Start by marking “Me and Caleb” as Want to Read:
Me and Caleb

Me and Caleb

This is an example product description.
Published January 28th 1962 by Follett

To ask other readers questions about Me and Caleb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me and Caleb

Jan 16, 2012 MisterFweem rated it really liked it
This is a book that Mr. Sweat, my fifth-grade teacher, read to us as we did whatever. I found a copy of it at the thrift store and decided to take a stroll down memory lane. It is as funny and as sad as I remember it. Guess it's the real neat thing to have kids' books that deal with death, even if it's only the death of dogs.

I remember we were pretty enraptured by this story of these sneaky little boys and their troubles and fun. I think it'll be a good book to read to my boys. As long as I hide
Greta High-reynolds
Mar 04, 2014 Greta High-reynolds rated it it was amazing
My 4th grade teacher, my favorite teacher ever, Mrs. Poer, read this book to us. I loved it. After my first child was born, I realized I just had to read it again!!! I went to the local library and found it in their system, but when I went to get it from the shelf, it wasn't there. Someone had kept it. I soon learned that it was a rare out-of-print, and much sought after book. It was going for around $150 on Ebay!!!!!! This was in the early 2000s. So I forgot about it for awhile, and years later ...more
Jan 07, 2010 Carey marked it as to-read
My 4th grade teacher read this to our was so funny, I am anxious to find a copy and settle in.
Feb 25, 2010 Erin rated it liked it
I found this book while searching on the library data base: keyword Appalachian Mountains. After reading the front flap, I was ready to be entertained and laugh.
" Me and Calebis a wonderfully funny book that is a pure laugh-out-loud good time! Here 12-year-old Bud tells of life with his little brother Caleb in a small Missouri town at the edge of the Ozarks......A splendid tale for kids of all ages and for parents with long memories."

We liked the book, it was fun and silly. It didn't have as m
Jul 08, 2008 Eloise rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I read this book when it was first published in 1962 and was delighted to discover that it has recently been republished. I remember reading passages to my mom and laughing so hard I could hardly get through them. Despite the fact that I've discovered Richard Peck in the intervening years (which makes this and many other books pale by comparison), I enjoyed re-reading it. It is quite dated, however.
Sara floerke
Mar 13, 2010 Sara floerke rated it it was amazing
Terrific book for kids. Reads a little bit like "Great Brain."

Apparently this book isn't printed anymore, but this would be a terrific book for boys to read and enjoy. About a boy and his little brother in the mountains who are up to all sorts of shenanigans. Very funny. Pretty light. No heart rending or pet slaughter, yet well worth the time to read.
Jun 27, 2011 Kimberly marked it as to-read
Another vintage kids' chapter book that many people loved in their youth. Despite a reprinting at some point within the last decade, copies of this book and its sequel are beastly expensive. So if you happen to see one at a used book store or yard sale for a reasonable price, you should snatch it up--and then let me borrow it to read to my kids!
Jan 29, 2009 Tom rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, brothers a secret club, snowballs and a goat. What more can you ask for? Dont forget grandpa and the cottonmouth. Bud was my role model
Mar 03, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this book. It is out of print. I read it and then found a copy to own. I read it to my students each year. Love--joy--and tears from all.
Feb 07, 2009 Cheri rated it it was amazing
I read this as a child and found it on Amazon!!! Good childrens book, funny and enjoyable.
Jan 20, 2010 Jessica rated it liked it
Austin loved this book. I enjoyed it, but didn't love it!
Meghana Lakshman
A GREAT book for children in elementary school
Sep 22, 2011 Maria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Absolutely hilarious book. Love it!
fondly remembered from my childhood.
Feb 03, 2009 Jana rated it it was amazing
Good read for David and I!
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Melanie marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Steve rated it really liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Michael rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Meekly Reader
Meekly Reader marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Wesley marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2016
Donald Dickerson
Donald Dickerson marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Nancy marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Scott rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2016
Beth Braley
Beth Braley rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016