Start by marking “Expecting to See Jesus: A Wake-Up Call for God's People” as Want to Read:
Expecting to See Jesus: A Wake-Up Call for God's People

Expecting to See Jesus: A Wake-Up Call for God's People

In this expanded edition of I Saw the Lord, revival speaker and president and CEO of AnGeL Ministries Anne Graham Lotz calls Christians to wake up to the fact Jesus may come in their lifetime. She shows us how we can experience an authentic, deeper, richer relationship with God through a life-changing, fire-blazing personal revival.
Published August 23rd 2011 by Zondervan (first published July 7th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Expecting to See Jesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Expecting to See Jesus

Kathy Bowling
Aug 20, 2012 Kathy Bowling rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are tired of following the Lord half way and want to pursue Him as your ultimate passion, I challenge you to read this book.
Gail Welborn
Oct 03, 2011 Gail Welborn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews

Expecting to see Jesus: A Wake-up Call for God’s People, by Anne Graham Lotz, Foreword by Joel Rosenberg, Zondervan Publishers, 2011, 272 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-0310333852, $14.99

“I will live to see the physical return of Jesus to earth…,” writes Billy Graham’s daughter,
Anne Graham Lotz in Expecting to See Jesus: A wake-up Call for God’s People,
an expanded edition of I Saw the Lord that released in 2006.

If I live out my “natural lifetime” Lotz continues, “…my generation is the one that immediatel
Jen
I am not sure what to think yet - I have never read anything by her, she definitely brings the challenge of an eternal perspective - this world is fleeting and so are we - and what IS our purpose? But I am not still thinking through her interpretation of Scripture and the conclusions she then draws ...let you know when I finish.

So I finished...if anything - the book is worth the last chapter alone - excellent conclusion to Who we need to be focusing on and how we should be doing it - steeped in
Judi
Feb 16, 2015 Judi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
This was an EXCELLENT book, work book and DVD. Our weekly Bible study group used this and found it a real "wake up" call. As Christians we all should be "expecting to see Jesus" whether it is at the end of our lives or when Jesus returns. The question is . . . are we going to be ready? In Matthew 24 Jesus tells us the signs that we need to heed. Each week we had great discussions about lessons found in the book, workbook and the DVD discussions between Anne, Henry Blackaby and Crawford Loritts. ...more
Shellie
Mar 23, 2012 Shellie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, nonfiction
It seemed like a long lead-in to the good stuff and I felt like I wasn't quite capable of meeting her standards of revival. Her example of Carole quitting her high-paying job because it was a source of pride for her made me squirm because I questioned how many Christians are able to do that. I did appreciate the meatiness of her sin checklist as a way of searching oneself for hidden sin. I also enjoyed her example of how she formats her prayers as well as her "scripture study worksheet" instruct ...more
Kim Marshall
Jul 30, 2015 Kim Marshall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Is it time for Christ's church to wake up and find that "first love" devotion we felt when first saved? Anne Graham Lotz (Billy Graham's daughter) is praying that Christians will experience personal revival by traveling just eighteen inches. If Christians earnestly desires that their head knowledge of Jesus drops 18 inches to their hearts, real revival will take hold! When that happens, our saltiness returns and our light sparks into full brightness again.
I loved this book. I love Jesus and wan
Kelli
Dec 22, 2015 Kelli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The message of this book was very timely. I liked how she gave some practical steps for bringing personal revival. The questions to ask yourself about sin, the suggestions for prayer and then template for deeper study were very helpful.

I did have to get over the formatting of the text- I found it to be very distracting.
Shirley
Okay. Had trouble keeping a focus, but one good point that was made was the difference between a good person and a great person is 18 inches....the distance from the head to the heart. You can love something in your head, but until your heart becomes involved, the love is superficial.
Renay
Sep 21, 2011 Renay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking. Practical advice that can fuel the fire of faith and one's relationship with God.
Roxanne
Challenging and encouraging at the same time. A reminder of the Holy, Powerful and Soon-Coming God we serve,
Karen
Dec 20, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Any book by Anne Graham Lotz is amazing. She has a way of bringing out details of Christian walk I had never thought of. She is an inspiration for others in her walk with Jesus.
Cherie
Jul 15, 2012 Cherie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read. Challenging me to seek a revival in my faith life by spending more time in prayer and bible reading. Written by Billy Graham's daughter.
Buffy Dyess
Buffy Dyess rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2015
Alice Ehrenholm
Alice Ehrenholm rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2012
Becky
Becky rated it really liked it
May 22, 2013
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2012
Martha
Martha rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2013
Divonna Thornburg
Divonna Thornburg rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2014
nancy moss
nancy moss rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2011
Kathy Kazarian
Kathy Kazarian rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2012
JAMES R. MURPHY
JAMES R. MURPHY rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2013
Dianna
Dianna rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2015
Anita Schweppe
Anita Schweppe rated it it was ok
Dec 23, 2013
Annette
Annette rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2011
Deborah
Mar 29, 2012 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A challenge for anyone who wants to live fully as a Christian. Good read!
Author Jeannie Kirchen
Author Jeannie Kirchen rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2014
Nancy
Dec 12, 2011 Nancy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will continue to refer to this book, to remind me that Jesus our Lord is coming, are you ready?
Roxanne
Roxanne rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Living the Extraordinary Life: Nine Principles to Discover It
  • Come Away My Beloved
  • Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God
  • The Heaven Answer Book
  • Embrace Grace
  • Catching Fireflies: Teaching Your Heart to See God's Light Everywhere
  • Becoming a Woman of Simplicity: "I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3
  • The Greatest Words Ever Spoken: Everything Jesus Said about You, Your Life, and Everything Else
  • Sparkling Gems from the Greek: 365 Greek Word Studies for Every Day of the Year to Sharpen Your Understanding of God's Word
  • The Name
  • A Diary of Private Prayer
  • Breaking Free: The Journey, The Stories, Member Book
  • Longing for God: Seven Paths of Christian Devotion
  • If You Will Ask: Reflections on the Power of Prayer
  • Falling In Love With Jesus Abandoning Yourself To The Greatest Romance Of Your Life
  • Lessons from a Sheep Dog
  • Choose Joy: Because Happiness Isn't Enough
  • Center of the Universe: A Look at Life From the Lighter Side
Lotz is the child of Billy Graham & Ruth Bell Graham

Anne Graham Lotz (born May 1948) is an American Christian evangelist. She is the second daughter of evangelist Billy Graham and his wife Ruth Graham. Anne Graham Lotz accepts speaking invitations worldwide, is founder of AnGeL Ministries, and an award-winning author.
More about Anne Graham Lotz...

“Stop resisting Him. Stop resenting Him. Stop complaining. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop demanding what you want. Stop focusing on the outer wrappings of yourself and your circumstances. Adjust your attitude. Change your mind about things — about yourself— about others — about Him. Relax in total trust. He knows what He’s doing. Unwrap the package! Let go, and look up! Let Him open the eyes of your heart. OPEN YOUR EYES!” 2 likes
“You’ll know your heart’s been set aflame by the fire of revival when nothing else matters to you as much as He does — and your love for Him.” 0 likes