Start by marking “Me and Caleb” as Want to Read:
Me and Caleb

Me and Caleb

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This is an example product description.
Published January 28th 1962 by Follett

To ask other readers questions about Me and Caleb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me and Caleb

MisterFweem
This is a book that Mr. Sweat, my fifth-grade teacher, read to us as we did whatever. I found a copy of it at the thrift store and decided to take a stroll down memory lane. It is as funny and as sad as I remember it. Guess it's the real neat thing to have kids' books that deal with death, even if it's only the death of dogs.

I remember we were pretty enraptured by this story of these sneaky little boys and their troubles and fun. I think it'll be a good book to read to my boys. As long as I hide
Greta High-reynolds
My 4th grade teacher, my favorite teacher ever, Mrs. Poer, read this book to us. I loved it. After my first child was born, I realized I just had to read it again!!! I went to the local library and found it in their system, but when I went to get it from the shelf, it wasn't there. Someone had kept it. I soon learned that it was a rare out-of-print, and much sought after book. It was going for around $150 on Ebay!!!!!! This was in the early 2000s. So I forgot about it for awhile, and years later ...more
Carey
Jan 07, 2010 Carey marked it as to-read
My 4th grade teacher read this to our class...it was so funny, I am anxious to find a copy and settle in.
Erin
I found this book while searching on the library data base: keyword Appalachian Mountains. After reading the front flap, I was ready to be entertained and laugh.
" Me and Calebis a wonderfully funny book that is a pure laugh-out-loud good time! Here 12-year-old Bud tells of life with his little brother Caleb in a small Missouri town at the edge of the Ozarks......A splendid tale for kids of all ages and for parents with long memories."

We liked the book, it was fun and silly. It didn't have as m
Eloise
Jul 08, 2008 Eloise rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I read this book when it was first published in 1962 and was delighted to discover that it has recently been republished. I remember reading passages to my mom and laughing so hard I could hardly get through them. Despite the fact that I've discovered Richard Peck in the intervening years (which makes this and many other books pale by comparison), I enjoyed re-reading it. It is quite dated, however.
Sara floerke
Terrific book for kids. Reads a little bit like "Great Brain."

Apparently this book isn't printed anymore, but this would be a terrific book for boys to read and enjoy. About a boy and his little brother in the mountains who are up to all sorts of shenanigans. Very funny. Pretty light. No heart rending or pet slaughter, yet well worth the time to read.
Kimberly
Jun 27, 2011 Kimberly marked it as to-read
Another vintage kids' chapter book that many people loved in their youth. Despite a reprinting at some point within the last decade, copies of this book and its sequel are beastly expensive. So if you happen to see one at a used book store or yard sale for a reasonable price, you should snatch it up--and then let me borrow it to read to my kids!
Tom
I loved this book, brothers a secret club, snowballs and a goat. What more can you ask for? Dont forget grandpa and the cottonmouth. Bud was my role model
Cheri
I read this as a child and found it on Amazon!!! Good childrens book, funny and enjoyable.
Jessica
Austin loved this book. I enjoyed it, but didn't love it!
Meghana Lakshman
A GREAT book for children in elementary school
Maria
Absolutely hilarious book. Love it!
Derrick
fondly remembered from my childhood.
Jana
Good read for David and I!
Ivy Winsheimer
Ivy Winsheimer marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Ariah
Ariah marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Jeff Reasoner
Jeff Reasoner marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Danielle Dunston-young
Danielle Dunston-young marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Garrett Miller
Garrett Miller marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Justin Powell
Justin Powell marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Julia Grant
Julia Grant marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Mike Means
Mike Means marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Stacy Adams
Stacy Adams marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014