Start by marking “Summer Desserts (Great Chefs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Summer Desserts (Great Chefs, #1)

Summer Desserts (Great Chefs #1)

3.63  ·  Rating Details ·  2,764 Ratings  ·  131 Reviews
Could a cordon bleu chef be a junk-food addict? The more Blake Cocharan learned about Summer Lyndon, dessert chef extraordinaire, the more intrigued he became-and the more determined he was to hire her. Blake wanted the Best, and Summer looked extremely good to him. Her superb credentials were icing on the cake.

Summer was accustomed to traveling around the world, creating
Published September 15th 2011 by Silhouette Desire (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Summer Desserts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer Desserts

Marisa Sauco
Jun 10, 2016 Marisa Sauco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
¡Me encantó! ¡Es hermosa!
Leer a Nora Roberts SIEMPRE es un PLACER. Conocedora, como pocas, del género romántico, tiene esa magia especial que hace que adores, irremediablemente, todas sus historias de amor y a todos sus personajes.
Su pluma es exquisita, y sus historias te seducen y te atrapan desde sus primeras páginas.
Sin duda, es una de mis escritoras favoritas.
Erika
"We'll be working together for a specific purpose," she went on smoothly. "But we're two different people with two very different outlooks. You're interested in a profit, naturally, and in the reputation of your company. I'm interested in creating the proper showcase for my art, and my own reputation. We both want to be successful. Let's not cloud the issue."
"That issue's perfectly clear," Blake countered. "So's this one. I want you."
"Ah." The sound came out slowly. Deliberately she reached for
Ronna
Aug 04, 2014 Ronna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
This book was not for me. I was hoping for a light romance with a little substance, but it was more a lust for food and lustful romance. More sex than loving relationships. Though if that is what you're looking for, the book was written fairly well.

Summer Lyndon, super chef who commands respect and large payments for her delectable treats, is hired by Blake Cocharan, successful hotel owner, to super class his hotel restaurants. The attraction is immediate and goes through some issues before all
Saly
This book was full of food analogies which is only fair considering that the heroine was a famous dessert chef, the hero a businessman that wanted her to work for his business. I didn't really enjoy the romance much, the heroine didn't believe in romance only in her work while the hero fell for quick and strategized to win her over.
Joana Americano
Oct 26, 2015 Joana Americano rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book, full of food and romance!
Melodie
A famous,temperamental pastry chef and a hotel tycoon square off in one of Nora Roberts' romances from the 1990's.Summer Lyndon is an artist. Her edible works of art are coveted the world over.Blake Cocharan, scion of a hotel dynasty is very used to getting exactly what he wants. And he wants Summer Lyndon. Summer can admit to an attraction to Blake, but long term commitment to a personal relationship is more than she can stomach.So the inevitable game ensues.
There are very few authors that ca
Maria
Aug 23, 2010 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
whenever i read a nora roberts book i get immediatly sucked in, and this was the same, although not as bad as the bride quartet! i reaally loved the whole merry-go-round metaphor and how Blake was so sweet with her. I really didn't like how full of themselves both Blake and Summer were, but i guess that was part of the appeal. As always nora roberts adds a little angst, but it was good, and i think i definitly liked Blake better than Summer, since he was such a romantic and optimist, while ...more
Trea
Jul 26, 2014 Trea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2014
I wasn't that impressed with this book. While it could be set in contemporary times, there were little signals that it was set in what was contemporary for its time of writing. I felt the heroine was too self absorbed, making it very hard to connect with her. The hero, while wealthy, was very single minded and also self absorbed to a degree. Yet, we're supposed to believe that they come out of their absorption long enough to fall in love? Didn't ring true for me and the hasty wedding at the end ...more
L F
Dec 31, 2015 L F rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Big disappointment.

This book is so vague that even the generalities are hidden. The plot is absolutely translucent. I kept thinking that something would happen to save this book, but it continued to the end to be a pre teen level book with no plot, using adjectives and adverbs to fill up the page. This book is a total waste of time to read. Pick up another book to read because this book does not have one saving grace.
Michele
Jun 04, 2012 Michele rated it did not like it
I put this book down after about 35 pages. I tried my best to ignore how pompous and arrogant the main characters were, but just couldn't. I would have preferred a more small town feel, and that says a lot considering I am from Philly (where the book is based). Wasn't my favorite, Roberts let me down tremendously with this one.
Brenda Margriet
Aug 21, 2012 Brenda Margriet rated it liked it
I liked how Summer was so unapologetically melodramatic...she has an artistic temperament, is a genius at what she does, and isn't ashamed of that. Deserves her reputation.

Blake was a bit boring, really. He and Summer were interesting, and he certainly new how to handle her but thought he was kind of stodgy on his own. Which is was supposed to be, but still.

Good standard NR fare.
Mae
May 19, 2012 Mae rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I couldn't get past the smug superiority of both the main characters. I gave it a few chapters, but when I found myself wanting to throw them both off a balcony, or set them on fire with one of those blowtorches they use in a kitchen, I gave up. Arrogant, annoying and frankly uninteresting. Bleh.
Tiffany
This book was just o.k. for me. I didn't care too much for the two main characters. They were prideful and arrogant when it came to their work. They were both a little work obsessed. They were both smokers which I don't find appealing in characters at all. The plot of the story I liked if I would have liked the characters.
Mafi
Eu já tinha achado o 2º da duologia fraco mas este foi mesmo para cortar os pulsos com um esparguete! LOL achei tudo muito sem sal, personagens sem química, a escrita não me prendeu. Não gostei.
Carly Ellen Kramer
While this book ended rather abruptly, I enjoyed the characters. I also enjoyed learning a bit about gourmet desserts!
Laura Cordes
Mediocre writing, lots of problems with consent (she spends nearly the entire book saying no, but he knows that she really wants him so it doesn't matter).
Anke
Nov 20, 2016 Anke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Een lekker ontspannend boek. Ik heb het gelezen met een glimlach.
Megan
Not 100% in love with Nora Roberts books. She just isn't my type of author. Not because shes bad the writing style is just not my favorite thing to read.

*Shrugs*
Hillary
Definitely can tell that this book was written 25 years ago
Inge
Oct 14, 2016 Inge rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book. The romance was even touchable. I also liked that it was about people who had a very busy life and were strucked by it. I suprisingly liked that it was a story about cooking and I think I would read more books by this writer.
Reading this made me feel warm inside and that is difficult to do when it is nearly freezing.
Desty
Saya tertarik untuk membaca ebook ini tentu saja karena nama besar Nora Roberts. Di samping itu, novel ini merupakan seri pertama dari Great Chef karya Nora Roberts. Novel ini sendiri sudah diterjemahkan oleh Gramedia Pustaka Utama dalam serial Languange of Love, dengan judul Manisnya Cinta. Dan saya tidak rugi, karena ceritanya memang cukup menarik untuk dibaca.

Novel ini bercerita tentang a cordon bleu chef bernama Summer Lyndon. Dia adalah seorang chef pembuat makanan penutup yang terkenal. Sa
Dennis Hinton
Sep 16, 2016 Dennis Hinton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Delicious, Decadent Desserts!

Thank you for one of your more elegantly prepared romance novels. It is so enjoyable to gorge myself and not gain an ounce!
It has been entirely too long since I have done so.... A steady intake of science fiction, period romances, who-done-its and not enough Nora - I almost ruined my diet!!
Jean Deuvall
Sep 17, 2016 Jean Deuvall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet

Love happy endings. Love how two exact opposites can be so much alike want the same things. Families can help or hurt. Good book.
Lucie Paris
Dec 23, 2011 Lucie Paris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reactions:
Impressive mastery! Nora Roberts was able to build all of her novel on the attraction between Blake and Summer. It was so well put together that the story, the setting or the events become secondary. The author manages to lead his reader by the nose ... She manages to capture and keep the attention of her assistance just by describing in a fair, poignant and vivid words the feelings that are born, grow and flourish between the main characters.

From the first pages, the reader falls unde
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Ini adalah buku pertama dari 2 buku yang ditulis NR dengan topik yg sama yaitu tentang kuliner dan Chef.
Summer adalah chef hidangan penutup, orang rela membayar mahal untuk menikmati bombe buatannya yang sangat terkenal itu.
Keunikan dari Summer saat dia melakukan proses pembuatan hidangan penutupnya adalah music pengiring yang wajib diputarkan, yaitu music gubahan Chopin.
Blake mendiskripsikan Summer Lyndon sebagai wanita yang cantik, sedikit manja karena cara pengasuhan dan kesuksesan yanng dir
Maura
Elizabeth
Apr 13, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summer is a chef of great renown who never stays long in one place, but when an offer comes from Blake Cocharan to revamp his prestigious hotel chain's kitchen it's an offer she finds she can't refuse. She finds herself intrigued by the sexy hotel magnet, and he finds that she is one business decision that he'd like to make very, very personal.

Another charming back issue Robert's romance. It's fun to visit her older titles where you can find the roots of her more current romance trilogies. As a
Gail
Nice story. I wanted a nice little romance when I checked this one out of the library. It's a little more than that. Like a really fancy dessert (I am borrowing metaphors from the book), it was a little too much for me. A fancy bombe cake when what I really wanted was apple crisp. The language is all flowery and the romance all dramatic and flowery and I feel kinda dumb for not liking it that much, but-- I did like it. But it was a tad too much for the kind of read I really wanted. All on me.

The
Chrissy
Feb 09, 2016 Chrissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To start with, his book made me hungry! All the talk of delicious food and yummy desserts was wonderful and hunger inducing!

Summer has a standard issue NR mom: flighty, inclined to fall in and out of love on whim. Like most other of NR's female characters with this type of parent, Summer is untrusting of men and relationships. She travels the world making her dessert creations and never really stays in one place.

Blake is running his family's hotel chains, and has decided that he needs the best c
Jen
May 10, 2016 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Summer is a renowned chef who enjoys the challenge of traveling to create just one dish for her patrons. When Blake comes to her with the offer to run the kitchen in a Cocharan hotel, it's a challenge that she decides to take. Falling in love with Summer is easy for Blake, convincing her she loves him is a more difficult task. Summer's parents have had multiple marriages between them, and while she loves them both, marriage has never been in the cards for her. But, Blake isn't willing to settle. ...more
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • After The Music
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • Christmas with Her Boss
  • The Bad Luck Wedding Cake (Bad Luck Brides, #2)
  • 26 Hours in Paris (International Affairs #1)
  • Life's a Beach (Hawaii Heat, #1)
  • The Duke's Boardroom Affair (Royal Seductions, #4)
  • His Hired Baby (Safe Harbor Medical, #2)
  • The Sweetest Thing: A San Francisco Romantic Adventure (Destination Love Stories, #1)
  • Impetuous
  • Prince Charming M D (Silhouette Special Edition, 1209)
  • Seeing Red (Firefighter, #3)
  • Crossing the Line (Without a Trace, #0)
  • The Playboy & Plain Jane (Dynasties: The Barones #1)
  • One Night with Hemsworth (One Night Series, #1)
  • Warrant (Righteous Outlaws MC, #1)
  • Edwardian Cooking: 80 Recipes Inspired by Downton Abbey's Elegant Meals
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

Great Chefs (2 books)
  • Lessons Learned (Great Chefs, #2)

“I want you more than I should," she heard herself say. "I have you less than I want.” 13 likes
“It does not make you less of a woman to need a man. To need one to exist, yes, this is nonsense. To need one to give one scope and importance, this is dishonest. But to need a man, one man, to bring joy and passion? This is life” 13 likes