Start by marking “Masquerade (Victorian Erotic, #3)” as Want to Read:
Masquerade (Victorian Erotic, #3)

Masquerade (Victorian Erotic #3)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Annelisa Fielding has had the blessings of wealth her entire life, thanks to her industrialist father. However, there is one thing even he can't give her: a title. So he arranges a marriage between his daughter and the Earl of Swindon, Thornton Sutcliffe. As long as his future bride is a virgin, the Earl will tolerate the marrying down because in return for taking Annelisa ...more
Published August 23rd 2011 by Gabrielle Bisset

To ask other readers questions about Masquerade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masquerade

Lady Raven RAVE!
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com /for readers & book lovers.

***BRIEF SUMMARY
Annelisa's father Andrew, has arranged for his daughter to marry an Earl named Thornton. Annelisa is disgusted with the idea as well as with Thornton; a man more than twice her age, broke and only wants to marry a virgin. Though her father means well, Annelisa is also upset that he only wants her to marry for a title and not love. With a scheme that involves Count Nikolai, Annelia's plan could backfire.

***THOUGHTS
T
Ing
My Thoughts:
Annelisa Fielding our heroine is impulsive and independent. I sympathized with her character very much with the whole marriage arrangement to a much older man. I liked how she took charge and did something to rectify her marriage arrangement. Not the smartest plan, I admit, and pretty forward for a virginal miss but Annelisa is definitely a woman ahead of the times. She has spunk and plenty of it.

Now Nikolai Shetkolov our hero is one sexy Russian diplomat. When he realizes that he u
LolaLovesBooks
It’s official Gabrielle Bisset fans and fans-to-be—1878 London is so much more exciting than 2011 Nevada! Might I recommend you get yourself a copy of Masquerade and dive in to this book? I adore these characters; Annalisa is intelligent, willful and quick-witted, and Nikolai is sexy as sin, playful and romantic.

Annalisa Fielding is a 25-year-old exceptionally educated woman whose marriage has been arranged for her, much to her dismay. Mr. Fielding has attained substantial wealth in his chemica
Lori
This book was incredible and I loved every minute. Gabrielle has a way of pulling you in from the beginning and creating such a wonderful world you will find it impossible to leave. The story that unfolded was very addicting and I loved the characters. I definitely recommend this book and I know you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Raquel Howard
Loved this one!!! it's my 2nd favourite of Victorian Erotic series... I loved Nikolai... He's so hot, intellegent & patient and he is also a good tactician... I also loved Annelisa. Well, I loved all the characters in this series. <3
Charlotte
I'm didn't enjoy this book as much as the first two in the series.
The story was good, but it just didn't grab me.
Would definitely read more books by this author
Oi Oi
I totally in love this book, it a great book...the have great love in it! I can't wait to read the next book!
Anna
Sep 01, 2011 Anna rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one really
Finished the trilogy. Think this one was my least favorite.

Girl seeks to lose virginity to avoid marriage to an odious earl.

Which she does, and despite her disguise (at a masquerade ball) her seducer figures out who she is and offers marriage. She refuses. He then blackmails her for sex.

This is a romance and of course we get our HEA--so true love ensues.

But what was with him ordering her to dress like a man when she came to his house? Thought that was just dumb.
Julie Beasley
Gabrielle Bisset has given us a wonderful story about a heroine who wants to get back at her father, by going to a masquade ball to find a certain someone

She finds more than she bargains for in gorgeous sensual Russian.

I really loved this story of Victorian England.

The heroine was a very modern miss for her time.

The hero was someone who I fell in love with. Hes one sensual romantic hero.

More please of these wonderful Victorians
Cristina
It was a sexy short story. Very steamy but I wished there would've been more.
Sandie Hockett
Sandie Hockett marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Joanne Zimmerman
Joanne Zimmerman marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Cathy Wigton
Cathy Wigton marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Tammy Wilborn
Tammy Wilborn marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Fusi Faafia
Fusi Faafia marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Aug 13, 2014
Martine
Martine marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
twelvejan [Alexandria]
twelvejan [Alexandria] marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Leora
Leora marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Fresh Blood
  • Owning Arabella
  • The Warrior's Gift
  • Bound to the Prince (Elven Warrior Trilogy, #1)
  • Venice Vampyr (Venice Vampyr, #1)
  • Sinful: Epilogue
  • Recipe for Submission
  • Gladiator's Prize (Saurellian Federation, #3.5)
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • The Switch
  • The Ever Knight
  • Pursued (Brides of the Kindred, #6)
  • Seductress of Caralon (Brides of Caralon, prequel)
  • Amulet
  • Warrior
  • Traditional Love
  • By Surprise
  • Petals and Thorns
Blood Avenged (Sons of Navarus, #1) Vampire Dreams Revamped (Sons of Navarus, #0.5) Vampire Dreams (Victorian Erotic, #1) Blood Betrayed  (Sons of Navarus, #2) Blood Spirit (Sons of Navarus, #3)