Start by marking “Life Application Study Bible NLT” as Want to Read:
Life Application Study Bible NLT

Life Application Study Bible NLT

4.79  ·  Rating Details ·  1,564 Ratings  ·  110 Reviews
Today's best-selling study Bible—the Life Application Study Bible—has been updated and expanded. Over 300 new Life Application notes, nearly 350 note revisions, 16 new personality profiles, updated charts, and a Christian Worker's Resource make today's number one selling study Bible even better.

FEATURES:

Over 300 new Life Application notes and significant revisions to ne
Published July 28th 2011 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 1st 1920)

To ask other readers questions about Life Application Study Bible NLT, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Application Study Bible NLT

Courtney
Jun 29, 2010 Courtney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have the personal sized, black and white floral cover design copy of this Bible and it is gorgeous!

This is my first Bible and it will probably be the only one I ever use. I love the NLT translation first of all. I don't know why NIV is so popular. Both NLT and NIV are modern translations, but I find that NLT is much clearer in the intended meaning, whereas NIV can leave me guessing for days.

The study notes and charts are AMAZING!!! I cannot stress enough how much they have helped me. I am a bo
Sandy Sandmeyer
Jan 03, 2014 Sandy Sandmeyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This Bible is a great version for study and easy reading. The study guides are wonderful. On many pages, the study guide is half the page and the Bible reading is the other half. The Bible is brought into clarity with this version. I highly recommend it to anyone!
Kristianna Holy Cheese
Aug 18, 2007 Kristianna Holy Cheese rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYBODY in the WHOLE ENTIRE world
This book is amazing!! It helps me everyday!!! I will always be reading this book!!!! I will never be done reading this book!! There is always something new to didcover in every chapter even if u have read it a gazzilion times I promise you!! If you start reading and studing this book you will be amazed at the stuff you learn about JESUS the one who dies for our sins and the one who loves you sooo much no mater what!!!!!
Tom Leary
Jun 01, 2007 Tom Leary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians
I've read through many different study bibles in my work as a youth minister. I haven't found any to be easier to understand or have more useful information than the Life Application Study Bibles. The NLT version works well as it is generally seen as truer the the biblical text. In general the commentary does a great job giving very useful information right on the page regarding the historical activities going on during the time of the verse being referenced.
Athena Braun
Oct 25, 2010 Athena Braun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible
I have tried to read the King James version and I gave up!! I was trying to find a bible that I could understand and I found this gem!! This was a Christmas present to myself:) This is easy to read, notes at the bottom explain in more detail what it is U are reading.Believe me when I tell U this is the best bible!!
David Hevia
Mar 06, 2013 David Hevia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Bible transformed my faith by applying the text to my daily life. The instruction it provides is the best tool for understanding the gospel and learning to live the Christian life.
Margaret Chind
*Thanks to New Living Translation Facebook Fan Page and Tyndale House Publishers for having a giveaway where I won a copy!!*
Jim
Dec 04, 2013 Jim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, tyndale-house

With the stated purpose of helping the reader “understand the Bible and apply it to your life” the award winning Chronological Life Application Study Bible developed by an “interdenominational team of pastors, scholars, family counselors and a national organization dedicated to promoting God’s Word” is a very comprehensive study Bible.

Formatted in a chronological, rather than traditional and canonical order, this Bible is filled a variety of helpful study aids and information to help the reader
Shannon
Jan 16, 2016 Shannon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't say enough good things about this study bible. I own several study bibles but none are like this. Most study bibles tell you the authors' interpretations of a passage and/or mostly useless facts. This bible gives you real actions you can take in your life to apply Jesus' teaching and strengthen your relationship with God. Full of questions to ask yourself, actions to take and life lessons it's a totally different kind of study bible. Download a free sample on iBooks and see for yourself!
Carol
Sep 10, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-nlt
1/6/2014

Romans 8:39

No power in the sky above or in the earth below -- nothing, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I received as a gift this NLT (New Living Translation) bible and find that it is so informative. I have yet to use the DVD. Many of the sentences are very similar to the NIV (mostly what I have memorized). But I find the history in addition to the scriptures very helpful even though I still use my "W
Aaron
Dec 16, 2012 Aaron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: partially-read
A nice readable translation, giving some extra descriptives where the metaphor might be lost in English. Also translates into estimates for English units instead of Ancient ones (Feet and inches, instead of Cubits, Pounds and Tons instead of shekels and talents). Also translates dates into approximate Gregorian calendar dates, which is nice. The commentary is all about (as the title might imply) applying the text to your life. Not a lot of history, but a lot of application. Good Stuff.
Chris
Nov 13, 2011 Chris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
easy-to-read wording; my wife has the New International Version NIV but there have been some times this Bible's wording was a bit more understandable.

I would recommend a new method of Bible reading - Professor Horners Bible Reading System (http://thelawmanchronicles.blogspot.c...) - odd long name but give it a try....
Sarah Bucher Stänz
There is a reason for this book being the most translated book in the world...It's incredibly interesting and so close to life today. I just fell in love with that book, it's so great, it helps me what to do in different situations and I cannot get enough from the bible.
it's difficult to say which is my favorite part cause the whole book is just WoW :-)
Johnb
May 17, 2011 Johnb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I've only recently received this bible I'm already enjoying having the study notes there. Really helps add depth and understanding to the passages, particularly for a scripture neophyte such as myself.

Amusing that there is a "date I finished this book". If I ever find myself "finished" reading the bible, then my next of kin will need to notate the date. :)
Rebecca Lundberg
Feb 14, 2008 Rebecca Lundberg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody
Finally, an easy to read, simple translation of the Bible! I just discovered this particular Bible and am really enjoying it. The notes and life applications are just wonderful. This Bible is increasing my understand of the Bible and its applications to my life.
Ray
Oct 08, 2012 Ray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This study bible is a winner. Lots of color photos, maps, illustrations, timelines, as well as the Life Application Bible study notes. It's presented chronologically to help the reader get a grasp on the whole order of things in the bible. Highly recommended.
Dave Petrie
Jun 25, 2013 Dave Petrie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoy the thought process used in creating this very accurately translated edition to the "Life Application Study Bible" series.
Thoughts flow smoothly, making thus easy to understand and share with others.
Justin Shaum
Oct 20, 2012 Justin Shaum rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2010, 2009
3.14.08-9.5.09 - On 3.11 I started reading with the NIV.. On 3.13 I continued with dad’s NLT and loved it.. On 3.14 I went to a family christian store and got a new NLT Life Application Study Bible—engraved Justin D. Shaum..
12.21.09-12.31.10 - the 365-day plan in the back
Melissa
Nov 14, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: loved-the-book
This told me a lot more things than I expected. It's a nice way to start you day. It always makes my days a ton better.
Tatiana
Mar 13, 2014 Tatiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my favorite bible version because for me NLT is the best to understand and I just really enjoy how the pages and study material are organized.
Stan
Dec 20, 2012 Stan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This version is easier to understand but not as poetic as the King James version.
Jeffrey Wood
Nov 17, 2013 Jeffrey Wood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gift from my mother. An extremely in-depth study of God's word in plain English.
Megan
Jun 13, 2010 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Currently reading. I'll never STOP reading the Bible...
Jenna
Jul 15, 2009 Jenna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Written in a way that you can clearly understand the stories. Very good.
sherri
Jan 02, 2017 sherri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this Bible

This is the best Bible I have ever owned. The life application notes are very helpful. I can't say enough good things about this Bible. I have both the hardback and the Kindle versions.
Harold Cameron
Nov 18, 2012 Harold Cameron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I received a copy of the Chronological Life Application Study Bible it was love at first sight. It has been said that you can’t judge a book by its cover; however, the dust cover of this Bible is an exception as it is in full-color and very appealing to the eyes, giving one the sense that if the cover is this great then the Bible itself has to be pretty incredible as well. And incredible it is.

When I first got it I gingerly opened the Bible and studied it as a whole first thinking to myself
Melanie
May 06, 2014 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-books
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R21O1Y3X...
Review on my blog: http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

The Chronological Life Application Study Bible is a great study Bible. I absolutely love how the Bible is arranged chronologically, so that you can read straight through instead of flipping to certain books/chapters when you want to read things in the order they happened. I really liked how, in the introduction, they said that "While helpful as a tool for gaining insight into the
Wanda
Dec 21, 2013 Wanda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The New Living Translation has been my Bible of choice for years. I love the way it translates each verse in such a way that is very easy to understand for everyone from novices to the most seasoned Bible readers. When I was given the chance to review this particular Bible I jumped at it and I'm glad I did. I would like to share some of the features I think are outstanding in this Bible.

Special Features:

Life Application Notes: The best feature in this Bible, for me, is the Life Application Notes
Meagan Myhren-bennett
yndale Chronological Life Application Study Bible
King James Version
Published by Tyndale House Publishers

The Chronological Life Application Study Bible presents the Bible in a chronological manner. Rather than being broken down into the books we are all familiar with the Bible is presented in a historical timeline. Naturally Genesis still starts everything off because as it says "In the beginning God created..."

But there is some much more that this Bible has to offer - there is a complete Bibli
Sc2424
Dec 31, 2013 Sc2424 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE this study Bible!! I did not have a study Bible, and I sure didn't know what I was missing! This Chronological Life Application Study Bible published by Tyndale is a wonderful new addition to our Bible study materials!

Some of the wonderful things about it ~~ Chronological ~~ so cool to have the passages arranged as they occurred in history. Last year the kids and I started studying ancient history and WOW! it was amazing to see the Scripture in its historical context -- made some of the
  • Ten Girls Who Changed the World
  • The Signature of God: Astonishing Biblical Discoveries
  • Holy Bible: New Living Translation
  • The Message Remix (Bible in Contemporary Language)
  • Sister Wendy on Prayer
  • The Prayer of Jabez for Teens (Breakthrough Series)
  • That Is SO Me: 365 Days of Devotions: Flip-Flops, Faith, and Friends
  • New Bible Commentary
  • A Jane Austen Devotional
  • What the Bible is All About Bible Handbook
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...

“   11As a dog returns to its vomit,         so a fool repeats his foolishness.” 1 likes
“REASONS TO READ PSALMS Psalm 5 When you want . . . Read . . . to find comfort Psalm 23 to meet God intimately Psalm 103 to learn a new prayer Psalm 136 to learn a new song Psalm 92 to learn more about God Psalm 24 to understand yourself more clearly Psalm 8 to know how to come to God each day Psalm 5 to be forgiven for your sins Psalm 51 to feel worthwhile Psalm 139 to understand why you should read the Bible Psalm 119 to give praise to God Psalm 145 to know that God is in control Psalm 146 to give thanks to God Psalm 136 to please God Psalm 15 to know why you should worship God Psalm 104 God’s Word was written to be studied, understood, and applied, and the book of Psalms lends itself most directly to application. We understand the psalms best when we “stand under” them and allow them to flow over us like a rain shower. We may turn to Psalms looking for something, but sooner or later we will meet Someone. As we read and memorize the psalms, we will gradually discover how much they are already part of us. They put into words our deepest hurts, longings, thoughts, and prayers. They gently push us toward being what God designed us to be—people loving and living for him.” 1 likes