Start by marking “One Summer (Celebrity Magazine, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Summer (Celebrity Magazine, #2)

One Summer (Celebrity Magazine #2)

3.67  ·  Rating Details ·  1,712 Ratings  ·  97 Reviews

RIVALS

Bryan Mitchell and Shade Wilder. She was America's greatest celebrity photographer. He was one of the world's most respected photojournalists.

COMPANIONS

They were working together, traveling across the country, recording two views of one American summer. They we complete opposites. And yet they each felt a passion that was destined to draw them together.

LOVERS

I

Published September 15th 2011 by Silhouette Desire (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about One Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Summer

Jess
Road tripping photographers fall in love. What's not to like???
Romanticdryad
Cute and fluffy. Like most romances, this one pretty much goes where you expect. Two people who seem to be at odds, fall for each other dealing with some bumps on the way.

Unlike some of her more epic books, this Nora Roberts tale is pretty intimate. Most of the book is just Shade and Bryan (odd names) and scenery. It's a road trip story and I enjoyed learning little bits about different parts of the US. Roberts' descriptions were interesting enough that I wanted to go to parts the States I've ne
Deepika
Oct 30, 2012 Deepika rated it did not like it
The most boring book I've ever read. Waste of time.

Its true... Don't judge a book by its cover! How can a book with such a lovely cover be so boring!!
Melodie
May 05, 2014 Melodie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
One Summer is the second installment of the Celebrity Magazine series. This one follows the prickly romance that develops between Celebrity photographer Bryan Mitchell and photojournalist Shade Wilder.
The two are sent off on a cross country mission to capture summer. It doesn't take long for sparks to fly as they try to get along in close quarters, each believing the other to be a royal pain in the ass.Of course the inevitable happens,even though both had decided that it shouldn't and wouldn't
Aurelia Rowl

A fun, enjoyable, read with two strong, intriguing, main characters
Leanne Hunt
Apr 01, 2015 Leanne Hunt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I found this to be an enjoyable read; not too heavy and not too challenging. The plot is simple. Two photographers on assignment agree to keep their relationship strictly professional because they are apt to get on each other's nerves even though there is chemistry between them. Bryan enjoys photographing close-ups of people in their natural settings, showing an idealised version of summer in America. Shade likes to shoot photos that highlight the not-so-glamorous side of life, thanks to his bac ...more
Megha
Mar 29, 2014 Megha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Thats it. Am done. Either Am too old or i have read too many of her books but am finding Nora Roberts monotonous which i never thought was possible. My last few books i read were less than liked them. They are boring, tedious and utterly repetitive. They are romance. But i read so many varieties of romance that am finding the old Nora Roberts boring. Its getting difficult to like her books and am so sorry that this happened. I could always depend upon her and now i feel as if someone died.
Tiffanie
Jan 17, 2014 Tiffanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. I couldn't put it down!
Bryan is a photographer she looks at life in the most innocent way. She was married once an it didn't work out she loved her work more and there just wasn't room for both in her life an she choose her work.

Shade is a cynic man who looks at the world as dark place an those are the type of pictures he creates. When he did a stint over seas getting pictures the lady from that country that he met and fell in love with played him for a fool she was only ge
Jen
Jun 04, 2016 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Shade Colby and Bryan Mitchell are both photographers, but each has their own style and subject matter. Shade gets into the grit of life and has spent a good portion of time traveling through war torn countries taking photographs that haunt a person. Bryan Mitchell has made her living photographing the glamorous of Hollywood, but pulling out the humanity. When Shade and Bryan are given the opportunity to travel across America and create a photo journal, both jump at the chance to explore unknown ...more
Милена Божинова
I loved this story. I couldn't put it down!

Bryan an shade have been teamed up to do a article and they have to take the summer to travel across the country taking pictures together. From the
Maura
Julie
"One Summer" started out as a promising story. The back cover copy -- two photographers, one summer-long road-trip -- totally hooked me. It seemed like the kind of story that was tailor-made for me. I'm into photography, and I'm a sucker for road-trip stories, especially road-trip stories that involve a romance. I had to read this.

Nora Roberts is a good writer. This was my first time reading her stuff, and I was impressed by her skills. She's as famous as she is for a reason. However, this book
Kathy Davie
Jan 20, 2016 Kathy Davie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Second in the Celebrity Magazine romance series with the focus on Bryan Mitchell and Shade Colby.

In 1986, One Summer won the Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award.

My Take
An interesting look at America through a summer road trip with a fascinating look into the minds of two photographers. I very much enjoyed reading their point of view in how they chose the photographs they would take and how they approached their subjects.

The Story
Bryan Mitchell probes for the underlying character of the celebr
Julie Barrett
Feb 27, 2014 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One Summer
Two photographers are thrown together for several months. Problem is they are sexually attracted to one another.
Ryan Mitchell is a complication...Shaye is having a hard time ignoring her.
They need to be on the east coast by Labor Day and they've charted out their courses. Lots of travel and nature. Love the choices they are at
the end of their journey...

Kate Millin
Aug 08, 2016 Kate Millin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two photographers with different styles, have been asked to do a project capturing America in the summer. It means they are going to spend a lot of time together - interesting as they both like to work alone and do not know each other. Bryan takes pictures of celebrities, she likes to get to know then and prefers to focus on people and get photos that show their inner selves. Shade has taken photos in some very dangerous places. It takes time for them to work out how to work together.
Cláudia Martins
3,5
Gostei bastante do livro, a histórias de dois famosos fotógrafos que se juntam numa autocaravana para descreverem em fotos o Verão na costa dos Estados Unidos. Achei interessante as 2 formas de ver/observar que os fotógrafos utilizam para contar uma história, assim como o que geralmente procuram.
Apesar de tudo faltou conteúdo, faltou mais qualquer coisa, é certo que o livro é pequeno mas...
Brenda Margriet
Mar 11, 2014 Brenda Margriet rated it liked it
One of NR's older - as evidence by the FILM cameras - but still enjoyed it. Bryan (she) and Shade (he) are rival photographers who are hired to travel from California to Cape Cod documenting one summer in America. I loved the flow of the book, travelling from place to place, and like gruff Shade and free-wheeling Bryan. Was the usual competent, enjoyable read.
Andreia Silva
Nunca tinha lido nada da Nora Roberts (uma vergonha, eu sei) e por isso, apesar de já ter ouvido milhares de coisas sobre ela, não sabia muito bem o que esperar. Este "Amor de Verão", como foi editado pela Harlequin esperava um romance levezinho que me aquecesse neste frio sábado.

De facto é uma história simples: dois fotógrafos que são obrigados a partilhar uma carrinha, um trabalho e um verão. Ora o que é que é o óbvio: vão-se apaixonar. Não, não me surpreendi mas não me chateei com isso! É um
Julie C-f
The dream trip the hubby and I want to have some day. Not necessarily across America but somewhere closer to home.

Boring and dragging in some parts with conflicted emotions and feelings in between, the chemistry between Bryan and Shade (Colby) is a strong connection for two very different persons and yet the have the same similarities.
Stephanie
Jun 20, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-good-reads
Who would have thought that Bryan would resign from the magazine to start on her own. Then go on an assignment with another photographer she thought she hated to finally fall in love and have all what she really wanted be given to her.

I loved the story and loved to read about Hunter and Lee again. It was good to read about the fact that she would have her first book published and that she and Hunter have their first child together on the way. I simply loved the second installment of Celebrity Ma
Lorena
May 04, 2014 Lorena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was confusing and seemed to jump in time--we would be reading about being in Texas and in the next sentence it is a reflection of what happened after Texas. I couldn't relate to the characters or their unrealistic relationship. It was just to confusing to enjoy.
Emily Flood
Liked the tension in it, and that it actually had some growth in the characters throughout, it was very good in my opinion, for a romance novel, I couldn't put it down so read it in about a day and a half and that is good for me, since I am not the fastest reader.
Macwolf01 [Elise]
I'm behind in my reading challenge so running through some quick reads for other challenges to try and catch up. This is a very quick and pleasant read.

Nothing other than what it is a sweet quick romance novel ... 3 stars.
Wicahpis
Aug 13, 2016 Wicahpis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este livro só consegue ser compreendido na sua totalidade por pessoas que utilizaram máquinas com rolo e/ou pessoas que fizeram revelações de fotos ainda com tanques de revelação...
Maggie F
Interesting story about two photographers who are the complete opposite of each other, but embark together on a journey across America to capture "summer" in photographs.
Barbara Winstead
One Summer

Another great read by Nora Roberts. Great book about love and compromise. Would recommend to young female adults or anyone that's been in love
Dorothy Reynolds
Driving across the country, taking photos along the way .. brings back memories of our trip in 2006. Would love to be able to do it again. Such good memories ...
Sophie
Mar 08, 2013 Sophie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2013
When Byran and Shade come together to do a photo project of the America in the summer you better believe it gets steamy. Shade photographs places and events, capturing the essence of anything through a photo. Brian photographs people, caching ones fillings and desires through a picture.

The two people do not like each other very well. However when you are in a car for hours a day together their less than pleasant emotions for each other quickly turn to something more.

One summers in an enticing ro
jackie longman
Apr 04, 2016 jackie longman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A moment in time

Cleverly captured , a road trip that changes both of them forever, Nora Roberts at her best , a must read for the holidays
Helmisade
Easy reading with a lovely road trip setting. The main characters are equals in every way and seeing their relationship develop was a good time.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Cinderella Solution
  • A Little Moonlight
  • A Reckless Beauty (Romney Marsh, #5)
  • The Wedding Dress (The McDaniels, #3)
  • Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate (Hot Bed of Scandal #1)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • All They Need
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Witchcraft
  • Twelve Across
  • Hired Husband (Fortune's Children #1)
  • The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #2)
  • Led Astray (Hellraisers, #1)
  • Silver Bullet (My Immortal Knight, #6)
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • After Hours
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Celebrity Magazine (2 books)
  • Second Nature (Celebrity Magazine, #1)