Start by marking “Twenty-Somewhere” as Want to Read:
Twenty-Somewhere

Twenty-Somewhere (Twenty-Somewhere #1-40)

3.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  147 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Written as 40 weekly webisodes, Twenty-Somewhere is the fast-paced, heartfelt story of 3 young women learning how to be independent, yet also hold onto each other, in this big, crazy, modern world.

Best friends Sophie Lin, Claudia Bradford, and MJ Alexander have graduated college and are ready to take on the real world. Or so they think. As relationships sour, careers sputt

Nook, Omnibus, 200 pages
Published June 15th 2010 by Hoffman, Kristan (first published July 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Twenty-Somewhere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twenty-Somewhere

Ashley - Book Labyrinth
Kristan Hoffman describes her book by saying “Think Sex and the City meets Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.” I really love this description because it makes it clear that the book is about a group of close-knit friends. The thing I loved about ‘Twenty-Somewhere’ is that it’s set right after the girls (Sophie, Claudia and MJ) graduate from college. I haven’t read that many books that take place during this time, so that made it interesting for me. Hoffman did a good job describing the girls' fe ...more
Candy
Apr 24, 2011 Candy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read entirely too many coming-of-age novels lately because I went into this one interested, but feeling like I'd read it all... yeah, not so much. This is more than a teenage girl finding herself, more than a the average 18-year-old finding himself. It's about a group of up-and-coming 20-somethings who help each other find themselves through love, laughter and fun.

The start of the book is a little rough. It takes a while to get used to the "episodes" and it felt a little disjointed at first
Jeannette
Mar 03, 2011 Jeannette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a light, refreshing read, Twenty-Somewhere hits the spot. It's not your typical coming of age book full of angst & brooding. Twenty-Somewhere is a smart, witty story of three friends who make mistakes, learn from them & seem to actually enjoy their journey. Sophie, MJ & Claudia discover that life happens while you're making other plans. Through fights, break-ups & major career changes these girls find their own strength. They learn that jumping into life with out a net is sca ...more
Sherrie Petersen
Jun 24, 2010 Sherrie Petersen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I actually read all the episodes of this book on my Kindle and found myself sucked in right away.

The series is very addictive. I could relate to the struggles and growth these characters were going through right out of college. And honestly, once I got to a certain point, I had to stay up to finish reading. The author is working on a proposal for St. Martin's Press to turn these episodes into a more traditional book format. I can hardly wait to see how it turns out!

If you own an e-reader, Twent
Karen
Mar 09, 2011 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Was a quick read, but nothing really sets this apart from other books written about college grads trying to find themselves...the chapters are short though and it holds your attention since it doesnt really veer off the same storyline for the entire book.
Amy
Other Characters: 3/5
Plot: 3/5
Writing: 3/5
Triggering/Issues: 5/5 (None)

AVERAGED TOTAL: 3.3 out of five, rounded to 3.

This was an alright book. It was originally written as a series of "episodes" which explains the disjointedness. It was an interesting look at three twenty-something girls, and I enjoyed the sort of... finding your way message about it. The end wrapped up a bit quicker than I expected, but overall it was a good, simple sort of read.
Christina
Sep 03, 2012 Christina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Short, almost novella-ish self-published e-book about three girls who graduate from college and struggle with typical post-graduation choices re: boys, career, life direction, etc. I liked the characters. They felt real and well-developed. Pretty sheltered and not particularly exciting, but that's part of what made them seem authentic and relatable. The plot was also OK -- I couldn't exactly describe it, but there was a quality that made me keep reading. I wanted to find out what was going to ha ...more
Jacy
May 02, 2012 Jacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Three friends in their early 20's head out into the world. So original, I know! Still it was not a bad book. I got through it pretty quickly. Two of these girls had almost all male friends, who of course wanted to hook up with them. I felt like she could have done something differently than all that when she only had 3 main characters to work with. It was hard to separate those two girls as I was reading. I found myself checking how many pages I had left after I had gotten about halfway through ...more
K
Mar 13, 2013 K rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, new-adult
More 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Yawn' than 'Sex and the City'.

That tagline is what drew me in. SATC?! Where?! NOWHERE. Maybe the fact that the story revolves around a group of female friends? I don't know. I was excited for this because, apparently, the author is indeed a twentysomething, which is relatively rare. Unfortunately, I couldn't find myself relating to the characters or getting drawn in to the story. Everything felt very small-town and slightly boring. As another reviewer mentioned,
Carrie
May 05, 2012 Carrie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
I feel like I read the cliff notes version of this book! Crazy things happen and *bam* - end scene! And it may get mentioned later but that's it. I was incredibly annoyed by how these girls all had multiple men panting after them. And for all the man drama, the two single girls never found the right guy. This book just wasn't for me I guess.
Dana
Apr 23, 2011 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
The writing style was a little confusing. Narration would go back and forth between characters in different places, and they were in episodes rather than chapters. It was a good, quick read, but nothing substantial. It felt like a first effort, and I even think I saw some typos in the kindle version..
Monica Alexander
Although it took me a while to read this book, I like the story. It was cute, and if you're in your twenties or have been a twenty-something before, you can relate to a lot of it. There were parts that I thought were funny and really enjoyed and some that were just okay.
Gypsy In Pearls
This was a fun little summer read. I got the sisterhood of the traveling pants without the stupid pants part (no way they all fit in the same jeans) feeling. I also enjoyed how this one was more "grown up" and sensible than most coming of age stories these days.
Becky
Dec 27, 2011 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an alright book. I know it probably falls into the genre of romance, but lucky for me, it wasn't totally centered around the girls' love lives. Fast read.
Jerrica
Oct 30, 2012 Jerrica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Got this title as a bargain book or freebie on my Kindle and I just could not get into it or enjoy it at all, so at half way through I am giving up...
Jessica Lysen
May 24, 2012 Jessica Lysen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
couldnt finish it...
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
margarita colon
margarita colon marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Satya Nagisetty
Satya Nagisetty marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Ebony
Ebony marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Christina
Christina rated it did not like it
Mar 02, 2016
Erika M
Erika M marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
Leanndra
Leanndra marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Torrie
Torrie marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Rebecca Knechtel
Rebecca Knechtel rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2016
Jo Notary
Jo Notary marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
  • New House 5: How a Dorm Becomes a Home
  • The Summerland
  • Where the Heart Is
  • Just Dial 911 for Assistance
  • I'll Be There (Angel Ridge, #4)
  • The Trouble with Nightingale
  • Griselda Takes Flight (Bright's Pond #3)
  • Long Time Coming
  • India's Summer
  • Katheryn's Secret (Coast of Maine, #3)
  • Where the Hell is Matt? The Story Behind the Internet Dancing Sensation
  • House Report
  • Protecting Phoebe
  • When the Stars Go Blue
  • Shrouded in Silence
  • Isn't It Romantic?
  • Kiss Me If You Dare (Patricia Amble, #3)
  • Holiday Rush
Writer. Halfie. Momma to the #grumblepup. Big fan of football and feminism, among other things. Rep'd by Tina Wexler of ICM. Member of We Heart YA.
More about Kristan Hoffman...

Twenty-Somewhere (10 books)