Start by marking “Fragments of a Unicorn's Soul” as Want to Read:
Fragments of a Unicorn's Soul

Fragments of a Unicorn's Soul

3.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
For hundreds of years Elek Keros never questioned the way of his kind. Until the moment his soul awakens and he finds himself in love with a human. But how can he bridge the divide between their two worlds and claim what is rightfully his?

Content with his life, Elek Keros never questions the ways of the Unicorn. Until one night the sense of something coming awakens him fr
Published August 2011 by Silver Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fragments of a Unicorn's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fragments of a Unicorn's Soul

Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
494th out of 616 books — 1,449 voters
Pegasus by Robin McKinleyThe Last Unicorn by Peter S. BeagleInto the Land of the Unicorns by Bruce CovilleThe Last Battle by C.S. LewisSong of the Wanderer by Bruce Coville
Unicorn/Pegasus
86th out of 137 books — 42 voters

More lists with this book...

SheReadsALot
THREE HEARTS--I think it's safe to say, if you put a unicorn in a story, 9 times out of 10...I'm reading it. I like the horns.

Pop that top, Unicorn!

Actually, let's not pop that unicorn chaser top. It'll just cause me to go on about unicorns, a subject I could probably gab about all day. Let's talk about one specific unicorn, shall we?

J.R. Loveless re-released Fragments of a Unicorn's Soul, a story where unicorn meets the other half of his soul unexpectedly. Elek the unicorn lives in the magic
☆ Todd

I'd seen this short story around since 2011, but never read it, so when I saw it was being re-released, I decided to give it a go.

I really enjoyed how the story began, with a unicorn finding a 3 y.o. boy in the forest during a severe storm, protecting him, then seeing him safely returned to his parents.

And as the years went by, the unicorn, Elek, continues to watch the boy, Jonathan, grow into a young man, with his feelings growing deeper as the years pass. But never again showing himself to th
☆ Todd
Apr 05, 2016 ☆ Todd rated it liked it

James Cox
May 19, 2015 James Cox rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. Unique story. Great characters.
Sara
I had no idea what I would get when I opted to read this for a review. I thought, “Hey, I like Unicorns so I will give it a shot”, but what I got was amazing.

This is a short story so this will be a short review.

Elek is a Unicorn and totes okay with being one living with his kind. One day he gets a feeling, something that he can’t ignore and he heads toward it, not knowing his fate. When he arrives, he sees a young boy who is crying in the rain without shelter. Elek feels a pull toward the boy an
Gabbi
I admit I love fantasy romances. There is really something magical and fairytale-ish about them that I’m immediately drawn too. In the novella Fragments of a Unicorn’s Soul, it gave me everything I love about this romantic genre and more.

Elek is a unicorn who lives in a magical place somewhere in the forest. Because of the danger to his kind, Elek and his kind are forbidden to go out of their glade and into the realm where humans exist. But for the past few years Elek has felt restless and had a
Apr 09, 2016 B rated it really liked it
Beautiful story
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
*** Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie in exchange for a fair and honest review. ***

Elek has never questioned the rules all unicorns must follow, but when he feels the pull to go into the forest, he's unable to resist. He goes out day after day seeking for that elusive something, until the day he finds a small boy and rescues him.

He watches the boy grow up and turn into a man, slowly falling in love with him. However, with him being a unicorn and the boy being human, there's no way they'd ever
Rachel
Sep 09, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
This was a very sweet story, I liked it...I think for the number of years the book had to cover, it was a bit short and rushed through, but it still made me smile after finishing this.
ManOhMan
Oct 05, 2011 ManOhMan rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Reviewed by Kristen: What a beautiful story.I was drawn into the world JR Loveless created, where unicorns exist and roam the world.

While I loved the main characters and the setting, there was a definite drawback for me.

Considering the years that passed in the story it was just too short.I would have been happier if the story would have been longer and the conflict maybe a bit more. It just gets resolved too fast.

Still, I hope to maybe read a sequel to this story.

Neko
Sep 10, 2014 Neko rated it it was amazing
Really hope there is a sequel to this.
It was a beautiful world and has so much potential to become a small series. Love. Love. Love!
Craig Sharp
Mar 04, 2012 Craig Sharp rated it it was amazing
Fragments of a Unicorn's Soul by J.R. Loveless is a great fantasy short story with an unusual context.
Teresa
Feb 09, 2014 Teresa rated it it was amazing
So sweet. I loved Elek and his pure heart. A wonderful fairytale type story!
Ashley Cox
Sep 11, 2011 Ashley Cox rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I loved it — short, sweet, and it dealt with unicorns!!
Heidi Villahermosa
Jan 30, 2015 Heidi Villahermosa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, fantasy
the story is short but sweet.. Love it!!
PMGingTiger
Jul 15, 2014 PMGingTiger rated it it was amazing
SO ADORABLE
L-D
Aug 30, 2012 L-D rated it liked it
I thought this was a very enchanting story about a unicorn who falls in love with a human and gives up all he knows for the possibility of love. Very nicely done.
Mandi
Nov 18, 2011 Mandi rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. Great beginning, but the story was much to short to do the plot justice. I felt like the ending was rushed which ruined my enjoyment.
Meggie
Sep 03, 2011 Meggie rated it it was ok
Shelves: magic, shape-shifters
The story was warm, romantic and short, but to simple for my taste.
Valeria
Valeria marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
B marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Cindra
Cindra marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I love to write, read and watch anything to do with m/m romance as long as it has a happy ending! I work a full time job and write as much as I can in my spare time. And I've had three books accepted, two are out now and one is due in September along with a short story!
More about J.R. Loveless...