Start by marking “One Summer (Celebrity Magazine, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Summer (Celebrity Magazine, #2)

One Summer (Celebrity Magazine #2)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  1,295 ratings  ·  75 reviews

RIVALS

COMPANIONS

LOVERS

I

Published September 1st 2011 by Silhouette Desire (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about One Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Summer

Deepika
The most boring book I've ever read. Waste of time.

Its true... Don't judge a book by its cover! How can a book with such a lovely cover be so boring!!
Melodie
One Summer is the second installment of the Celebrity Magazine series. This one follows the prickly romance that develops between Celebrity photographer Bryan Mitchell and photojournalist Shade Wilder.
The two are sent off on a cross country mission to capture summer. It doesn't take long for sparks to fly as they try to get along in close quarters, each believing the other to be a royal pain in the ass.Of course the inevitable happens,even though both had decided that it shouldn't and wouldn't
Romanticdryad
Cute and fluffy. Like most romances, this one pretty much goes where you expect. Two people who seem to be at odds, fall for each other dealing with some bumps on the way.

Unlike some of her more epic books, this Nora Roberts tale is pretty intimate. Most of the book is just Shade and Bryan (odd names) and scenery. It's a road trip story and I enjoyed learning little bits about different parts of the US. Roberts' descriptions were interesting enough that I wanted to go to parts the States I've ne
Jess
Road tripping photographers fall in love. What's not to like???
Aurelia Rowl

A fun, enjoyable, read with two strong, intriguing, main characters
Leanne Hunt
I found this to be an enjoyable read; not too heavy and not too challenging. The plot is simple. Two photographers on assignment agree to keep their relationship strictly professional because they are apt to get on each other's nerves even though there is chemistry between them. Bryan enjoys photographing close-ups of people in their natural settings, showing an idealised version of summer in America. Shade likes to shoot photos that highlight the not-so-glamorous side of life, thanks to his bac ...more
Megha
Thats it. Am done. Either Am too old or i have read too many of her books but am finding Nora Roberts monotonous which i never thought was possible. My last few books i read were less than liked them. They are boring, tedious and utterly repetitive. They are romance. But i read so many varieties of romance that am finding the old Nora Roberts boring. Its getting difficult to like her books and am so sorry that this happened. I could always depend upon her and now i feel as if someone died.
Tiffanie
I loved this story. I couldn't put it down!
Bryan is a photographer she looks at life in the most innocent way. She was married once an it didn't work out she loved her work more and there just wasn't room for both in her life an she choose her work.

Shade is a cynic man who looks at the world as dark place an those are the type of pictures he creates. When he did a stint over seas getting pictures the lady from that country that he met and fell in love with played him for a fool she was only ge
Maura
Duncan Mandel
RIVALS Bryan Mitchell and Shade Wilder. She was America's greatest celebrity photographer. He was one of the world's most respected photojournalists.COMPANIONSThey were working together, traveling across the country, recording two views of one American summer. They we complete opposites. And yet they each felt a passion that was destined to draw them together. LOVERS It took the eye of the camera to show them how close they could become. And it took their mounting desire to lower their defenses ...more
Julie
"One Summer" started out as a promising story. The back cover copy -- two photographers, one summer-long road-trip -- totally hooked me. It seemed like the kind of story that was tailor-made for me. I'm into photography, and I'm a sucker for road-trip stories, especially road-trip stories that involve a romance. I had to read this.

Nora Roberts is a good writer. This was my first time reading her stuff, and I was impressed by her skills. She's as famous as she is for a reason. However, this book
Kathy Davie
Second in the Celebrity Magazine romance series.

The Story
Bryan Mitchell probes for the underlying character of the celebrities she photographs while Shade Colby is more interested in the underlying grit of life. Somehow they have to merge their talents while on a summer road trip shooting a pictorial essay of America. Life-style wanted his "strong, sometimes concise, sometimes ambiguous" emotional pictures but they had to be balanced by the softer view of a woman---Bryan Mitchell.

The Characters
Julie Barrett
One Summer
Two photographers are thrown together for several months. Problem is they are sexually attracted to one another.
Ryan Mitchell is a complication...Shaye is having a hard time ignoring her.
They need to be on the east coast by Labor Day and they've charted out their courses. Lots of travel and nature. Love the choices they are at
the end of their journey...

Brenda Margriet
One of NR's older - as evidence by the FILM cameras - but still enjoyed it. Bryan (she) and Shade (he) are rival photographers who are hired to travel from California to Cape Cod documenting one summer in America. I loved the flow of the book, travelling from place to place, and like gruff Shade and free-wheeling Bryan. Was the usual competent, enjoyable read.
Andreia Silva
Nunca tinha lido nada da Nora Roberts (uma vergonha, eu sei) e por isso, apesar de já ter ouvido milhares de coisas sobre ela, não sabia muito bem o que esperar. Este "Amor de Verão", como foi editado pela Harlequin esperava um romance levezinho que me aquecesse neste frio sábado.

De facto é uma história simples: dois fotógrafos que são obrigados a partilhar uma carrinha, um trabalho e um verão. Ora o que é que é o óbvio: vão-se apaixonar. Não, não me surpreendi mas não me chateei com isso! É um
Julie C-f
The dream trip the hubby and I want to have some day. Not necessarily across America but somewhere closer to home.

Boring and dragging in some parts with conflicted emotions and feelings in between, the chemistry between Bryan and Shade (Colby) is a strong connection for two very different persons and yet the have the same similarities.
Stephanie
Who would have thought that Bryan would resign from the magazine to start on her own. Then go on an assignment with another photographer she thought she hated to finally fall in love and have all what she really wanted be given to her.

I loved the story and loved to read about Hunter and Lee again. It was good to read about the fact that she would have her first book published and that she and Hunter have their first child together on the way. I simply loved the second installment of Celebrity Ma
Lorena
This book was confusing and seemed to jump in time--we would be reading about being in Texas and in the next sentence it is a reflection of what happened after Texas. I couldn't relate to the characters or their unrealistic relationship. It was just to confusing to enjoy.
Emily Flood
Liked the tension in it, and that it actually had some growth in the characters throughout, it was very good in my opinion, for a romance novel, I couldn't put it down so read it in about a day and a half and that is good for me, since I am not the fastest reader.
Macwolf01 [Elise]
I'm behind in my reading challenge so running through some quick reads for other challenges to try and catch up. This is a very quick and pleasant read.

Nothing other than what it is a sweet quick romance novel ... 3 stars.
Dorothy Reynolds
Driving across the country, taking photos along the way .. brings back memories of our trip in 2006. Would love to be able to do it again. Such good memories ...
Sophie
When Byran and Shade come together to do a photo project of the America in the summer you better believe it gets steamy. Shade photographs places and events, capturing the essence of anything through a photo. Brian photographs people, caching ones fillings and desires through a picture.

The two people do not like each other very well. However when you are in a car for hours a day together their less than pleasant emotions for each other quickly turn to something more.

One summers in an enticing ro
Heather
Another typical Nora Roberts book.
I could predict what was going to happen...and that really has started to bother me about her books.
Lee Brosnahan
I listened to this book while in hospital. It must be the most boring bool I have ever had on my Ipod
Shari
had so much potential..... chicklit romance that could have had much more depth and much more plot.
Upasana Saraf
Lovely!! One Summer every summer..
Jen
Left me with a smile.
Rose Beyke
I enjoy her books for a summer porch sitting read. This was one of those.
  • A Reckless Beauty (Romney Marsh, #5)
  • A Little Moonlight (The Best of Betty Neels)
  • Purchased for Revenge
  • All They Need
  • After Hours
  • The Disobedient Bride
  • Twelve Across
  • Summer in Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 3)
  • The Taming of a Wild Child (LaBlanc Sisters #2)
  • A Long Tall Texan Summer (Long, Tall Texans, #16)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Naturally Naughty
  • The Spellbinder
  • Craving Her Rough Diamond Doc
  • Beloved Highlander
  • Father's Day
  • California Schemin' (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, #45; Malibu Mayhem Trilogy, #1)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...

Celebrity Magazine (2 books)
  • Second Nature