One Summer (Celebrity Magazine, #2)

One Summer (Celebrity Magazine #2)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  982 ratings  ·  65 reviews

RIVALS

COMPANIONS

LOVERS

It

Published September 1st 2011 by Silhouette Desire (first published 1986)

Melodie
One Summer is the second installment of the Celebrity Magazine series. This one follows the prickly romance that develops between Celebrity photographer Bryan Mitchell and photojournalist Shade Wilder.
The two are sent off on a cross country mission to capture summer. It doesn't take long for sparks to fly as they try to get along in close quarters, each believing the other to be a royal pain in the ass.Of course the inevitable happens,even though both had decided that it shouldn't and wouldn't...more
Tiffanie
I loved this story. I couldn't put it down!
Bryan is a photographer she looks at life in the most innocent way. She was married once an it didn't work out she loved her work more and there just wasn't room for both in her life an she choose her work.

Shade is a cynic man who looks at the world as dark place an those are the type of pictures he creates. When he did a stint over seas getting pictures the lady from that country that he met and fell in love with played him for a fool she was only ge...more
Deepika
The most boring book I've ever read. Waste of time.

Its true... Don't judge a book by its cover! How can a book with such a lovely cover be so boring!!
Romanticdryad
Cute and fluffy. Like most romances, this one pretty much goes where you expect. Two people who seem to be at odds, fall for each other dealing with some bumps on the way.

Unlike some of her more epic books, this Nora Roberts tale is pretty intimate. Most of the book is just Shade and Bryan (odd names) and scenery. It's a road trip story and I enjoyed learning little bits about different parts of the US. Roberts' descriptions were interesting enough that I wanted to go to parts the States I've ne...more
Duncan Mandel
RIVALS Bryan Mitchell and Shade Wilder. She was America's greatest celebrity photographer. He was one of the world's most respected photojournalists.COMPANIONSThey were working together, traveling across the country, recording two views of one American summer. They we complete opposites. And yet they each felt a passion that was destined to draw them together. LOVERS It took the eye of the camera to show them how close they could become. And it took their mounting desire to lower their defenses...more
Julie
"One Summer" started out as a promising story. The back cover copy -- two photographers, one summer-long road-trip -- totally hooked me. It seemed like the kind of story that was tailor-made for me. I'm into photography, and I'm a sucker for road-trip stories, especially road-trip stories that involve a romance. I had to read this.

Nora Roberts is a good writer. This was my first time reading her stuff, and I was impressed by her skills. She's as famous as she is for a reason. However, this book...more
Kathy Davie
Second in the Celebrity Magazine romance series.

The Story
Bryan Mitchell probes for the underlying character of the celebrities she photographs while Shade Colby is more interested in the underlying grit of life. Somehow they have to merge their talents while on a summer road trip shooting a pictorial essay of America. Life-style wanted his "strong, sometimes concise, sometimes ambiguous" emotional pictures but they had to be balanced by the softer view of a woman---Bryan Mitchell.

The Characters...more
Megha
Thats it. Am done. Either Am too old or i have read too many of her books but am finding Nora Roberts monotonous which i never thought was possible. My last few books i read were less than liked them. They are boring, tedious and utterly repetitive. They are romance. But i read so many varieties of romance that am finding the old Nora Roberts boring. Its getting difficult to like her books and am so sorry that this happened. I could always depend upon her and now i feel as if someone died.
Julie Barrett
One Summer
Two photographers are thrown together for several months. Problem is they are sexually attracted to one another.
Ryan Mitchell is a complication...Shaye is having a hard time ignoring her.
They need to be on the east coast by Labor Day and they've charted out their courses. Lots of travel and nature. Love the choices they are at
the end of their journey...

Brenda Margriet
One of NR's older - as evidence by the FILM cameras - but still enjoyed it. Bryan (she) and Shade (he) are rival photographers who are hired to travel from California to Cape Cod documenting one summer in America. I loved the flow of the book, travelling from place to place, and like gruff Shade and free-wheeling Bryan. Was the usual competent, enjoyable read.
Andreia Silva
Nunca tinha lido nada da Nora Roberts (uma vergonha, eu sei) e por isso, apesar de já ter ouvido milhares de coisas sobre ela, não sabia muito bem o que esperar. Este "Amor de Verão", como foi editado pela Harlequin esperava um romance levezinho que me aquecesse neste frio sábado.

De facto é uma história simples: dois fotógrafos que são obrigados a partilhar uma carrinha, um trabalho e um verão. Ora o que é que é o óbvio: vão-se apaixonar. Não, não me surpreendi mas não me chateei com isso! É um...more
Julie C-f
The dream trip the hubby and I want to have some day. Not necessarily across America but somewhere closer to home.

Boring and dragging in some parts with conflicted emotions and feelings in between, the chemistry between Bryan and Shade (Colby) is a strong connection for two very different persons and yet the have the same similarities.
Stephanie
Who would have thought that Bryan would resign from the magazine to start on her own. Then go on an assignment with another photographer she thought she hated to finally fall in love and have all what she really wanted be given to her.

I loved the story and loved to read about Hunter and Lee again. It was good to read about the fact that she would have her first book published and that she and Hunter have their first child together on the way. I simply loved the second installment of Celebrity Ma...more
Lorena
This book was confusing and seemed to jump in time--we would be reading about being in Texas and in the next sentence it is a reflection of what happened after Texas. I couldn't relate to the characters or their unrealistic relationship. It was just to confusing to enjoy.
Macwolf01 [Elise]
I'm behind in my reading challenge so running through some quick reads for other challenges to try and catch up. This is a very quick and pleasant read.

Nothing other than what it is a sweet quick romance novel ... 3 stars.
Mara Maia
Foi um livro bonitinho, e bastante romântico.
Achei bonita a relação que eles foram criando ao longo da viagem :)
E o facto de ela ser louca por chocolate e de ser um romance bastante quente só acrescentou pontos ;)

Boas leituras ;)
Sophie
When Byran and Shade come together to do a photo project of the America in the summer you better believe it gets steamy. Shade photographs places and events, capturing the essence of anything through a photo. Brian photographs people, caching ones fillings and desires through a picture.

The two people do not like each other very well. However when you are in a car for hours a day together their less than pleasant emotions for each other quickly turn to something more.

One summers in an enticing ro...more
Heather
Another typical Nora Roberts book.
I could predict what was going to happen...and that really has started to bother me about her books.
Shari
had so much potential..... chicklit romance that could have had much more depth and much more plot.
Upasana Saraf
Lovely!! One Summer every summer..
Rose Beyke
I enjoy her books for a summer porch sitting read. This was one of those.
Andrea
It deserves 4 1/2 stars. I am determined to read all of Nora Roberts books. I find her earlier work, even though it is good, is not quite the quality she writes now. This one shocked me. I loved it. I think with the romance and then the underlying meaning she put into it, made it great. It wasn't just a story, but it made you think about the little things in life. This one even though it was shorter than her novels now, definitely felt like a Nora Roberts now.
Maggie
This was just okay. My biggest complaint was that I read this on audio and the narrator made me crazy. First of all the differences between the main characters "voices" weren't different enough and I couldn't tell who was talking and secondly the female main character was named Bryan and the narrator kept calling her HE!!! I was confused for a good half the book before I realized that the narrator was confusing the pronouns! So very frustrating!
Carol
I will not be reading any more romances no matter how good the thumbnail is. I have finally figured out that the little story is just the vehicle to get from on sex scene to the next. This took me a long time to figure out : ( It's a shame because the story was fairly good. Good thing there's lots of other books to read!!
Deborah Vespo
Two renowned photojournalists are hired to work together to cross America and create a summer pictorial book. They both have past issues to resolve and find themselves developing a friendship that of course evolves into love. Another romance, but of course it's Nora Roberts and I can't turn a book of hers away. Good read!
Tania Martins
Já o acabei, achei francamente melhor do que o primeiro, gostei muito mais da envolvência e do romance entre a Bryan e o Chase talvez pelo facto deles viajarem juntos e ser um romance com uma linha temporal maior (3 meses) ainda que ache que continue tudo a ser mega rápido e lá está com aquele final happy ever after!
Sonia Cristina
Não foi dos melhores que já li; teve foi um final muito querido, que me emocionou e o epílogo, coisa rara em Nora Roberts, foi muito giro também. Tirando isto, não fiquei impressionada com os personagens nem com o romance. Outra coisa gira foi os lugares por onde passaram e as cenas de cada um desses lugares.
Gail
A (wait, must do math) um--27-year-old romance from La Nora, and the age doesn't show at all. Except for the details about film photography and one bit where modern folks would have whipped out a cell phone. The lovely language and ... flowery love scenes are full blown, even 27 years ago. Kudos.
Nicole
Bryan and Shade go on a summer trip across country taking pictures. Both have had failed marriages and afraid of being hurt again. Both find themselves attracted to each other but both are afraid of taking the first step.
  • A Reckless Beauty (Romney Marsh, #5)
  • Purchased for Revenge
  • Tender Savage
  • A Long Tall Texan Summer (Long, Tall Texans, #16)
  • Ready For Romance
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • A Scandalous Marriage (Marriage, #2)
  • Hot for Him (Harlequin Blaze, #326)
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Twelve Across
  • Diamond Bay (Kell Sabin, #2)
  • Keeping Company (Loveswept, No 405; Rainbow Chasers, #2)
  • Driving Her Crazy
  • Summer in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 3)
  • Rosamund (The Friarsgate Inheritance #1)
  • Lord of Falcon Ridge (Viking #4)
  • A Change of Seasons (Seasons of Pleasure, #5)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...