Start by marking “The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook: 150 Delicious Recipes for Simple, Everyday Suppers in 45 Minutes or Less” as Want to Read:

Healthy in a Hurry offers the ultimate answer to the perennial weeknight question of "What's for dinner?" With hundreds of quick and flavorful main-course recipes, it promises to become an everyday cooking tool for those who want to get a healthy, delicious meal on the table both swiftly and simply.

Coming out of the highly acclaimed Vermont test kitchens of EatingWell maga
Published January 3rd 2006 by Countryman Press

To ask other readers questions about The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook

Jeffrey
Feb 16, 2009 Jeffrey rated it really liked it
I took up cooking as I am out of work, over weight and want to save money. The recipes are clear and usually contain straightforward directions and easy to find ingredients. So far the meals themselves are tasty. My children and I have made two recipes in this book a week -- have had it out from the library and really reluctant to return it. If a nearly 45 year old who never turned on a stove before this year can use this book and come up with good recipes then the book must be good.
Michele Hester
Jun 23, 2014 Michele Hester rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite cookbooks!! I bought a copy after checking one out from the library several times. The recipes are fairly simple to prepare and TASTY!! Favorites include Wok-Seared Chicken Tenders with Asparagus & Pistachios, Honey Mustard Chicken, and Chili-Rubbed Tilapia with Asparagus & Lemon to name just a few.
Carrie
Jul 31, 2008 Carrie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: food
I am going to have to buy this book. I want to make it all. There's a section at the front for those who don't know much about cooking, describing cooking methods, what pans you need, etc. Also, there's a list for your pantry. These are quick recipes that are also good for you! Who doesn't need that?
Patricia
Jul 02, 2008 Patricia rated it it was amazing
The recipes are straight-forward, meaning little more than passing familiarity with directions to your abode's kitchen stove is necessary. And they're good! I have a lot of cookbooks whose existence on my shelves is justified by one or two recipes. Easily a third (and that's a lot!) of these recipes are things we enjoy.
Mary Jo
Nov 09, 2008 Mary Jo rated it really liked it
I really should just buy a copy of this for as many times as I have checked this book out of the library. This book contains 150 healthy and tasty recipes for cooking everyday meals in 45 minutes or less. Favorite recipes in this book are boneless pork chops with mushrooms & thyme, express shrimp & sausage jambalaya, and chicken stuffed with caramelized onions and fontina.
Alicia
Aug 21, 2007 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: people who like to eat
Shelves: cookbooks
I have only tried one recipe so far and it was sooo quick and easy! and delicious. There are awesome delicious sounding recipes in here and they are all healthy! yay. Nice color photographs too.
Dana Dale
Aug 04, 2016 Dana Dale rated it it was amazing
Excellent collection of healthy and quick recipes, plus tips on cooking grains, vegetables and living a healthier lifestyle.
Melissa
Mar 24, 2010 Melissa rated it liked it
I checked this out of the library to peruse the recipes. I wasn't overly excited, some of them seemed "eh". But, I did copy out 6 recipes to try. After I try some of the recipes I can reevaluate.
Heidi
Heidi rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2015
Jennb33 Brown
Jennb33 Brown rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2011
Ashlynn Pearce
Ashlynn Pearce rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Pat Heffernan
Pat Heffernan rated it liked it
May 26, 2014
ReAnn
ReAnn rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2009
Cathy Strasser
Cathy Strasser rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2014
Alicia
Alicia rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Mh
Mh rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2015
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2008
Tamara
Tamara rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Tammy
Tammy rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2014
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2013
Cathy
Cathy rated it liked it
Dec 06, 2007
Jan Sharp
Jan Sharp rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Geoffrey Staysniak
Geoffrey Staysniak rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2014
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2015
betsy
betsy rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2008
James Strock
James Strock rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2009
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2015
Ellen
Ellen rated it it was ok
Jul 04, 2010