Start by marking “Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather #5)” as Want to Read:
Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather #5)

Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather #5)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  584 ratings  ·  44 reviews
The wait is over.
Questions will be answered.
And one last storm will threaten Deveraux Pack.

Kendall Carver knows one thing for sure - security doesn't last. Injured and on the run, a sinfully handsome stranger saves her life.

Published (first published August 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf

Darkfallen
WOW this book was really good! And a lot more tame than I thought it was going to be, which leads me to my first point...

When I was asked to review this book I was told that it was an Erotica novel. I know for some of you the word erotica is a turn off. In fact my fellow bloggin buddie passed on reviewing this simply because she doesn't like Erotica. She even pouted a little because it was about werewolfs and said "Why can't it be a Paranormal Romance? Then I would read it!" After reviewing this
Rinny Rainwind
This book deals with letting go of the past. Not judging a book by its cover and letting love in. This was Burke and Kendall's story. She's running from a horrible situation and he's never let what one woman did to him centuries ago leave his heart. Plus we finally got an answer about the two human mates and the question of immortality. A must read in this great series.
Reagan Whitten
So this is the last of the Cajun werewolf series :( And let me tell you I loved it!!
It follows Burke, the last of the Deveraux pack to find a mate. The story starts out with Burke escaping the "mate hunt" his pack seems to be on, but runs into a very interesting and injured woman, Kendall Carver. Because he's a gentleman, Burke of course helps her out (even though he has a rule about humans) but Kendall has some secrets of her own.
Ms Blake found a great way to bring all the Deverauxes back at th
Shelley Chastagner
Love and family are at the very heart of each story in the Stormy Weather series. The culmination of the the series is Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf and I would deem it the pinnacle of the series. The story line is filled with intrigue, plot twists and action. The H/h are well layered with believable reactions to the pain in their past as well as their apprehensions about starting a relationship. Each has set up boundaries around their heart to avoid the pain of rejection only to come to the po ...more
Barb
The wait is over.
Questions will be answered.
And one last storm will threaten Deveraux Pack.
Cajun werewolf Burke Devereux learned his lesson 200 years ago. No humans, ever. No looking, no touching, no kissing and certainly no making love. Eager to escape his Pack's matchmaking attempts he heads for his cabin. But nothing could have prepared him for the raging blizz
"Z"
This series is a great price.
Leanne Crabtree
3.5 stars.

So this one takes place away from the bayou, unlike the others in the series and Burke heads to somewhere secluded. A cabin in the mountains. Only it's blizzard conditions!
 photo tumblr_mbkqn7RSgI1rb8q8vo1_5002.gif

He almost crashes into another car and after skidding to a stop he goes to investigate and sees the young woman passed out in the seat. He decides to help her out and takes her with him to his cabin. Over the days he spends with her she gets under his skin as she tells him the tale about how she ended up where she d
Susan
Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf is book 5 in the "Stormy Weather" series by Selena Blake. Although the beginning would have made more sense if I'd read the other books, for the most part this book can be read out of order. As I have not read the first books in the series, I felt I would have had better insight into Burke's character at the beginning if I'd had more background on him. But, even without that - most of his personality and issues were explained throughout the story, as were Kendall's ...more
Cbackson
When one picks up a book entitled "Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf", one is, almost by definition, dropping the bar a bit in terms of quality. But even by the "prizes for participation!" standard, this book is an incoherent mess. The hero: allegedly Cajun (this means he says "cher" very occasionally). The heroine: a boring blank slate who is primarily described as innocent and cherubic. Which...do men typically think of women they want to sleep with in terms of fat naked babies with wings? 'tis a ...more
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by: Crystal
Book provided by: Publisher
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Stranded With A Cajun Werewolf was a great read.

A large part of this book has to deal with family dynamics. When I started reading about Burke’s family, it made me wish that I had the kind of family that he had. However, my family was more like Kendall’s, so I can understand where she was coming from. I was never close to either of my parents.

The author did a great job with the plot and I never felt I w
Natframpton
Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf is the fifth in the series.
I think this is my favourite of the series. Burke is escaping to his Cabin in the middle of nowhere when he is part of an accident during a blizzard. Burke is unharmed and finds the woman in the other car is unconscious and bleeding. Without any signal on his phone he decides to take her to the cabin and fix her up.

Burke was headed to his cabin to get away from his interfering family. They have all found their mates and think its about ti
Jenese (Readers Confession)
Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf is the 5th book in the Stormy Weather series but it can be read as a stand alone book. The great thing about this one, if you want to try it out it’s short and sweet. It’s about 100 pages or so, just enough to know if you’d like this series or not.

What I love about these books is the Cajun men. :-) Yes, I love those accents, so damned sexy.

The only problem I had with this one is the internal monologue with the hero and heroine. They both had this. Obviously there w
Barbara
Sep 04, 2011 Barbara rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: shifter lovers, steamy romance
4.5 Stars!

I loved this story! I have adored all of the Devereux boys, and Burke's story did not disappoint.

Trying to escape family pressures about finding a mate, Burke heads to his mountain home for a vacation. Instead of finding the solitude he thinks he desires, he finds Kendall Carver who's injured and almost runs him off the road. Kendall, who's trying to escape her own family-related issues, finds safety and shelter with Burke.

With the snow falling outside and their chemistry heating up,
Angel
well i find that this whole series have a good idea.... but its like she doesn't commit to it? like for example this book had a conflict... but it wasnt really big enough... when burke fought with the bad guy it was for like two seconds... and yeah right like she could win a simple hand to hand combat with a vampire by her self when she didnt have any powers and he was holding her wrists.... it just was blah. i expected more... im getting tired of these half assed made books... no offense. and p ...more
Zita
Last of the Cajuns!

I love the Cajun Werewolves. Selena Blake has a way with paranormal characters; you can't help but love them. In this story the last of the Deveraux brothers' finds his mate and we learn some answers about the series storyline. It does help to have read the previous books especially when you get to the ending. The romance was sweet and steamy. I'll miss these werewolves. Perhaps in the future the author will decide to bring them back for another story. We can only hope.
Jody
Bound powers, goons hunting them and the weather doesn't help. Finally find out who sent flowers! Amanda very pregnant.
Elii Vela
Uuuuuu adoré a estos dos y me hicieron reír mucho, cada uno pensando que no podía estar con el otro por su condición de "humano". Me encantó que Burke por fin encontrara a su compañera y aunque fue muy pronto, creo que de todos los libros es la historia -y la pareja-, que disfrutado muchísimo.
Soy fan de Selena Blake!!!
Emma
Best of the bunch in my opinion. I like Blake and Kendall as characters, and I love a good misunderstanding to ratchet up the sexual tension. I read all five books in a day (easy to do because of the short length of the other 4) and this one was my favourite.
Edie
Not going to grade this one, as I am pretty sure it was a freebie or dirt cheap book, which I grabbed at an impulse with not a massive amount of interest.
It was a light read, somewhat interesting premise, but not really fleshed out or developed.
Michelle Louise
OMG! This is my favourite novella out of the whole series! Oh god! I want my own Burke!! I'm sooo jelaous of Kendall but I have to admit she is perfect for Burke. I so recommend this novella to anyone that loves werewolves and Cajun accents! :D
S.J. Drum
The characters were interesting and I enjoyed the premise. Some professional copy-editing would have bumped this up to 4 stars. There were a few errors in grammar/punctuation/spelling that gave me pause but otherwise it was a good read.
Ally
Quick, easy read. Haven't read any of the previous books in this series and didn't feel like I was missing much until the end were there was a little bit of confusion but other than that a fun read.
Mary Mckee
Between the weather and characters kept the story interesting. The story kept me interested from beginning to end. Loved the sex scenes
Tricia
Of Selena Blakes "Stormy Weather" series, #5 "Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf" is by far her best. It was a truly awesome book to read.
Cindy
These two were a pair made for each other. The fire between them is amazing. Burke has his work cut out for him.
Shay
the last one to find love and the first one give 5 stars to. these are great stories, so go ahead and give them a try.
Tauscher
I like Selena's work, but this one felt a little rushed to me. Still a great book for a lazy Sunday.
Loved the hero saving the injured victim and falling in love. Awesome werewolf series. Loved every word.
Danielle
this was my favorite book so far in the series. So sad that it is the last book. but it had a great ending!
Book_aholic_anonymous

I always get sad when I finish a good series. I am going to miss the characters very much. :(
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • Moonshine (Mystic Valley, #1)
  • Simon Says (Friends and Lovers, #2)
  • Nice & Naughty
  • Takedown (1 Night Stand, #13)
  • Serengeti Sunrise (Serengeti Shifters, #4)
  • The Vampire's Betrayal (Savannah Vampire, #4)
  • Eternal Temptation (The Kategan Alphas, #4)
  • Sapphire (Facets of Passion #1)
  • Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch, #1)
  • Hoodoo Money, First Edition
  • Step Dad Likes to Watch (Insatiable Stepdaughter, #1)
  • Reign of the Dead
  • Wolf Line (Granite Lake Wolves, #5)
  • Pack Community (Were Chronicles, #5)
  • Total Abandon
  • Josh's Justice (Bad in Boots, #4)
An action movie buff with a penchant for all things supernatural and sexy, Selena Blake combines her love for adventure, travel and romance into steamy paranormal romance. Selena’s books have been called “a steamy escape” and have appeared on bestseller lists, been nominated for awards, and won contests. When she’s not writing you can find her by the pool soaking up some sun, day dreaming about ne ...more
More about Selena Blake...
The Cajun's Captive (Stormy Weather, #1) Bitten in the Bayou ( Stormy Weather, #2) Seduced by a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather, #3) Mated to a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather, #4) A Cajun Werewolf Christmas (Stormy Weather, #6)