Summer Desserts (Great Chefs, #1)

Summer Desserts (Great Chefs #1)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  1,174 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Could a cordon bleu chef be a junk-food addict? The more Blake Cocharan learned about Summer Lyndon, dessert chef extraordinaire, the more intrigued he became-and the more determined he was to hire her. Blake wanted the Best, and Summer looked extremely good to him. Her superb credentials were icing on the cake. Summer was accustomed to traveling around the world, creating...more
Published September 15th 2011 by Silhouette Desire (first published December 2nd 1992)

Erika
"We'll be working together for a specific purpose," she went on smoothly. "But we're two different people with two very different outlooks. You're interested in a profit, naturally, and in the reputation of your company. I'm interested in creating the proper showcase for my art, and my own reputation. We both want to be successful. Let's not cloud the issue."
"That issue's perfectly clear," Blake countered. "So's this one. I want you."
"Ah." The sound came out slowly. Deliberately she reached for
Saly
This book was full of food analogies which is only fair considering that the heroine was a famous dessert chef, the hero a businessman that wanted her to work for his business. I didn't really enjoy the romance much, the heroine didn't believe in romance only in her work while the hero fell for quick and strategized to win her over.
Melodie
A famous,temperamental pastry chef and a hotel tycoon square off in one of Nora Roberts' romances from the 1990's.Summer Lyndon is an artist. Her edible works of art are coveted the world over.Blake Cocharan, scion of a hotel dynasty is very used to getting exactly what he wants. And he wants Summer Lyndon. Summer can admit to an attraction to Blake, but long term commitment to a personal relationship is more than she can stomach.So the inevitable game ensues.
There are very few authors that ca...more
Maria
whenever i read a nora roberts book i get immediatly sucked in, and this was the same, although not as bad as the bride quartet! i reaally loved the whole merry-go-round metaphor and how Blake was so sweet with her. I really didn't like how full of themselves both Blake and Summer were, but i guess that was part of the appeal. As always nora roberts adds a little angst, but it was good, and i think i definitly liked Blake better than Summer, since he was such a romantic and optimist, while Summe...more
Brenda Margriet
I liked how Summer was so unapologetically melodramatic...she has an artistic temperament, is a genius at what she does, and isn't ashamed of that. Deserves her reputation.

Blake was a bit boring, really. He and Summer were interesting, and he certainly new how to handle her but thought he was kind of stodgy on his own. Which is was supposed to be, but still.

Good standard NR fare.
Tiffany
This book was just o.k. for me. I didn't care too much for the two main characters. They were prideful and arrogant when it came to their work. They were both a little work obsessed. They were both smokers which I don't find appealing in characters at all. The plot of the story I liked if I would have liked the characters.
Lucie Fuentes
Reactions:
Impressive mastery! Nora Roberts was able to build all of her novel on the attraction between Blake and Summer. It was so well put together that the story, the setting or the events become secondary. The author manages to lead his reader by the nose ... She manages to capture and keep the attention of her assistance just by describing in a fair, poignant and vivid words the feelings that are born, grow and flourish between the main characters.

From the first pages, the reader falls unde...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Ini adalah buku pertama dari 2 buku yang ditulis NR dengan topik yg sama yaitu tentang kuliner dan Chef.
Summer adalah chef hidangan penutup, orang rela membayar mahal untuk menikmati bombe buatannya yang sangat terkenal itu.
Keunikan dari Summer saat dia melakukan proses pembuatan hidangan penutupnya adalah music pengiring yang wajib diputarkan, yaitu music gubahan Chopin.
Blake mendiskripsikan Summer Lyndon sebagai wanita yang cantik, sedikit manja karena cara pengasuhan dan kesuksesan yanng dir...more
Elizabeth
Summer is a chef of great renown who never stays long in one place, but when an offer comes from Blake Cocharan to revamp his prestigious hotel chain's kitchen it's an offer she finds she can't refuse. She finds herself intrigued by the sexy hotel magnet, and he finds that she is one business decision that he'd like to make very, very personal.

Another charming back issue Robert's romance. It's fun to visit her older titles where you can find the roots of her more current romance trilogies. As a...more
Cookie1
I enjoyed this book. I read it on the Kindle. It was light, fun and easily read. Summer is a top notch dessert chef and Blake owns a hotel chain or two. His Father and her Mother had an affair long ago. I enjoy cooking so I loved the brief interludes of the kitchen in the story. Naturally Blake and Summer end up together but of course the pathway to their romance is not easy.
Amanda
I liked it but not exactly my favorite.

Why? Mostly because the lack of angst. Nora Roberts is fantastic with conversation and simple scenes that adorable. But this book isn't really appealing to me. I need more angst.

But overall, I enjoyed it. The author definitely made me hungry while reading this book. :)
Aruna Nandigama
A Good Book, a story about Chef. A Strong willed woman, who chose her profession as chef, meets equally strong willed person.

Will she conquer her fears and take a chance at a merry-go-around.
Mandy
As an author, Nora Roberts rarely overwhelms me. I’m not saying that she’s a bad writer. On the contrary, she routinely writes books of a high quality. If I’m looking for a relaxing read that’s sure to be well written, I turn to Roberts. That being said, I found this book to be lacking. The characters were just shy of deplorable and their relationship was severely underdeveloped. Likewise, there was very little plot. While reading this, I wondered if Roberts was just filling a slot in her yearly...more
Nancy Steinle gummel
Summer Desserts is another wonderful story from Nora Roberts. You can't go wrong with one of her books. This one is no different. Summer Lyndon is a master chef born in France, badic education in England and culinary school in France. She based out of Philadelphia but her art takes her all over the world building master desserts for her clients. Then there's Blake Cocharan, CEO of Cochatan House International, a chain of high end, sophisticated hotels around the world. His Philadelphia hotels re...more
Barbara
A fun light hearted Nora Roberts romance. All the descriptions of food particularly desserts made me hungry
Weaverannie
Erg voorspelbaar boek over chef kok Summer, gespecialiseerd in desserts, die om die desserts te maken de wereld over reist om op feesten voor veel geld die desserts te produceren.
Ze krijgt het aanbod van een hoteleigenaar om de keuken van zijn hotel te reorganiseren. Aanvankelijk heeft ze daar niet veel zin in, maar na enige prikkelende opmerkingen van Blake, de hotelier, gaat ze de uitdaging aan.
Summer heeft niet veel vertrouwen in het huwelijk: haar ouders zijn gescheiden, haar moeder is aan h...more
Not my favorite Nora Roberts. Just a pretty average romance.
Elenariel
Dec 28, 2013 Elenariel marked it as stand-by-interrupted  ·  review of another edition
Stopped after third chapter beacuse I couldn't stand the main characters: too much "perfection" for my tastes; even the desserts didn't stir the desire to taste (or bake and taste) like happened with Just A Taste...
Sharifah Ainna
I liked it. It was a good, quick, short read. Something to nibble on. Besides it was interesting to know the kind of life 'super' chefs, particularly pastry chefs, have. Don't know if this is necessarily a reflection of reality (I fully realize this *is* fiction I'm reading but still..). Not bad. Like quite a few of Nora Roberts's books, I don't hesitate to pick one up if I'm in the mood for a bit of romance. Beats watching tv.
Christine
I liked that the book was surrounded by food and in a working kitchen. There is not too many more beautiful things than making food with someone- very intoxicating. Summer was a perfect choice for the position that Blake wanted, chef and a mate. Like mother, like daughter brings me a chuckle. Though the cookies that are in Summer's cookie jar is the best, cute!
Michele
I put this book down after about 35 pages. I tried my best to ignore how pompous and arrogant the main characters were, but just couldn't. I would have preferred a more small town feel, and that says a lot considering I am from Philly (where the book is based). Wasn't my favorite, Roberts let me down tremendously with this one.
Mae
I couldn't get past the smug superiority of both the main characters. I gave it a few chapters, but when I found myself wanting to throw them both off a balcony, or set them on fire with one of those blowtorches they use in a kitchen, I gave up. Arrogant, annoying and frankly uninteresting. Bleh.
Alex Carreras
This is an earlier Nora R. and I prefer her suspense rather than straight up romance. That said, it was still a good book. Nora is Nora and the woman has an undefinable skill of sucking you in and making you read on. I can learn from this veteran writer, and plan to do so.
Bianca
If it wasn't for the reader of this book -- I don't think I would have finished.

Summer & Blake were not your typical Nora characters -- something was missing. A lot of something was missing.

It's rare that Nora disappoints -- and I'm the one who is disappointed.
Mel
Very interesting Nora Roberts read. Took me a while to get into it but I did really like how self-adsorbed the main characters were with their careers. I do wish their relationship was better developed but all in all I think it's a good summer book!
Diane
I was very disappointed with this novel from Nora Roberts. I have read numerous titles from her collection, but this one had no real plot, no real development, It was truly a huge disappointment.
Patricia L
More interest in under the sheet activity than developing a plot or interesting characters. which was pretty predictable. (Having just finished Roberts' Sanctuary, this in contrast was rather a bore)
Tbennett
This story was okay, I personally just couldn't get into the characters. Not nearly one of my Favorite Nora Roberts books, but it is an earlier book of hers so maybe that is why I was disappointed.
  • Beach House No. 9 (Beach House No. 9, #1)
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • Taken in Death (in Death, #37.5)
  • Seeing Red (Firefighter, #3)
  • The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1316)
  • The Bad Luck Wedding Cake (Bad Luck Brides, #2)
  • Lady Love
  • Loving Eliza (South Dakota Historicals #1)
  • Bring Me Back
  • The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #1)
  • Mr. November (Men To The Rescue #5) (Harlequin Temptation, No. 856)
  • Not Fit for a King
  • The Christmas Cat (Includes: De Piaget, #5)
  • Coming Home
  • Witchcraft
  • Intimate Seduction (Steele Series, #7)
  • The Secret's in the Sauce (Potluck Catering Club #1)
  • The Lady and the Unicorn (Loveswept, #29)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...

“I want you more than I should," she heard herself say. "I have you less than I want.” 12 likes
“It does not make you less of a woman to need a man. To need one to exist, yes, this is nonsense. To need one to give one scope and importance, this is dishonest. But to need a man, one man, to bring joy and passion? This is life” 12 likes