Start by marking “Love Revealed (The Market #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Revealed (The Market #1)

Love Revealed (The Market #1)

Lady Katherine Drummond plays by society’s rules, even after the Ton turns on her. Shunned by her peers, she keeps up appearances by day but allows her true self out in the privacy of The Market. There, in the arms of one man, she comes alive. So much so, she signs a contract to be his for six months. Despite never having seen his face and knowing him only as Sir, she fear ...more
Published February 3rd 2012 by Decadent Publishing (first published February 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Love Revealed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Revealed

Kat Desi
Sep 03, 2014 Kat Desi rated it liked it
Very light BDSM, an even lighter plot, interesting characters and then some smut. This book right here is one of my guilty pleasures: kinky historical romance. I need more books like this!
Sofia Grey
Feb 11, 2012 Sofia Grey rated it really liked it
This was a fun and quick sexy historical with a taste of BDSM. Lady Katherine Drummond is a widow, but one NOT on the hunt for a new husband. In her experience, husbands are a bad thing and she’s quite happy to stay single. Especially since her sexual needs are taken care of so ably by The Market. She attends on a regular basis for a secret liason with a man she knows only as Sir. Since they both wear masks, her identity is safe, and she uses an assumed name – Kat. Nobody would ever recognise he ...more
Cid Tyer
Feb 08, 2012 Cid Tyer rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
Love Revealed is a historical BDSM novella. From the blurb, you’re presented with a woman embracing widowhood, who comes with baggage appropriate to the times. A husband who treated her less than fairly, and left her with a black spot on her reputation. The hero is a man whom everyone desires and yet no one can capture.

Out of the gate, I was expecting a few things. For one, the heroine Kat, played true to what I expected. Her baggage holds her back at points, but she reaches for what she wants.
Monique
Jun 24, 2012 Monique rated it liked it
Originally reviewed at The Forbidden Bookshelf

3.5 Stars

Love Revealed was a nice historical erotic romance. Lady Katherine Drummond is a widow who has been ostracized from the Ton due to circumstances beyond her control. Due to the nature of her late husband’s terminal illness, polite society has turned their back on her. She’s invited to social events but only out of the Ton’s morbid curiosity over her. Lord Raymond Tarkenton, the Earl of Heathington is a reclusive bachelor who normally avoids t
preppea
LOVE REVEALED is not your mom’s historical romance. It is mostly hot lava sex with a little bit of story mixed in. But then, it’s a novella so there’s only so much time allotted and given that, the author certainly accomplishes a major heat factor in a short amount of time. If you like historical romance and erotica combined, this is a steamy, quick read.

Lady Katherine Drummond (Kat) was burned by society after her husband died of syphilis and she is assumed to have it as well. Since she knows
Book Binge
Apr 11, 2012 Book Binge rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews-by-tracy
Lady Katherine Drummond has invitations into society but not many. Her late husband was known to have syphilis as that is what he died from and everyone assumes that she is infected as well. Since the marriage was never consummated there’s no chance that she could have contracted the disease. Because of her status she has discovered The Market. This is a place where she can go and receive sexual release under the cover of a mask and no one knows who she is. Her most frequent lover is a man she c ...more
Juuli
This is the second bdsm story I read because of the bet I lost. The first one was contemporary Domination in Pink. So, this time I chose a historical erotic romance and again I have to admit I quite liked it.
Kat is an outcast in higher society because her husband died of syphilis and people believe she has the same illness. She visits The Market - a house where rich people can experience their wild erotic fantasies. She often spends time there with a man she calls Sir.
Earl of Heathington is one
Sophia
Aug 12, 2016 Sophia rated it liked it
If you love scorching historical bdsm, you should definitely give this novella a try.

Two seemingly staid members of the upper class find their way to The Market, a club/brothel, where behind their masks, they are able to indulge their darker needs. His to dominate and hers to trust and submit to any pain or pleasure 'Sir' orders up. Then he discovers her true identity and things get even more interesting.

I enjoyed the establishment of the characters and a decent plot along with more than a nod
Fiordiligii
Oct 20, 2013 Fiordiligii rated it did not like it
Note to self: Why do you again and again try out erotic historical romances when you KNOW they will - best case scenario: just bore you, or worst case scenario: annoy you endlessly. Answer: no idea.

In this case the story was just boring, not bad. While I am totally ok with reading sexy contemporaries that have little to no plot, I always seem to expect more in historical romances. I discontinued because I couldn't connect with the characters. DNF
Becky Condit
Feb 27, 2012 Becky Condit rated it really liked it
Sorcha Mowbray’s LOVE REVEALED is a cross between two popular romance genres, historical and BDSM, and the integration of the two is done well, giving us an entertaining and suggestive book.
I recommend this book for readers who love historical romances with a lot of exciting sex and an HEA to bring it all home.
Amber
Jun 18, 2012 Amber rated it it was ok
Great setup, but the execution was kind of... sloppy. I was pushing through the many typos and historical inaccuracies, then what should have been a major turning point in their relationship was passed over with a "they fucked all day"
Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer
This was a short, enjoyable historical bondage book. It flowed well for being more of a novella. Talk about some HOT sex scenes. Heath was a masterful Dom for the time period and Kat was a great heroine. A good read.
Kathryn
Historical Romance & Erotica. Who would have thought? This story will make your heart go pitter patter all the way to the bookstore and look for another Sorcha Mowbray book.
Missy Jane
Oct 02, 2013 Missy Jane rated it really liked it
This was a short but hot Victorian era romance. I really liked the characters. It always pleases me when the wallflower attracts the hot guy in the room. Well written and very good sex scenes.
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2015
Danielle
Danielle rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2015
Ann
Ann rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Robyn Fry
Robyn Fry rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2015
Mysterious
Oct 08, 2013 Mysterious rated it it was ok
Pretty tame erotica. The historical setting was sloppy.
Jay
Jay rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2013
Tai
Tai rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
Marishka
Marishka rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2014
Bibka
Bibka rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2015
Lisa24hp
Lisa24hp rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Jackie Dillard
Jackie Dillard rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2016
Carla
Carla rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2012
Perpetua
Perpetua rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Shareefah AlFarhan
Shareefah AlFarhan rated it liked it
May 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Malice Striker (Viking Vengeance, #1)
  • Training Lady Townsend (Properly Spanked, #1)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
  • Taming Angelina (The Temptation Saga, #4)
  • Surrender (Guilty Pleasures #1)
  • Move Me (Hidden, #4)
  • The Craftsman
  • Blackthorne (Heart of Fame #8)
  • Badcock
  • Tied and True (Satyr's Mist, #1)
  • Make Mine a Cowboy (Cowboy Dreamin', #1)
  • The First Sinners (The Sinners Club, #0.5)
  • The Charmer (Assassins Guild #1)
  • Carnal Deceptions
  • The Price of Desire
  • Blank Canvas (Big Easy, #1)
  • Bondmate (Planet Alpha #1)
  • Gift of Desire
Sorcha Mowbray is a mild mannered office worker by day…okay, so she is actually a mouthy, opinionated, take charge kind of gal who bosses everyone around; but she definitely works in an office. At night she writes romance so hot she sets the sheets on fire! Just ask her slightly singed husband.

She is a long time lover of historical romance, having grown up reading Johanna Lindsey and Judith McNaug
More about Sorcha Mowbray...

The Market (3 books)
  • Love Redeemed (The Market #2)
  • Love Reclaimed (The Market #3)

“Independence was easy when there was no other choice.” 0 likes