” I say in-between laughs, “that’s hilarious.” I peek up at him to see his disgruntled expression and then bust up laughing again.  “I’m serious,” he grunts out, looking cute in his exasperation, damn him. Not done, I hold up a hand. “Oh, oh, wait. Just let me go get my gun so you can shoot me again. Of course I want to get back together with you, Gabriel.” Putting on a serious face, I say earnestly, “He shoots me because he loves me.” 27 likes